• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] Crusaders vs England XV

AB's selectors are nuts not having Ellis in the mix. He's still got it. Infact he's been playing his best rugby the last two years I reckon.

AB's selectors are nuts not having Ellis in the mix. He's still got it. Infact he's been playing his best rugby the last two years I reckon.

Sky commentators saying he is playing to get some game time rather than being kicked out?

Although the score tells a different story, I don't think the crusaders are playing that bad

Iv only been watching since half time and other than Englands Defence and the Crusaders woeful attack theres nothing between them. The Crusaders are straight up one of the worst offensive teams in Super rugby the only way they score is through forward dominance and if they dont get that they loose.

England look far worse with Myler at 10, even with Pennell and May on in the backs.

Iv only been watching since half time and other than Englands Defence and the Crusaders woeful attack theres nothing between them. The Crusaders are straight up one of the worst offensive teams in Super rugby the only way they score is through forward dominance and if they dont get that they loose.

Ah you have it......Cips was only on for 8 minutes of the second half for England!!

Yours,

An over enthusiastic Cips supporter!!

Crusaders really haven't been the side they once were the past few years... They've actually looked pretty good tonight, seemingly having worked out the English pack in the scrums and mauls after some early issues and being somewhat effective when they've had the ball. Meanwhile, England have been good, but somehow feel a little off pace all the same. Their work over the ball has been superb, but their defence has looked a little brittle really, with the Crusaders scoring a fairly easy try in the first half and bombing several try scoring opportunities early in the second half that the All Blacks would certainly have converted.

Nice for Pennell to get a try and finish his season off in the manner it deserves. England's 2nd best fullback behind Brown IMO

Cips won't play this weekend. Or if he does it'll be another five second cameo a la George Ford against France.

he had 15 minutes in the first test didn't he?

Burns is next in line so it's right he plays the bulk of the game, with Cips backing him up.

Burns is next in line so it's right he plays the bulk of the game, with Cips backing him up.

Not a very convinicing argument to me but would not disagree that Burns will be playing.......Cips SHOULD be back up but would not be surprised to see Myler there and Lancaster saying that Cips has done well but "chosen Myler because he was unlucky not to be on the bench in the first test" or some other such nonsense!

England much better at converting their opportunities in the end and reasonably solid, but geez the Crusaders were poor with the ball tonight... just side to side stuff and never held it for long enough for it to do much damage. Brilliant suff from England in the rucks - scored a tonne of possession - but they'll also be a little disappointed I imagine with their mauling, with the Crusaders getting much closer to using their's a weapon for a push over try.

Kvesic was superb, getting to ruck after ruck and slowing the Crusaders' ball down at the breakdown. Got one or two turnovers as well. Well taken try by Anthony Watson; he's got pace and a rugby brain to find the angles and gap. Surely an England regular in the next 2-3 years.

I was interested to see the battle between Sinckler and Moody at tight and loosehead. That could be a future battle in the England v All Black scrum. Moody got pinged once in the scrum for coming in sideways, but all in all both held up quite well.

So, and bear with me here.

The World Cup winning AB's was basically the 'Saders plus 1/2, therefore the Saders are the world champions and we've just beaten the world Champions.

WITH OUR B TEAM!!!!

:D:D:D

***FLAME ON***

So, and bear with me here.

The World Cup winning AB's was basically the 'Saders plus 1/2, therefore the Saders are the world champions and we've just beaten the world Champions.

WITH OUR B TEAM!!!!

:D:D:D

***FLAME ON***

You are so funny that you should go on the stage.....................to brush it!!

Not a very convinicing argument to me but would not disagree that Burns will be playing.......Cips SHOULD be back up but would not be surprised to see Myler there and Lancaster saying that Cips has done well but "chosen Myler because he was unlucky not to be on the bench in the first test" or some other such nonsense!

That would not surprise me in the slightest, Cip's should get at least 15 - 20 minutes in the test game though, He has played fantastic all season and has done well when called upon in this Tour aswell, From what you are hearing within the camp it seems he has his head down focusing on the Rugby, Not the 'Celebrity \ Instagramming' type behaviour

Anyone still not convinced by Kvesic?

6. Moriarty
7. Kvesic
8. Morgan

Has the potential to be the best club back row in England.

He needs the opportunity to do that.

He's played for England 4 times now and been outstanding in every game... not sure what else he can do?

He needs the opportunity to do that.

He's played for England 4 times now and been outstanding in every game... not sure what else he can do?

I didn't see the game but if he isn't better than robshaw in two areas he's not going to ever get in. Lancasters rules.

I've not seen enough of him to really comment but he is really better than robshaw?

Latest posts