• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 16

Dragons are awful. But Ulster very slick. Bowe picking superb lines. Payne playing nicely. Cave is playing well. Piennar is just unbelievable

Hey, we're not going to whitewash you!

Other reason I prefer no sinbinning - Ulster seem utterly incompetent at exploiting this.
That is an improvement on past seasons... Not sure about lyns vision... Can we get some props that don't get free bus fare in Wales? Happy with other recruitment: Screech, Hill, Rees. Would have really liked Sam Lewis and to keep Parry, guess we are persisting with TRT and Gus until Dee matures. Brew could be a good option based off his form when he left, Byrne could be a mentor for Amos and Prydie. Decent back three potential.

Hope to see more like that from Scholes. Player I rate really highly coming off u20 level.

Would be disappointed not to see at least another 15-20 points put on them this half against a tiring Dragons side.. really need to keep it up and not drop off.

Edit: Feel bad for Scholes there was very unlucky not to score! Good tap tackle though

10 minutes later he goes off with a twinge, I'm blaming you.

He also made a surging run to set up a try. Do I get the "blame" for that? :D

(I made that comment after the dummy and run down the wing before passing to Payne.)

He also made a surging run to set up a try. Do I get the "blame" for that? :D

(I made that comment after the dummy and run down the wing before passing to Payne.)

No, but you do get the blame for the tap tackle.

Looks like a try to me. Ulster lost the shape. Yeah, try. Can we just take off everyone important tbh?

Ulster didn't kick off from the first half. I was looking forward to some more entertaining tries.

edit. Payne finished playing at 10

Last edited:
The Ulster/Dragons game wasn't much of a contest so it's hard to gauge performances. A few things that stood out were Tommy Bowe's willingness to get involved, Darren Cave's creativity and if Jared Payne had more pace he'd be world class.

I saw a comment on twitter that only seven of Edinburgh's starting fifteen against Ospreys are Scottish. Some will use that as a stick to beat the home team with. While it's obviously not ideal, they finished 11th and 10th in the last two seasons. With their transformation into Edinbokke, they're currently 8th and only one win from a top half finish. Alan Solomons is taking a quick fix approach to solving the mess left behind by his predecessor and he's making a decent fist of it.

Is it time to give Cave a crack at the 12 or 13 shirt against Italy?

For sure. He's been the form natural 13 for a good while now. I doubt he will be given a shot though. I'd say he must get pretty frustrated. His game is so underrated and people rarely understand what makes him good.

I'm a big Cave fan but given how well the Dragons played you can't make a case for international duty based on that really, not unless they've already established international class.

If he has that big an impact against Saracens, then the case will be stronger.

I'm a big Cave fan but given how well the Dragons played you can't make a case for international duty based on that really, not unless they've already established international class.

If he has that big an impact against Saracens, then the case will be stronger.

But anyone, like myself, who rates Cave doesn't base it on a game like last night. He has been a solid player for years and is a fine 13 with nice offloading game and can easily slot in at 12 or 13

Cave will get a chance in Argentina

Am a bit behind the coverage but Horgan giving some intelligent insight letting most viewers know about Jordan Williams when a lot of them wouldn't have heard of him. Quinny not wanting to be outdone starts saying some are calling him the next North. Williams is listed as 81kg.:lol:

The look on Horgan's face.

****!!!

Fitzgerald has been pulled from tonights game. Looks like he definitely won't be in the squad. The guy just cannot catch a break. Also a sucker blow for Hudon. SCM comes in on th left ahead of him.

Course not MM, just that the argument on whether he should/will get a shot hasn't shifted.

And I expect Henshaw to get the games in Argentina.

Well that's fair Peat.

On Munster game last night. We lost and probably deserved loss. The biggest issue was though how bad Dudley and his officials were. Scarlets got a try that was not a try despite going to TMO. We'd a try disallowed for a knock on that was not conclusive. At 1 stage Coughlan had high tackle. Then TJ came in and said Botha elbowed their guy in head. Upon going to TMO it showed Botha and Scarlets guy ran in to each other. And that their number 4 was penalized harshly for coming in on Coughlan. It was game we could've won despite playing poorly but more so officials were awful for both teams. I highlighted some of issues but a lot more for both teams

Latest posts