• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 21

Turned back on... can't help myself... ref's consistent at least, and technically correct, but its absolute madness and they need to consider the fact than fans pay money to watch this, cos its a shambolic spectacle.

And another! Incredible. What the hell is this?

Well this is completely mental. Feel for Ruddock got pushed by Kirchener.

Well this is completely mental. Feel for Ruddock got pushed by Kirchener.

Yeah, it looked like there was a bump before the Leinster guys arrived.

Anyway, I'd imagine we'll see a try relatively soon. So much space.

Decent left boot on Cronin, hurry up and move him to 13 MO'C!

Luke Marshall should be shot for that. When there's that much space, you don't barge up the middle. Twit.

Luke Marshall should be shot for that. When there's that much space, you don't barge up the middle. Twit.

Luke Marshall doesn't call the moves, he follows the calls. Blame whoever made that call if you will - but it was a reasonably all, shoulda sucked in two men and released a massive overlap.

Instead Gordon D'Arcy is allowed to get right in the way on the ground and we're turned over - shoulda been a pen.

Yes, D'Arcy can lie anywhere it would seem and obstruction is fair game. Superb ref. Never seen better.

Bowe should have been pinged at least for this. Ludicrous.

Luke Marshall doesn't call the moves, he follows the calls. Blame whoever made that call if you will - but it was a reasonably all, shoulda sucked in two men and released a massive overlap.

Instead Gordon D'Arcy is allowed to get right in the way on the ground and we're turned over - shoulda been a pen.

Well, whoever call it, it was a poor call imo. 14 v 13 there will be space. Just go through the hands and be patient.

How do we think the officials are doing at this point? Pearson probably hasn't had this many tough calls to make all season.

Well, whoever call it, it was a poor call imo. 14 v 13 there will be space. Just go through the hands and be patient.

How do we think the officials are doing at this point? Pearson probably hasn't had this many tough calls to make all season.

Pearce not Pearson.

The cards - you could argue are all by the book and are consistent, although he then missed one on Bowe taking the supporter out, and I saw an Ulster jackal taken out with his legs high in the air if we're getting pernickety - and if we're being pernickety, the Ulster studio are putting out a case for a red card for Kearney and a penalty try. Oh and it should have been Kirchner and not Ruddock.

The issue lies in the laws as much as the ref.

There's been at least two bad calls in open play against Ulster for my money. I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys have some complaints.

In short, the reffing is ruining the game, and the debate needs to be about the laws as much as the ref.

Apparently there's a game as well. Paddy Jackson's kicking has probably become the worst I've seen it.

I'm... I'm pretty angry tbh.

edit: It was still probably worth it just to see Henderson literally run over Mick McCarthy. That doesn't happen very often. Couple of nice turnovers too. The Manchild's growing up.

Pearce not Pearson.

The cards - you could argue are all by the book and are consistent, although he then missed one on Bowe taking the supporter out, and I saw an Ulster jackal taken out with his legs high in the air if we're getting pernickety - and if we're being pernickety, the Ulster studio are putting out a case for a red card for Kearney and a penalty try. Oh and it should have been Kirchner and not Ruddock.

The issue lies in the laws as much as the ref.

There's been at least two bad calls in open play against Ulster for my money. I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys have some complaints.

In short, the reffing is ruining the game, and the debate needs to be about the laws as much as the ref.

Apparently there's a game as well. Paddy Jackson's kicking has probably become the worst I've seen it.

I'm... I'm pretty angry tbh.

edit: It was still probably worth it just to see Henderson literally run over Mick McCarthy. That doesn't happen very often. Couple of nice turnovers too. The Manchild's growing up.

Yeah, copped that after I typed.

Personally I think the blame lies with the players on this one. The game is fragmented because they're consistently breaking the rules. The officials have missed a few decisions yes, and I'm sure all three cards will appear more orangey than red or yellow to opposing sets of supporters, but at the end of the day the responsibility should rest on the players. The rules would be fine if both sides weren't doing so many daft things that the officials can't catch them all, and must also punish them a lot when they do.

I thought hes done very well. Got all the decisions correct.

Yeah, copped that after I typed.

Personally I think the blame lies with the players on this one. The game is fragmented because they're consistently breaking the rules. The officials have missed a few decisions yes, and I'm sure all three cards will appear more orangey than red or yellow to opposing sets of supporters, but at the end of the day the responsibility should rest on the players. The rules would be fine if both sides weren't doing so many daft things that the officials can't catch them all, and must also punish them a lot when they do.

He hasn't. Kearney definitely did not receive the full sanction he could have faced. If you want reffing as a draconian means of ensuring that players don't infringe and endanger others, he's failed. If you want reffing as a means of ensuring a fair and good game of rugby, he's failed.

And, if you want the draconian method, what you have is a lottery of refereeing opinion, not a game of rugby.

He hasn't. Kearney definitely did not receive the full sanction he could have faced. If you want reffing as a draconian means of ensuring that players don't infringe and endanger others, he's failed. If you want reffing as a means of ensuring a fair and good game of rugby, he's failed.

And, if you want the draconian method, what you have is a lottery of refereeing opinion, not a game of rugby.

He's given 4 cards and it didn't get better after he dished out an early red. Nothing more he could have done to set the tone. Blame should lie on the players for how the game has been played. It's not the ref's responsibility to make sure the game is good. Ulster gave away 5 penalties in the first 10 minutes of the second half. Is that the ref's fault? Absolutely not.

What a strange try.

Well that's the easiest try ever. Jennings has been one of the good ones tonight.

Latest posts