• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 5

That's rare, Halfpenny getting some criticism. He's become a bit of an overrated player these last few months.
I think most will admit he isn't much of at outright attacking fullback.
he does like to attack on the counter down he touchlines, such as Samoa RWC and Lions test 3. I think he is still developing as a fullback, but his biggest asset besides kicking from tee is excellent positioning to received deep kicks. I'd like him to join the line a bit more, and use his pace that we know he has.

Biggar got two or three MotM awards at the start of the season, not just due to kicking. But it helped.
Now there is no doubt Halfpenny is a huge part of our side, especially when you consider how much he really means to Wales. The next option is Williams or Fussell, while Biggar is our only reliable kicker apart from Leigh. His boot is what I can imagine Neil Jenkins was like for us in the 90s. It is tough to pinpoint Adam Jones, as well as he isn't as noticeable in the loose as others. I don't subscribe to the lazy image some have of him though.

Leigh does work the touchlines a bit. He is tough to put down, I remember the Samoas having trouble tackling him in 2011 as well as Lawes flying off in 2012.

It is not noticeable to the casual viewer, as you noted. Now amongst those that watch rugby week in and out, Adam Jones is consistently marked as one of he most vital cogs in any team. Take the lions, the scrum was useless once Adam came off.

It is basically, Adam plays, I feel good, adam is out... Oh well. Craig Mitchell is seemingly the best candidate for backup, but always injured at the wrong times. Adam says Samson is the future, so I hope he gets a shot soon.

Latest posts