• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Argentina vs. New Zealand in La Plata (28/09/2013)

What I think about Gonzalo Camacho and Juan Imhoff:

For a top team like ABs or Boks, Imhoff is better than Camacho because he's faster and better defines. But for a lesser team like Scotland or Argentina, I prefer Camacho always, because he has better defense and he's stronger to stop mauls and can win rucks.

Cheers

Last edited:
yes, I'm aware the Irish and Welsh media love him for RaboPro-ing it with the Ospreys and Ulster but the product on the pitch at the highest level doesn't match up to that enthusiasm they show imo. He's a good winger, but not the world class player as some would have us believe, and not all that close either really (not saying Camacho is world class either).

Strike-rates are a very limited means of comparing the quality of test wingers since they don't all get the same opportunities to score, for example an Italian winger is going to be up against it. Even of themselves strike-rates are limited, if we look at Chris Ashton, he was killing it in terms of scoring tries under Johnson but under Lancaster the serious flaws in his game have been exposed. He barely looked club standard in the 6N this year.

We clearly look for different things in a winger. You like Imhoff and iirc Amorosino but while they show a touch of attacking genius now and again those guys are equally capable of letting the team down.

Nah, people rate Bowe through what he has achieved at a much higher level than RaboPro12, such as Heineken Cup, Lions tours, 6 Nations and other internationals. Of which he has achieved more than Camacho who wasn't even his own countries winger of choice until about aged 26 or 27, being kept out the side by the likes of Lucas Borges and Aramburu.

As for strike rates, other factors need to be considered, but it does a bit. For instance Tim Visser has scored as many tries as Camacho has in his entire career in half as many matches with a lower ranked side. That strongly suggests the former knows more about support lines and finishing, and it was pretty obvious already without the stats. It's okay if a wing is contributing in other ways, but you can't have a totally one dimensional backline full of Camacho's or it will result in the dire attacking situation that the Pumas find themselves in.

What I think about Gonzalo Camacho and Juan Imhoff:

For a top team like ABs or Boks, Imhoff is better than Camacho because he's faster and better defines. But for a lesser team like Scotland or Argentina, I prefer Camacho always, because he has better defense and he's stronger to stop mauls and can win rucks.

Cheers

You choose a 5'8" winger based on mauling and rucking ability? That's equivalent to selecting a lock based on his ability to counter attack from deep. Barmy. No offense, but you're beginning to challenge yoe91 as possibly the dumbest regular here. Stop sullying the "Conrad Smith" moniker.

gotta go to bed like a little bitsch tonight, traveling back to Qatar tomorrow.....fkn annoying, really wanted to watch this BADLY.
Hope I'll wake up and read Argentina came within a penalty of taking this, or even better who knows...

Vamos Argentina.

Vamostina Argen.

gotta go to bed like a little bitsch tonight, traveling back to Qatar tomorrow.....fkn annoying, really wanted to watch this BADLY.
Hope I'll wake up and read Argentina came within a penalty of taking this, or even better who knows...

Vamos Argentina.

Vamostina Argen.

Were you in France at the moment? Are you working out there in Qatar?

I make reply you message personal. Checking there, you find.
Oh and btw, I'm supposed to be sleeping, you totally reminded me !!

He lives in France but sells sand and rain umbrellas to the Sheiks in Qatar.............................that why he has so much time on here!!!

No Nisbett it isn't coming through loud and clear...it's kind of fuzzy in the commentary and the crowd noise is oddly echoing....get the guys in the truck to fix it....

Last edited:
Great run by Imhoff, too bad he spilt it....I liked the decision to try the droppie...hated the long range penalty attempt.

Bout time...Pumas have been the better side...3-0

If I had a penny every time Santiago Fernandez thinks a great idea to grubber through ...

Edit: And every time Landajo slices a box kick ...

Last edited:
Argentina will miss Contepomi when he's gone. He has his faults, but his passing and running game is so much better than either of the centres starting today. He is in my opinion what Hook could have been, a very useful creative centre but who couldn't control the big games at 10. Unfortunately Hook gave up following Contepomi's path in favour of being an average utility back off the bench.

Rugby Canada stream quality camera work there...heheheh...what a gay tee delivery car!!!

Hi guys, nice start, here we go for the miracle. I think the rain will help us a bit.

God bless Imhoff is in the field.

Argentina will miss Contepomi when he's gone. He has his faults, but his passing and running game is so much better than either of the centres starting today. He is in my opinion what Hook could have been, a very useful creative centre but who couldn't control the big games at 10. Unfortunately Hook gave up following Contepomi's path in favour of being an average utility back off the bench.

The Doc had enough big games at 10 for me to make me happy, but he probably was always a better 12. Truly exceptional in that role.

Oooohhhh awful penalty....Pumas leaving a little too many points on the board....think they've benfitted the most from the new scrum procedure from what we've seen so far.