• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoking

Q

QLD

Smoking is a serious topic in society and is often frowned upon. Does anyone here smoke?

Does anyone know of any famous rugby players that smoke/smoked? I know the likes of Shane Warne, Anna Kournakova, Zinedine Zidane have but any union/league players?

From League I know Willie Mason and Jason Smith smoke.

I know that Pieter de Villiers (french prop) and Philippe Bernat-Salles (french winger) smoke. As I do, although I'll quit when my wife gets pregnant. Tobacco is useless anyway, I prefer smoking green stuff...

Didn't Serge Blanco use to smoke a pack a day when he was playing? I might be way off, but I'm pretty sure I have heard that from somewhere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 14 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know that Pieter de Villiers (french prop) and Philippe Bernat-Salles (french winger) smoke. As I do, although I'll quit when my wife gets pregnant. Tobacco is useless anyway, I prefer smoking green stuff...[/b]

With you on that Charles. I will never ever smoke cigarettes but wouldn't say no to the green stuff every now and again... moderation is key here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 14 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 14 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that Pieter de Villiers (french prop) and Philippe Bernat-Salles (french winger) smoke. As I do, although I'll quit when my wife gets pregnant. Tobacco is useless anyway, I prefer smoking green stuff...[/b]

With you on that Charles. I will never ever smoke cigarettes but wouldn't say no to the green stuff every now and again... moderation is key here.
[/b][/quote]

Why is that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 14 2008, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Nov 14 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 14 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Why is that?
[/b][/quote]

Because if I feel the urge to inhale toxic fumes into body I may as well get a certain special "something" from doing it. Know what I mean?

In the style of Lekso..

Here in my country of georgia we not smoke very times! It is the cigars persons scent i am not like. ;(

But if i did smoke i would smokes like this time :D
smoking.jpg

It is the very bad habits, look uncle sam the americas poster man tells us is bad thing XD
funny-no-smoking-sign.jpg

and here in georgia this is my familys auntie :cheers:
woman_smoking.jpg

I am say to everyone here at lovely TRF that we must never smokes is make you bad smell person :ar15firing5de:

Smoking is pathetic and anyone who does so is a selfish prick given the carcinogenic elements and the proven risks of passive smoking.

Although it truly must be awesome to be a smoker and to smell like a chimney, have yellow fingers, teeth, those with hair giving themselves a lovely yellow tinge if they eat a couple of packs a day. In fact I take everything back that I just said, I really want to be that awesome. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 14 2008, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In the style of Lekso..

Here in my country of georgia we not smoke very times! It is the cigars persons scent i am not like. ;(

But if i did smoke i would smokes like this time :D
smoking.jpg

It is the very bad habits, look uncle sam the americas poster man tells us is bad thing XD
funny-no-smoking-sign.jpg

and here in georgia this is my familys auntie :cheers:
woman_smoking.jpg

I am say to everyone here at lovely TRF that we must never smokes is make you bad smell person :ar15firing5de:[/b]

:lol: That was hilarious! We need someone to keep this Lekso-esque style posting up, it always makes me laugh.

Also, I know in my personal picture I am sucking on a <strike>fatty</strike> cigar, but that was under the influence of my Russian comrade (seriously, all Lekso jokes aside) hence the stupid Red Star hat I'm wearing. Wasn't that bad I must say, you don't inhale it but you are left with a rather pleasant nutty, chocolaty aroma in your mouth....

No don't smoke cigarettes eventhough just about all my friends and brother smoke. Of course I've tried and it does nothing for me.
I do smoke hookah (hubbly bubbly, for the novices) occasionally though. I got one awhile ago and brought it over to my friends houses often, the parents were so intrigued by it most actually took a few hits and they liked it haha.
And coming from Natal, well yeah, it's hard to find someone who doesn't smoke the green every now and then!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 14 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Smoking is pathetic and anyone who does so is a selfish prick given the carcinogenic elements and the proven risks of passive smoking.[/b]

Show me one piece of scientific evidence, shithead.

