• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] Japan vs. Samoa 30/05/14

[/B]
what were the line-ups ?

Sorry was a bit busy and didn't get them up, they might be on wikipedia or one of the other sites though Samoa's I recognized as fairly poor. Before the game there had only been three posts on the game thread so I hadn't though there was a lot of interest.

Simple! There are fifteen rugbypositions in rugbyteam, and Toulon have 10 rugbyplayer for each rugbyposition. I mathed them together.

well then, those are some fine calculations indeed with all fondue respect.

EDIT:
highlights for the game:

0:26 :lol: :lol: my reaction to those things, exactly !!

Last edited by a moderator:
watching that Samoan haka again, they lose soooo much credibility, sooooooooo much when they start adding melody to their thingy. It starts to look like a bunch of guys performing a a choreography for some new ringtone for your phone...

and man, I want to be friends with that dude:
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 2.23.35 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that melody was AWFUL!!! It looked like some new social media craze dance, perhaps they can bring in Psy to help their next routine, and maybe to help out their tackling as well, some of those tackles were so poor it reminded me of the Samoa vs. Lions gong show from last year. I'm guessign some of the same players featured in both those games and Samoa's depth probably isn't too strong.

Not sure how much I can read into Japan as a Canadian fan with that poor Samoan lineup. Japan looked to be clinical and running well with ball in hand so Canada could have some challenges next week.

Wow, that's a big result. Matshushima looks to be a very decent player. Also, Gorimaru is a very capable, useful fullback who, as previously stated, deserves more recognition.

Wow, that's a big result. Matshushima looks to be a very decent player. Also, Gorimaru is a very capable, useful fullback who, as previously stated, deserves more recognition.

"Matshushima" is wrong. Matsushima in the Hepburn system and Matusima in the Nipponsiki system.
"Gorimaru" is also wrong. He is Gorômaru. (ô is long o)