• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Premiership] Round 5

For Bath, I thought both Eastmond and JJ were poor.
Eastmond looked to offload as soon as he got near a defender, too early for it properly suck in defenders and regardless of whether it was the right option (simply shipping the tackle onto someone else in most cases, rather than gaining metres), whereas Joseph refused to pass the ball and tried to do everything himself.
Worrying from an England point of view.

Massively proud of our side though - commitment and workrate was brilliant. We don't have the best props in the league by a long shot, yet won our fair share of penalties vs two of the best props around.
Backrow could be considered very light weight, but the whole pack works that hard that it really doesn't matter. Seymour and Braid were immense, yet again - we're incredibly blessed to have two world class opensides turning out for us. Easter had a great game too.

I think Kyle is keen to show off his passing game (which is fantastic btw) but he really needs quick ball for that to be effective.
They didn't really get that very often. Also bear in mind that he is used to having Banahan outside him, so he is used to giving it to his 13 if nothing is on.

For Bath, I thought both Eastmond and JJ were poor.
Eastmond looked to offload as soon as he got near a defender, too early for it properly suck in defenders and regardless of whether it was the right option (simply shipping the tackle onto someone else in most cases, rather than gaining metres), whereas Joseph refused to pass the ball and tried to do everything himself.
Worrying from an England point of view.
I'm not too worried. Joseph wasn't the form 13 before this match, and Twelvetrees was/is pretty comfortable in the 12 shirt.

With Tuilagi out, I'd say Twelvetrees and Trinder should be starting for England...

Massively proud of our side though - commitment and workrate was brilliant. We don't have the best props in the league by a long shot, yet won our fair share of penalties vs two of the best props around.
Backrow could be considered very light weight, but the whole pack works that hard that it really doesn't matter. Seymour and Braid were immense, yet again - we're incredibly blessed to have two world class opensides turning out for us. Easter had a great game too.
I prefer Braid to Seymour, but both are fantastic. IMO, Braid is currently second in the league to Burger and Seymour would at least start for every team in the league. Some mighty fine flankers Sale have.

Bath would have probably had more success at the breakdown with Attwood and Flouw around, mind.

Last edited:
And Cipriani is having a stormer. Will need many more games to get back in England contention, but it's nice to see him running like he used to.

Good to hear that....think he has done some silly things but also been chastised be the media for it perhaps a bit more than he deserved. Would not like to see him go the way of Hensen as he has equal talent.

Trinder isn't in the EPS, though.
How far off fitness is Daly? Trinder could be called up to replace him, and then be promoted to the EPS to replace Manu...

We were definitely lucky to face Bath when we did - missing all of Flouw, Attwood, Webber, Day (and partly Fearns) really takes a lot of punch out of the pack, and also weakens the engine behind James and Wilson.

Good to hear that....think he has done some silly things but also been chastised be the media for it perhaps a bit more than he deserved. Would not like to see him go the way of Hensen as he has equal talent.

You mean be a double Grand Slam winner and starting Test Lion?

I think Cipriani could retire happy if he recovered enough to achieve that.

I have to say, I'm starting to feel optimistic about Cipriani again.

Despite often playing second-string in a team that was struggling, he managed not to let himself get frustrated by a lack of the attention that was once given to him. I know that a lot of 15 minutes of fame celebrities often act outrageous to keep the public eye (Beiber springs to mind), and when you suddenly fall off the radar of the media, it might be tempting to reignite those flames, especially when your rugby career seems to be struggling. But it looks like he's really knuckled down and worked on his rugby game above all else. He showed a lot of his natural talent today and Diamond would be a fool not to keep him at 10 for the next Premiership game. Who knows? He'll be 26 soon, so still has many years left in him...

That said, Ford also had more-than-decent game today, even when others in his backline struggled. (Except for Rokoduguni... Fijian wingers, man. Wait... he doesn't have a cap for Fiji yet. How long has he been in England? ;)) England are suddenly looking to be in a pretty happy place for 10s.

Henson didn't do much for Sale. :p

Oh boy, here we go.

1. Disrespect for opposition. Fat lady? Goode 10, Wyles 12 (would they be doing this against Tigers, Bath, or even Exeter)? Henson scores, Bath fans get refunded?

2. Disregard for the salary cap.

3. Disregard for their own fans.

4. Cheerleaders. Don't wanna be the most homosexual guy on the board/planet, but sod cheerleaders. Pies and beer are good enough for half-time entertainment.

5. They aren't a club, they're a franchise.

6. For many years, the most boring team in the Premiership. They're showing a little more ambition these days, but this is only because their pack is monstrous.

