17 Nathan Catt (Bath Rugby)
18 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
19 Michael Paterson (Sale Sharks)
20 Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)
21 Stephen Myler (Northampton Saints)
22 Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby)
23 Chris Pennell (Worcester Warriors)

Crusaders:

15 Tom Taylor, 14 Johnny McNicholl, 13 Reynold Lee-Lo, 12 Kieron Fonotia, 11 Nafi Tuitavake, 10 Tyler Bleyendaal, 9 Willi Heinz, 8 Luke Whitelock, 7 George Whitelock (captain), 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Joel Everson, 4 Jimmy Tupou, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Tim Perry.

Replacements: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Siate Tokolahi, 19 Scott Barrett, 20 Matt Todd, 21 Andy Ellis, 22 Adam Whitelock, 23 Rob Thompson.

Ward and Sinkler should be starting, 100%. Pennell should be at 15, though I can kind of understand why he's not, as Lancaster probably wants some more experience in the backline (even though Goode is muck, and Foden and BB have a fair amount of experience). Shame to see Haskell start, as it means he won't be in the 23 for the ABs.
Very happy to see Danny at 10, but not the best backline to be working with.
Also, considering the size of the squad we named, does seem a bit strange we've had to name a bench with a 4:4 split.

agree with all your points. Very dissapointed that Haskell and Pennell are where they are.

I think Cipriani will get the nod if Farrell is out - we may see him pulled from this squad and Myler start, to go bench for the test.

Ward and Sinkler should be starting, 100%. Pennell should be at 15, though I can kind of understand why he's not, as Lancaster probably wants some more experience in the backline (even though Goode is muck, and Foden and BB have a fair amount of experience). Shame to see Haskell start, as it means he won't be in the 23 for the ABs.
Very happy to see Danny at 10, but not the best backline to be working with.
Also, considering the size of the squad we named, does seem a bit strange we've had to name a bench with a 4:4 split.

I would guess the 4:4 split is workable due to Slaters ability as lock and back row. Has Paterson played back row at all?

Paterson mostly played backrow up until this season, playing 6 or 8 (and is likely to move back there next season).

Not a bad looking Crusaders side considering who they are missing. The front-row has been pretty good this year, but the locks are very inexperienced (and Tupou is much better suited to 6 IMO). I'm looking forward to seeing Taufua running at a few English players :) Good to see Moody and Todd back from injury on the bench.

The backline lacks a bit of creativity (especially the midfield), though Ellis will help this when he comes on in the 2nd half. I don't rate Taylor at fullback - he is average under the high ball and gets caught of position far too often for my liking.

Should be an interesting match. I think England will win, but it may be pretty close - it is a solid Crusaders side who have the advantage of playing/training together for the last 6 months....

Slater as Captain is interesting considering he hasn't got a England cap yet but he is a natural leader in every sense.

Suppose Haskell and Johnson can cover 7 if needs must and Paterson and slater have played 6 and 8 before.

Who in the side do you think has a shot at the 23 on the weekend?

For me only:
Haskell
Foden

Interesting Eastmond been left out should mean he will feature.

going by this, next weekend could look like this.

Marler
Hartley
Wilson
Lawes
Launchbury
Wood/Haskell
Robshaw
Vunipola
Care
Farrell
Yarde
Eastmond/36/Burrell
Manu
Ashton
Brown

Webber
Mullan
brookes
Parling
Wood/Morgan/Haskell
Youngs
Burns
Eastmond/Foden/36/Burrell

Last edited:
so if this is the 4th test, win this by a big score and win on the weekend then morally we would have won the tour.

Owens ticking off Whitelock for switching from 8 to behind 6 mid scrum. He said the same to Kaino in the 1st test.

This is good to see....Crusaders try means a real contest for Cips to show why he should play Saturday!!!

Edit.....Cips is strutting.....he is also making breaks, kicking, tackling and going into the rucks. Looking forward to his stats in this match........

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how long Cipriani plays now that Farrell's out. If he plays past 60 I'd say that means either Myler or 36 will be covering 10 on Saturday

I don't even know some of these Crusader players...
I have got to watch a bit more footy obviously!

Latest posts