Bet you can't find any anything that's not circumstantial or presumptuous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Nov 14 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No don't smoke cigarettes eventhough just about all my friends and brother smoke. Of course I've tried and it does nothing for me.
I do smoke hookah (hubbly bubbly, for the novices) occasionally though. I got one awhile ago and brought it over to my friends houses often, the parents were so intrigued by it most actually took a few hits and they liked it haha.
And coming from Natal, well yeah, it's hard to find someone who doesn't smoke the green every now and then![/b]

There 2 types of water pipes.

The most basic one, often used to smoke weed/****, called a bang here, also used to smoke tobacco in China for example.
CatBangImg8.jpg

And the more developped Hookah (indian name), also called Narguilé or Chicha (arabic name), usually used to smoke flavored tobacco .

Narguile2.gif

yeah smoking is like so, 1985. its not cool. its an expencive habbit both, $20 a packet, or whatever it costs, and to the taxpayer. smoking is a burden on society. it costs soooo much for someone to be hospitalised because of lung cancer its not even funny, and before you get in a tanty - YES SMOKING GIVES YOU CANCER, and YES I KNOW THAT CIGGERETTES ARE HEAVLY TAXED BUT - the medical costs still greatly outway the 70%tax on cigggerettes.

as for the "green stuff" sure i can imagine that most people around here would be under20. and sure its part of growing up. but really, its immautre and for the weak and patetic. my flatmate has just started again, and theres nothing worse than waking up with a mess of food everywhere from the munchies, and smelly burnt sprite bottles used as a makeshift bong. i mean grow up. or at least have some class and get a pipe to keep it disgreet, and have some consideration for the non-losers. but yeah go, go pay the gangs wages then complain why you are intimidated by them.

yeah basically, have some class. dont smoke. anything. when youve got a drug record and cant get a visa then whos fault will it be?

I have a strong belief about smoking. It nearly killed my father, and he wasn't a huge smoker.. and i have his genetic weakness too so if i smoke it will ultimately end up like him.

Smoking weed.. there is a time for it and that is when it's medical to basically mellow you out. It's something that you really shouldn't do as you never quite know how it will grab you or what you are like when under the influence. It's a bit different to alcohol's effect.

Smoking is a vile habit. I was in intensive care twice when I was a child as my dad's smoking severely aggrevated my asthma. The link was only made the second time. Dad quit instantly after the second time. My chest is still bad though and I reckon the amount of exposure I had to smoke when I was a kid has played a big part in it being worse.

I don't see what the appeal of smoking is, but it must have some appeal as plenty of people do it. It's people's choice but it's a strange one in my view.

I quitted smoking 5 years ago, it was not easy but I am happy to not be addicted to nicotine any more, it's like getting out of jail after having spent many years inside.

Occasionally I have a Cognac and smoke a Cuban cigar at the end of a very good diner with my friends. I enjoy it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 14 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 14 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smoking is pathetic and anyone who does so is a selfish prick given the carcinogenic elements and the proven risks of passive smoking.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

- Passive smoking is a lie.
- The Earth is flat.
- Dinosaurs are a conspiracy.
- Evolution is rubbish.
- Scientology makes total sense.
- Sceances are 100% real.

I could continue, but this is just a fraction of the things people are willing to believe if they are in denial.

How anyone could possibly believe that inhaling someone else's smoke is any better than smoking directly is beyond me. It's the same stuff. It doesn't magically lose its potency once it hits the air and drifts towards someone else.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Nov 14 2008, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 14 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 14 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

- Passive smoking is a lie.
- The Earth is flat.
- Dinosaurs are a conspiracy.
- Evolution is rubbish.
- Scientology makes total sense.
- Sceances are 100% real.

I could continue, but this is just a fraction of the things people are willing to believe if they are in denial.

How anyone could possibly believe that inhaling someone else's smoke is any better than smoking directly is beyond me. It's the same stuff. It doesn't magically lose its potency once it hits the air and drifts towards someone else.
[/b][/quote]

Someone else's smoke should contain less nicotine and less of all these shitty substances otherwise the big lie is that some of that stuff remains in lungs and reaches the blood.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambãd5 @ Nov 14 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the medical costs still greatly outway the 70%tax on cigggerettes.[/b]

Bullshit. The Government last year raised £20billion in revenue from tax on cigarettes and only has a budget of £7billion on the NHS.

So, next please.