7. Stand up for the Saracens? I will not.

8. Most England players who shouldn't have been England players have come from Saracens in recent times. Botha. Borthwick. Strettle. Goode. Ashton (Saracens form). Barritt. Stevens. Even Farrell. I like the Vunipolas, they can stay.

9. Farrell snr. I hate the Sarries link he brings to the England set-up. I whooped when it was announced he wouldn't stay with the England set-up last year, and subsequently cried when he announced he would be joining after all, and yet again when he was announced as part of the Lions. I can't help but think he's too partial to the Sarries players and that link is holding England back. I can't help but think that his tactical involvement with England is also holding us back. Even as a defence coach, I can't help but think that he's only alright. He operates a pretty typical blitz. Nothing suggest he's innovative. The back line has been a mess for England, and I can't help but find him mostly responsible.

Last edited:
You mean be a double Grand Slam winner and starting Test Lion?

I think Cipriani could retire happy if he recovered enough to achieve that.

i think ink he was referring to bad press and just generally being a prat . Rugby skills in both cannot be ignored it's the extra baggage that comes with them that's the problem

Rokoduguni is British Army - pretty sure he's EQP.
That is great news.

I know he played well today, but I didn't realise that he made 4 clean breaks and beat 10 defenders!?

He now has 7 clean breaks and 28 defenders beaten in 5 rounds. 6 clean breaks and 18 defenders beaten in the last 2.

And that finish he made today was sublime. Few would be able to match that strength and step.

Early days and everything, but Bath have picked out a gem of a player.

Oh boy, here we go.

1. Disrespect for opposition. Fat lady? Goode 10, Wyles 12 (would they be doing this against Tigers, Bath, or even Exeter)? Henson scores, Bath fans get refunded?

2. Disregard for the salary cap.

3. Disregard for their own fans.

4. Cheerleaders. Don't wanna be the most homosexual guy on the board/planet, but sod cheerleaders. Pies and beer are good enough for half-time entertainment.

5. They aren't a club, they're a franchise.

6. For many years, the most boring team in the Premiership. They're showing a little more ambition these days, but this is only because their pack is monstrous.

7. Stand up for the Saracens? I will not.

8. Most England players who shouldn't have been England players have come from Saracens in recent times. Botha. Borthwick. Strettle. Goode. Ashton (Saracens form). Barritt. Stevens. Even Farrell. I like the Vunipolas, they can stay.

9. Farrell snr. I hate the Sarries link he brings to the England set-up. I whooped when it was announced he wouldn't stay with the England set-up last year, and subsequently cried when he announced he would be joining after all, and yet again when he was announced as part of the Lions. I can't help but think he's too partial to the Sarries players and that link is holding England back. I can't help but think that his tactical involvement with England is also holding us back. Even as a defence coach, I can't help but think that he's only alright. He operates a pretty typical blitz. Nothing suggest he's innovative. The back line has been a mess for England, and I can't help but find him mostly responsible.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

Actually don't, this is a family show.

i think ink he was referring to bad press and just generally being a prat . Rugby skills in both cannot be ignored it's the extra baggage that comes with them that's the problem

Correct and thanks!

Correct and thanks!

Cipriani already has his fair share of off the pitch incidents. Pairing him up with JOC and co at the Rebels turned out not to be the smartest move. Although I would argue in both is and Henson's cases both their off field stuff has been overblown in terms of seriousness. He still has a mountain to climb to match Henson's achievements on the pitch though, in the thread on him pretty much all fans thought he was already done at international level and will likely at best become a Premiership starting 10 for a lower tab;e side, which is a rank underachievement for his talent.

Last edited:
Just watch the Bath/Sale game - not happy with the outcome, but was glad to see Biggs start...and play...and sweep his purty hair back from his eyes...

*sigh*

:)

(Hey...it might be a brutal sport, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some of the finer aspects of the game.)

das

Just watch the Bath/Sale game - not happy with the outcome, but was glad to see Biggs start...and play...and sweep his purty hair back from his eyes...

*sigh*

:)

(Hey...it might be a brutal sport, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some of the finer aspects of the game.)

das

If I had my way he'd be strapped down and have that shaved off to a proper rugby players haircut

If I had my way he'd be strapped down and have that shaved off to a proper rugby players haircut

Wot? Like this?:

adam-jones_zps3b30afc9.jpg

;)

das

When forwards have long hair:

a825c7fda0960f66716858eccb317c47-d4kzegh.jpg

When backs have long hair:

black_brides.jpg

Latest posts