• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 Pro12] Round 2

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Draw away at the league winners. Fair enough.

Still, Ospreys should have had that one, Sam Lewis might need a smack over the head.

29-29 it is in the end. Cracking game in the second half.

Disappointed that we didn't see it out in truth. I feel that our breakdown work for the middle part of the game wasn't up to scratch. When you play the Ospreys you have to commit numbers and secure the ball, otherwise you're looking at scrappy possession at best. We certainly dropped off in that period, responsibility must lie on the older heads for that.

Good performances from Murphy, McGrath and Macken. Boss was good when he came on too, although he may have gotten a bit lucky with a kick or two.

Passive defence for a 10 minute spell caught Leinster in the end. Thought McGrath and Murphy were the pick of the team.

What was Cronin binned for? Couldn't see as I was down the other end. Despite this everyone in the section I was in clearly had a brilliant view and booed the referee roundly. I hate saying this but the crowd in the RDS is pretty stupid.

Passive defence for a 10 minute spell caught Leinster in the end. Thought McGrath and Murphy were the pick of the team.

What was Cronin binned for? Couldn't see as I was down the other end. Despite this everyone in the section I was in clearly had a brilliant view and booed the referee roundly. I hate saying this but the crowd in the RDS is pretty stupid.

Final warning scrum before in fairness I couldn't see why he gave the penlty against him.

Couldn't find a decent stream of the Leinster v Ospreys game, so watched the Scarlets v Treviso game instead. Scarlets were better this weeks with a strong set piece game from the forwards, especially in the scrum. Looks like the new scrum laws are suiting the Scarlets props very well. Still wholly unimpressed with the Scarlets backrow balance though. They really need to start playing a genuine openside to complement the style of game they want to play. As Barclay is currently injured, I can't understand why Dan Thomas still isn't being given an opportunity.

Still too many mistakes in their play in general though. Good to see they have a goal kicker in Shingler though, that should help them win some of the closer games. Really wanted to see more of Jordan Williams, but he never really got the ball in space.

Sounds like the Leinster v O's game was a cracker. What did Sam Lewis do Draggs?

Ulster threw away two certain tries. Genuinely awful result and what a bleak start to the season.

In retrospect...

Before the game I thought we'd lose. The performance was a lot better than I expected with several bright points. It's not a great way to start the season, but looks like there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Lewis gave away the penalty allowing Leinster to take the lead.
Came in from a terrible position and tried to play the ball IIRC.

Bradley Davies has been cited over an alleged illegal shoulder charge

Lewis gave away the penalty allowing Leinster to take the lead.
Came in from a terrible position and tried to play the ball IIRC.

The really annoying thing was Hibbard was in a good position and would've turned the ball over if Lewis hadn't given away the penalty. I thought he played well again, generally, he's a very solid replacement for Tipuric. Biggar had an excellent game and Eli looked sharp as anything when he got the ball. Adam Jones also further confirmed his status as an untouchable god of the game. McGrath was generally very impressive for Leinster, and deserved his MotM award, but the moment Adam came on? Phwoar. Take that. There shall be no pretenders within a twenty mile radius of this throne, and Adam's more than happy to shove them outside that vicinity himself.