• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013-14 IRB 7's] Port Elizabeth

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
The 7's sides jump right back into action in the third round of the circuit from South Africa. Will NZ recover from their shock massive defeat to Fji? Will Fiji be up and down like a yo-yo again? Will the home side take the ***le? Many questions loom heading into this round. Pool A looking like the pool of death!!!

Here are the pools

Pool A

Fiji
Scotland
Australia
France

Pool B

South Africa
Kenya
Canada
Spain

Pool C

New Zealand
Wales
Portugal
United States

Pool D

England
Argentina
Samoa
Zimbabwe

Wow, how good were Fiji over the weekend! I am glad I made the time to watch some of the games with the tests out of the way. They shamed two powerhouses of the game in the play-offs. Totally shamed us both. The score line in the final flatters us (SA) if anything.

It will be interesting to see if they can build on those performances. I'm considering taking Friday off and driving through to PE for the festivities if a friend or two can arrange some time off.

Wow, how good were Fiji over the weekend! I am glad I made the time to watch some of the games with the tests out of the way. They shamed two powerhouses of the game in the play-offs. Totally shamed us both. The score line in the final flatters us (SA) if anything.

It will be interesting to see if they can build on those performances. I'm considering taking Friday off and driving through to PE for the festivities if a friend or two can arrange some time off.

I always miss this with a week!! I only go on leave next week!! Urgh!!

The Scoreline flattered us indeed in the final. In fact, when they were 19-0 up, I turned off the tv and took my Fiancee out to go watch Hunger Games at the movie (which I thoroughly enjoyed).

That said, I think Niel Powell is the right guy to have taken over from Paul Treu. There were already signs of minor changes within our team, and our squad can only become better. My only worry is that our guys seem to get injured a lot! Kyle Brown, Stephan Dippenaar and Even Frankie Horne has recently the tendency to be a bit injury prone...

So either they are being overtrained, or there's something wrong with the manner in which they tackle or step.

Absolutely abysmal stuff from Canada today, we've always struggled in this leg but this was one of our worst days on the circuit in years. We looked flat, missed tackles everywhere, penalties out of the woodwork. I hope the guys get a good night's rest or something as Wales should kick the snot out of us tommorow at this rate.

Super try from Isles though for USA...........come on over my man to the Top 14!!

At long last SA got the silverware for our home tournament, well done chaps

Very rough tournament for Canada, fatigue, injuries and simply poor play. We were very lucky we got to face the non core team Zimbabwe or I think we would have gone winless and maybe finished last. Smply not good enough now time to rebuild for the "home" leg of the series.

Latest posts