• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Scotland vs France (Round 4)

Its about time that you all got over France 's victories, they won beating England and Scotland, of course it was not pretty to watch but as they say "winning is not important as long as you win," are we going to go on and on about it until the next 6 Nations, i played rugby for 25 yrs, and if you won 3-0 or 60-0 often better with the 3-0 victories, the beer was just as good irespective of the margins of victory. The comments you make are unbelievable, unfair, headless chickens, no game plan etc etc, playing badly and winning is a skill just think if France were to click, probably not this season but think all the same. French flair where are you guys living, this is something that got buried with pro rugby, defence is now the ultimate word in world rugby and turnovers, and to compare a Lagisquet or St Andre player to the same as coach is just sublimely insane, if you are continually going to knock the French, lets open a new thread eg DUMP ON THE FRENCH HERE sort of thing, then we dont have to look at all the threads to find your dismissive comments Rant over now going shopping.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one could wonder how good France could be at full strength and, I'm not even going too far here, a *fairly* good coach. I'm not asking for a mastermind, just a fine coach. Some charisma, some authority, good experience in the sport (at least coaching it), fine tactics and a lot of will.

one could wonder how good France could be at full strength and, I'm not even going too far here, a *fairly* good coach. I'm not asking for a mastermind, just a fine coach. Some charisma, some authority, good experience in the sport (at least coaching it), fine tactics and a lot of will.

its Ok big ewis. We'll just be content with fielding a B side creaking at the seams and win ugly. its not like we haven't done it before! keep the promising younsters away from PSA. They are wasted on the national side. I mean when you look at the team he picked to play Sco, it was shocking selection. Leave the players to their club where they belong.

Its about time that you all got over France 's victories, they won beating England and Scotland, of course it was not pretty to watch but as they say "winning is not important as long as you win," are we going to go on and on about it until the next 6 Nations, i played rugby for 25 yrs, and if you won 3-0 or 60-0 often better with the 3-0 victories, the beer was just as good irespective of the margins of victory. The comments you make are unbelievable, unfair, headless chickens, no game plan etc etc, playing badly and winning is a skill just think if France were to click, probably not this season but think all the same. French flair where are you guys living, this is something that got buried with pro rugby, defence is now the ultimate word in world rugby and turnovers, and to compare a Lagisquet or St Andre player to the same as coach is just sublimely insane, if you are continually going to knock the French, lets open a new thread eg DUMP ON THE FRENCH HERE sort of thing, then we dont have to look at all the threads to find your dismissive comments Rant over now going shopping.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would all be fair enough if you hadn't just come off the back of one of your worst years in memory, the french team under PSA have not developed in anyway. It's like watching England pre-2011 World Cup it's that bad.

You have to have ambtiion to play, you can't use "a win's a win", and those 3-0 wins might have made the beer taste better but thats because they were probably hard fought wins which these performances have been far from - they've been lucky wins off the back of poor performances. Honestly France have got the wins but if you'd played the game again the next day are you certain the results would have been the same?

France will come good, they just need a new coach and a complete changing of the guard.

exactly ,we are just making up numbers, Eng still couldn't beat us though neither could Ita Sco

Its the entire coaching team that needs to be changed, not the players. PSA has the players at his disposal. He asked for an extra week at the start of the championship he got it. There's no shortage of quality here, incl. players that have yet to be picked (Gallan Tolofua who are outstanding with Toulouse among others...) but they're not being managed by a coach who is up to the job.

Never mind. From now on the team will go into automatic mode and coached itself. Thats all they've got. And if the leaders in the team finally emerge, they won't be bothered. At the rate things are going for PSA he will lose the players. Its happened in 1999 2007 2011 and it will happen again, its not like in those years the team wasn't competitive anyway, they won GS, championships, top seeds in RWC incl. 2 finals

we'll finish 2nd or 3rd this year, either way, no big deal

a wooden spoon didn't bring any change whatsoever, don't think this year's result will be different. it is what it is

You have to have ambtiion to play, you can't use "a win's a win", and those 3-0 wins might have made the beer taste better but thats because they were probably hard fought wins which these performances have been far from - they've been lucky wins off the back of poor performances. Honestly France have got the wins but if you'd played the game again the next day are you certain the results would have been the same?

France will come good, they just need a new coach and a complete changing of the guard.

Nobody really believes that man...it's just a bit of positive thinking and wind...

and btw, I really don't want to start this one, but France haven't been "lucky", they've outlasted teams but they haven't been 'lucky' in those wins generally. England are under tremendous pressure on both those Huget tries and are down to their last defender/2 defenders, and are beaten on the plays and deep inside their 22. And they're off plays where France built the attack very well. Huget does get a huge lucky bounce on the second try that goes over both rosbifs' heads, but then Mike Brown scores a try he shouldn't have, big break for England to be fair, and France survives England's constant surge and takes the game away from them with utter clutch and a constructed try over an England team that was spent and could barely jog to try and catch up with Szar and Fickou.

We were dreadful in Scotland, but it wasn't luck there either. Again, Hogg and Scotland win the 'Serendipity' award.
France have been terrible, but it's not luck. It's just somehow they have so much quality individually they outlast and survive teams. Didn't work in Cardiff.

