Club or Nation
Toulon
England.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
New%20Zealand.png

Ref: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Date: November 8th 2014

Last edited:
Ooooooohhhh exciting :) glad we Nigel as the ref even if he made a mistake or 2 last time out ....

yep just noticed now it's in French lol. Didn't get much sleep...don't mean to impose French, but I'm trying to find an already made banner, because seriously, uploading pic by pic each logo and the 'vs' logo for each thread is just a fkng pain...

Not entirely happy about Nigel. He's a fantastic referee in his way, no doubt, but everyone knows his biases are towards getting a good game of running rugby to happen and that will suit New Zealand far more than us.

Not entirely happy about Nigel. He's a fantastic referee in his way, no doubt, but everyone knows his biases are towards getting a good game of running rugby to happen and that will suit New Zealand far more than us.

yeah that, but more importantly he doesn't know how to pronounce the word "use", which is an alarming handicap.

yep just noticed now it's in French lol. Didn't get much sleep...don't mean to impose French, but I'm trying to find an already made banner, because seriously, uploading pic by pic each logo and the 'vs' logo for each thread is just a fkng pain...

You don't have to upload anything, they're all hosted on TRF. Just right click, copy image, then Ctrl+V in the thread.

So likely teams?

England:- Brown, Rokoduguni, Barritt, Eastmond, Yarde, Farrell, Care, Vunipola, Robshaw (captain), Wood, Lawes, Launchbury, Wilson, Hartley, Marler

Subs: Webber, Mullen, Brookes, Attwood, Morgan, Youngs, Ford, Goode (I just know Lancaster is going to pick him:()

NZ:- Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Crotty (assuming SBW is rule out) Savea, Barrett, Aaron Smith, Read, Kaino, McCaw (cap), Whitelock, Rettallick, Owen Franks, Coles, Crockett

Subs: Mealamu, Moody/Ben Franks, Faumauina, Tuipolotu, Cane, Perenara, Carter, Fekitoa/Piutau.

I think Morgan should start ahead of Vunipola.

I like the thought of Vunipola as an impact player to come on ~50 mins in, along with Attwood, to try outmuscle NZ. Morgan is playing very well at the minute, and the extra work around the park, him being better defensively, makes him more suited as a starter compared to Vunipola imo.

Brookes, Attwood and Binny coming off the bench together....ouch!

Hard to know what Lancaster is going to do with the 23 shirt. While Goode is obviously a favourite of his, I think he's slipped down the pecking order quite a bit.
I reckon it could be Nowell, or maybe Joseph. My preference would be Joseph, but then we'd have no 15 cover on the pitch/bench if Brown got injured - Ford would be the closest thing we'd have.

So likely teams?

England:- Brown, Rokoduguni, Barritt, Eastmond, Yarde, Farrell, Care, Vunipola, Robshaw (captain), Wood, Lawes, Launchbury, Wilson, Hartley, Marler

Subs: Webber, Mullen, Brookes, Attwood, Morgan, Youngs, Ford, Goode (I just know Lancaster is going to pick him:()

NZ:- Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Crotty (assuming SBW is rule out) Savea, Barrett, Aaron Smith, Read, Kaino, McCaw (cap), Whitelock, Rettallick, Owen Franks, Coles, Crockett

Subs: Mealamu, Moody/Ben Franks, Faumauina, Tuipolotu, Cane, Perenara, Carter, Fekitoa/Piutau.

Fekitoa instead of crotty or sonny bill.Fly half is a tricky choice. Cruden instead of Barrett. Barrett can sit on the bench with carter. He has been used as reserve full back before and carter can play 10 or 12. Tough choices. No place for messam. I would go for messam instead of cane! Israel Daggs days are numbered Piutau is better than him.

I don't think so.
I don't think we'll win, but I think it'll be relatively close, and be within 10pts.

Agreed . This back line is getting closer to what most of us have been asking for and the starting pack is at least as strong as anyone's in the world

Brookes, Attwood and Binny coming off the bench together....ouch!

Hard to know what Lancaster is going to do with the 23 shirt. While Goode is obviously a favourite of his, I think he's slipped down the pecking order quite a bit.
I reckon it could be Nowell
, or maybe Joseph. My preference would be Joseph, but then we'd have no 15 cover on the pitch/bench if Brown got injured - Ford would be the closest thing we'd have.

I hope Lancaster chooses Nowell over Goode. Have not followed Exeter this season, has Nowell recovered fully from injury?

Fekitoa instead of crotty or sonny bill.Fly half is a tricky choice. Cruden instead of Barrett. Barrett can sit on the bench with carter. He has been used as reserve full back before and carter can play 10 or 12. Tough choices. No place for messam. I would go for messam instead of cane! Israel Daggs days are numbered Piutau is better than him.

it will be interesting who Hansen chooses. Whether he sees Fekitoa as ahead of Crotty at 12, seeing as the latter has more experience at 12. But then Fekitoa does replicate Nonu's bash option to Conrad's subtlety at 13. However, Crotty's distribution at 12 is better.

Yeah, rub in the riches the ABs have at 10 why don't you. Barrett, Cruden, Carter. Damn ,that is a fine trio, if the latter can just avoid yet another injury. I though Cruden was ok v the US; obviously missed a few conversions, but then it really did not matter. Crude or Barrett at 10 to start.

I don't get why AB fans are so hard on Dagg.:unsure: He provides the big boot option from full back,which is vital at international level. Bin is better utilised on the wing, where he scores more tries. Ditto for Piutau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts