• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: France vs Ireland (Round 5)

I second that. Talès was definitely more accurate than poor young Plisson (to whom we really didn't do a favor by including him this year...), except towards the end. And Machenaud was just flat-out very good.

About this game for France:
- it should be noted Lapandry is now an absolute prospect for France, even more, in the 7 shirt. He made all 11 tackles, no miss, played ball in hand too (beat 1 defender) and was worthy at the breakdown, no easy task against an Irish team that came for a ***le. He was very good against Scotland too.
- Chouly was surprisingly good: he was making meters with each impact, very good in the lineouts (5/5 won), strong tackler too (11/11) and even made 35meters (not his job).

We have tremendous depth in the third row after all, with guys who can really match test level Rugby; despite our lack of pure mass and power every other good team has there: Sean O'Brien, O'Mahony, the Boks, Welsh backrow, England backrow...

You'll love Ferris when he gets back for Ireland :p

whats he doing in Ulster he should be in Top14 with these stats

Apart from the fact he was born here, plays for Ireland and Ulster are now regularly contesting with the top teams in Europe.. I dunno.

thats Ok. They'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

Doubt it, not all about the money to be honest, just look at how Racing Metro has turned out with Johnny Sexton in particular. There's a lot more substance to the clubs over here than just the 15 guys playing.

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't made offers around from 09-11.

Doubt it, not all about the money to be honest, just look at how Racing Metro has turned out with Johnny Sexton in particular. There's a lot more substance to the clubs over here than just the 15 guys playing.

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't made offers around from 09-11.

no problem. He can sign for a much better club than Racing here.

If he can shift POM he was Ireland's most consistent and stand out player for me

True, but POM can also play 8 if I remember correctly, with Heaslip being 30 now vs a 24 year old O'Mahony. To be honest it will just depend what game plan Schmidt wants to play.

True, but POM can also play 8 if I remember correctly, with Heaslip being 30 now vs a 24 year old O'Mahony. To be honest it will just depend what game plan Schmidt wants to play.

Tom Wood "can" play 8 you don't want him there internationally if you can help it though .....

Ireland must have a better 8 than an out of position flanker

If he plays here he will become even better. He can bash Clermont all he wants. Plenty of substance here with 4 European ***les, he can add to it.

Latest posts