Last edited:
It has been three days now...

Wow ohhh WOW!!!!

Scotland you guys suck. France were so bad it was not even funny. Scotland loss the game, France did nothing to win it other than just showing up.

The Weir pass, was really dumb. You have a 5 on two! Just move it quick through the hands and straighten up your running lines. I am a LOCK and even I could see that. Worst case was the pass did not make it and we retain possession.

Should Weir be dropped? Nope, that was one mistake, but it was not the sole reason we loss. I still think we need Kelly Brown at Blindside with a real openside to get more turnovers. I also blame SJ, having Max on the Bench is stupid. Lamont comes off injured early and we get this joke. The kid use to be good, but he has been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

To think we could have beaten France and gone to Wales after they got smashed by England with actually a chance of beating them.

I can't even point a finger at whole really let us down!!! Max Scott and Dunbar played great and I feel bad for them. Hogg was amazing, maybe did not finish out the game well, but this is a kid who has so much pressure on him.

I would have liked to pull Laidlaw sooner, once France choose not to really work the fringes, having a Scrum Half that wants to Dart could have worked better for us. Like Danny Care (love the guy).

Still ******. Scotland you suck... You suck worse than my High school team that had a Scrum half that played like a Centre and a forward pack that did nothing more than hit rucks and clean up dropped balls... Even we got wins and finished Second in our conference cause we didn't **** around the way you do.

I should have stuck with my Mothers roots and put my passion into Ireland, cause you Scots are the worst.

Rant over and here is to Wales next week. Come on Ireland lets send BOD off with a big win!!!

It has been three days now...

Wow ohhh WOW!!!!

Scotland you guys suck. France were so bad it was not even funny. Scotland loss the game, France did nothing to win it other than just showing up.

The Weir pass, was really dumb. You have a 5 on two! Just move it quick through the hands and straighten up your running lines. I am a LOCK and even I could see that. Worst case was the pass did not make it and we retain possession.

Should Weir be dropped? Nope, that was one mistake, but it was not the sole reason we loss. I still think we need Kelly Brown at Blindside with a real openside to get more turnovers. I also blame SJ, having Max on the Bench is stupid. Lamont comes off injured early and we get this joke. The kid use to be good, but he has been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

To think we could have beaten France and gone to Wales after they got smashed by England with actually a chance of beating them.

I can't even point a finger at whole really let us down!!! Max Scott and Dunbar played great and I feel bad for them. Hogg was amazing, maybe did not finish out the game well, but this is a kid who has so much pressure on him.

I would have liked to pull Laidlaw sooner, once France choose not to really work the fringes, having a Scrum Half that wants to Dart could have worked better for us. Like Danny Care (love the guy).

Still ******. Scotland you suck... You suck worse than my High school team that had a Scrum half that played like a Centre and a forward pack that did nothing more than hit rucks and clean up dropped balls... Even we got wins and finished Second in our conference cause we didn't **** around the way you do.

I should have stuck with my Mothers roots and put my passion into Ireland, cause you Scots are the worst.

Rant over and here is to Wales next week. Come on Ireland lets send BOD off with a big win!!!
some good scottish fan you are then

cause you Scots are the worst.

bit mean isn't it ? im a good guy like i mean come on now, and before you say anything no im not polish. you sir i think are horrible like i would actually love to see canada doing any better i dont even think canada would be close to winning if they played being honest

Sorry boys,

I will still root on Scotland. They are the team that got me into Rugby and grew my passion. But this is a forum, let the kid rant for a bit. That game was ours and it would have been so good to win.

Yes Canada is not on the same level as Scotland, but we have been consistently improving every 2 or so years. It will be interesting to see as this June, Scotland will be playing Canada. I already have my tickets and am very torn of cheering for my Father's homeland or the country I was born and raised in.

The bigger reason I am mad, is because people have been talking Scotland down for a couple of years now and then we have articles about how Scotland should be left out of the 6 Nations. Then we are given a chance to respond with a good win over a weak French team and we miss the boat. Allowing for another year of people bashing us.

Still think Max Evans is garbage and his best asset was that him ( or his bro) slept with Kelly Brook.

Sorry boys,

I will still root on Scotland. They are the team that got me into Rugby and grew my passion. But this is a forum, let the kid rant for a bit. That game was ours and it would have been so good to win.

Yes Canada is not on the same level as Scotland, but we have been consistently improving every 2 or so years. It will be interesting to see as this June, Scotland will be playing Canada. I already have my tickets and am very torn of cheering for my Father's homeland or the country I was born and raised in.

The bigger reason I am mad, is because people have been talking Scotland down for a couple of years now and then we have articles about how Scotland should be left out of the 6 Nations. Then we are given a chance to respond with a good win over a weak French team and we miss the boat. Allowing for another year of people bashing us.

Still think Max Evans is garbage and his best asset was that him ( or his bro) slept with Kelly Brook.
that is understandable but they say is that scotland should be out off the six nations ? what do they say about italy ? umm ..... let me think.......mmmm...... rubbish that they should beaten us and we won by a last minute drop goal by a second choice fly-half where we need to put on Rory Jackson

Latest posts