• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 5

Payne better at outside centre? I don't follow Ulster too much so as just remember seeing him at fullback.
He doesn't necessarily have to have desires for caps to extend a contract. Could be he enjoys the club. Paul ***o was that way for Cardiff Blues.

I think he's better at full-back - he hasn't played much at outside-centre for Ulster so far - but there's not a lot of other contenders to replace O'Driscoll, while Ireland are sorta ok for full-backs.

Either way, on current form, he'll walk into the Ireland team if he so chooses.

Payne better at outside centre? I don't follow Ulster too much so as just remember seeing him at fullback.
He doesn't necessarily have to have desires for caps to extend a contract. Could be he enjoys the club. Paul ***o was that way for Cardiff Blues.

Payne is the Ulster project player as far as I'm aware to me that's a signal of intent.

Well, Diack was as well, wasn't he?

No problem Cmac, because you follow me on twitter you are forgiven.

Well, Diack was as well, wasn't he?

No problem Cmac, because you follow me on twitter you are forgiven.

Yeah and I think he was selected for a training squad just not good enough to be capped.

Centre is where we need Payne if he wants to play. He isn't walking into that Fullback position if Kearney hits form whereas centre is somewhere we lack depth and Paynes ability to slice a moths ****a open is exactly what our backline needs. Cmac you are such a baby *****. Never apologise on the internet.

Payne is a classy player and looks very comfortable at both 13 and 15, I'd be happy if he chose to play for Ireland as it would add a little depth to 13 and 15. Payne may well be BOD's successor so him and Marshal playing together in the center works out quite well for Ireland.

Based on that Munster team I'm pretty confident. We have the edge on them in the front row, the back row, the half backs, centres and quite likely the back three. While we're not in full gear yet I think we should be travelling with quiet confidence.

We need to improve our work at the breakdown. We've been comprehensively out rucked twice now this season, so it's got to stop. Also I want to see some serious improvement in defense. Tighten up those two aspects of the game and we should come away with a narrow win.

Leinster team named. No BOD!

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Lote Tuqiri
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Dave Kearney
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan
1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Mike McCarthy
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Martin Moore
19: Rhys Ruddock
20: Dominic Ryan
21: Isaac Boss
22: Jimmy Gopperth
23: Luke Fitzgerald

REFEREE: Romain Poite (FFR), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Stuart Gaffikin, Michael Black (both IRFU), TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Good to have Fitzy back, any news on what the story with BO'D? Interesting that Tuqiri is at centre and McFadden's at 14, presume because of a mix of Tuqiri's injury and losing some of his pace.

Good to have Fitzy back, any news on what the story with BO'D? Interesting that Tuqiri is at centre and McFadden's at 14, presume because of a mix of Tuqiri's injury and losing some of his pace.

PlanetRugby says BOD picked up a mild calf strain in training this week.

Is there any valid reason why Sheridan isn't starting over Williams?

PlanetRugby says BOD picked up a mild calf strain in training this week.

Thanks.

So no Payne anyway, Cave into the lineup.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd Gilroy's off after 13 minutes hopefully not too serious.

Last edited:
Well, that was one of the most boring halfs of rugby I've been witness to in some time. Nothing really doing for either side and jiffy's indignation at that final penalty is a great deal more eloquent than my own.

I wouldn't say it was a boring game. Its just the defences are bossing it at the moment. Even so, I think its been quite an open game considering the weather.

That last penalty was a bit of a joke. Although the tmo sees elbow connect to head (albeit accidently) is there a pressure to reverse it?

The defence has been very good, the skill levels rather poor.

OI, any refs - surely a penalty offence supersedes a knock-on advantage?

Latest posts