Back threes
Mike Brown (Harlequins)
Alex Goode (Saracens)
Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Semesa Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby)
Marland Yarde (Harlequins)

Last edited:
Can't think of a better lineup prior to the world cup. Realistically we need to win 3 of these if we want to consider ourselves serious contenders to win the cup. Based on our performances in NZ, I'm skeptical we can achieve that.

Good work Saffycen.

I'm really intrigued to see what we do in the Samoa game selection wise. Bit of a head scratcher with it coming between SA and Aus.

For this tour I would like us to try and tackle it like it was the world cup. Strongest teams against Nz, SA and Oz. Against Samoa still play a strong team but leave out key individuals like Robshaw, Launchbury, Brown and Care. We need to try out our 2nd and 3rd choices before the world cup comes around.

Add On
Another problem is that do we have a first 15 ? So many of our positions are up for grabs, the best performance I have seen from us for a long time was the win over Wales in the 6 nations, from this team I'm not sure who is a cemented in their place. Brown, Robshaw and Care are the only players who I can think of.
1.Marler 2.Hartley 3.Wilson 4.Launchbury 5.Lawes 6.Wood 7.Robshaw 8.Morgan 9.Care 10.Farrell 11.May 12.Twelvetrees 13.Burrell 14.Nowell 15.Brown

Last edited:
For this tour I would like us to try and tackle it like it was the world cup. Strongest teams against Nz, SA and Oz. Against Samoa still play a strong team but leave out key individuals like Robshaw, Launchbury, Brown and Care. We need to try out our 2nd and 3rd choices before the world cup comes around.

Add On
Another problem is that do we have a first 15 ? So many of our positions are up for grabs, the best performance I have seen from us for a long time was the win over Wales in the 6 nations, from this team I'm not sure who is a cemented in their place. Brown, Robshaw and Care are the only players who I can think of.
1.Marler 2.Hartley 3.Wilson 4.Launchbury 5.Lawes 6.Wood 7.Robshaw 8.Morgan 9.Care 10.Farrell 11.May 12.Twelvetrees 13.Burrell 14.Nowell 15.Brown
No Yarde or Wade ?

That isn't his proposed team, but rather the team from the 6N game against Wales. The point was to ask which of those players, from arguably our best performance of 2015, would really be considered out and out first choice.

The fact you asked about no Yarde or Wade indicated the point nicely, a lot of pople wouldn't consider May and/or Nowell our first choice wingers when all are fit.

personally i would have Yarde or Wade over May maybe but not Nowell,

You're a livewire.
A bloody madman.
A mentalist.

tumblr_nauzybAuA81risusro1_400.gif

Last edited:
Oly you ruthless *******, getting his hopes up, finally - he got a positive rep, checking his notifications full of anticipation to then see a crushing, soul destroying red icon. Shameless.

Brave. I don't trust Burrell anymore. Not really sure why but I just can't being myself to.

Don't trust Burrell? How come?
Have I forgotten some glaring cockup?

I'd be most concerned about throwing Yarde back in internationally considering how un-@rsed he looked during the Sarries game.

Don't trust Burrell? How come?
Have I forgotten some glaring cockup?

I'd be most concerned about throwing Yarde back in internationally considering how un-@rsed he looked during the Sarries game.

That's what I meant when I wasn't sure. I honestly don't know why but I've massively gone off him at international level. I guess he was a little underwhelming in NZ?

I hope Yarde bucks up, both for Quins and England's sake.

I've got a similar feeling, Patchey.

I can't quite place it - he's a great backup to Manu, and I thought the way he was dropped in the 6N was harsh.
But at 12, I don't think his distribution is good enough - he gets intercepted a lot and his pass to the right is noticeably dodgy.

Might work - I just feel a little uneasy about it.

I've got a similar feeling, Patchey.

I can't quite place it - he's a great backup to Manu, and I thought the way he was dropped in the 6N was harsh.
But at 12, I don't think his distribution is good enough - he gets intercepted a lot and his pass to the right is noticeably dodgy.

Might work - I just feel a little uneasy about it.

Yeah. I think in a way, although he plays 12 at club, he is much more suited to 13. I just don't have confidence with him at inside centre in the same way as I do after watching him at 13 in the 6N.

But then if Saints won't play him at 13 he isn't going to improve there any may be overtake as Manu's back up. Bit of a catch 22.

Latest posts