• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] England vs South Africa

If there was one change I would make it Ford> Farrell. He needs to play some big games.

England to win and lose by +/- 10 with Schrodingers cat playing in all positions. Quantum rugby!

I've been to the future; I've seen it.

I'm sorry but this post brewed a terrible one I need to crack...sooo how did the English people take it England didn't make it past the semis at the RWC ? Are we talking riots in the streets ?

I'm sorry but this post brewed a terrible one I need to crack...sooo how did the English people take it England didn't make it past the semis at the RWC ? Are we talking riots in the streets ?

Full scale occupation of New Zealand

Far worse, some very angry letters were written and a whole cup of tea was spilled.

Personally, whilst I'm not particularly invested one way or the other, I would very much like to see an extremely physical encounter resulting in numerous injuries to key players that will keep them out for roughly a little over two weeks :D.

Personally, whilst I'm not particularly invested one way or the other, I would very much like to see an extremely physical encounter resulting in numerous injuries to key players that will keep them out for roughly a little over two weeks :D.

Then we will still out scrummage you with our 18th choice front row because your lot scrummage like the under 7s ;)

If England get many more injuries in our forwards we won't be able to put out a scrum.

If England get many more injuries in our forwards we won't be able to put out a scrum.

We still have sinkler and collier as TH after the 3 in the EPS and Waller in LH and that's just off the top of my head although I wouldn't want any of those to play SA but against AUS i think it would be ok

Then we will still out scrummage you with our 18th choice front row because your lot scrummage like the under 7s ;)

Given we're on our 9th choice hooker at the moment, that'd probably be right - but losing in the scrums doesn't matter too much if everything else works alright.

Given we're on our 9th choice hooker at the moment, that'd probably be right - but losing in the scrums doesn't matter too much if everything else works alright.

Yeh I know I'm only joking ;) us against Australia is the one I always look forward to !

I think this is the most intriguing match of the second round. Hard to call, but i still think SA will nick it.

SA by 5

Without going into an in-depth analysis, my gut tells me the Springboks will take it out. And I kinda wouldn't mind that from a Southern Hemisphere perspective. But also, if you get teams continually visiting England and coming away from a win, then other teams will surely start to look and take confidence. England are of course the hosts next year, so I think that's important. If South Africa lose then it begs the question, do they have the mental stamina to win away from Bok land? That would make it 4 loses away from home. Not exactly a great omen going into a world cup where you'll be doing exactly that. To be fair, England have a major injury problem at the moment and that could be what edges this in favor of the Springboks. I'm a bit ignorant about the status of some of the injured players, but if England don't get a few frontline guys back then hmm.

For me, Springboks will surely bounce back. Yeah Walsh ain't great but at least you don't have Nigel Owens nipping at your ankles.

Careful, they are listening!

I expect the line-ups to be announced tomorrow? Will wait for then but I am sure we'll be out to make ammends.

Never anything but a classic this fixture and I'm sure this time round that'll be more true than most times in recent years. All in SA will of course hope we keep the unbeaten streak intact looking at next year. Crucial game for both teams as mentioned.

Last edited:

Latest posts