• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Blues v Chiefs (Round 19)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140707055343767452.png

15. Charles Piutau
14. Lolagi Visinia/George Moala
13. Francis Saili
12. Ma'a Nonu
11. Tevita Li
10. Ihaia West
9. Bryn Hall
8. Jerome Kaino
7. Brendon O'Connor
6. Steven Luatua
5. Tom Donnelly
4. Patrick Tuipulotu
3. Charlie Faumuina
2. Keven Mealamu (c)
1. Sam Prattley
140707055345189076.png

140707055353740238.png

15. Tom Marshall
14. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
13. Tim Nanai-Williams
12. Bundee Aki
11. James Lowe
10. Aaron Cruden
9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
8. Liam Squire
7. Tanerau Latimer
6. Liam Messam
5. Brodie Retallick
4. Mike Fitzgerald
3. Ben Tameifuna
2. Mahonri Schwalger
1. Jamie Mackintosh

Last edited:
Blues squad announced, with Woodcock and Braid out injured. (http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2014/rugby/story/233031.html)

Blues: Charles Piutau; Lolagi Visinia / George Moala, Francis Saili, Ma'a Nonu, Tevita Li; Ihaia West, Bryn Hall; Jerome Kaino, Brendon O'Connor, Steven Luatua; Tom Donnelly, Patrick Tuipulotu; Charlie Faumuina, Keven Mealamu (captain), Sam Prattley. Reserves: James Parsons, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Angus Ta'avao, Hayden Triggs, Peter Saili, Jamison Gibson-Park, Jackson Willison, George Moala / Albert Nikoro.

Chiefs: Tom Marshall, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Tim Nanai-Williams, Bundee Aki, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden, Tawera Kerr-Barlow; Liam Squire, Tanerau Latimer, Liam Messam, Brodie Retallick, Mike Fitzgerald, Ben Tameifuna, Mahonri Schwalger, Jamie Mackintosh. Res: Nathan Harris, Pauliasi Manu, Nick Barrett, Matt Symons, Tevita Koloamatangi, Augustine Pulu, Gareth Anscombe, Dwayne Sweeney.

Chiefs name an almost unchanged side. I'm shocked :eek:

Chiefs: Tom Marshall, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Tim Nanai-Williams, Bundee Aki, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden, Tawera Kerr-Barlow; Liam Squire, Tanerau Latimer, Liam Messam, Brodie Retallick, Mike Fitzgerald, Ben Tameifuna, Mahonri Schwalger, Jamie Mackintosh. Res: Nathan Harris, Pauliasi Manu, Nick Barrett, Matt Symons, Tevita Koloamatangi, Augustine Pulu, Gareth Anscombe, Dwayne Sweeney.

Chiefs name an almost unchanged side. I'm shocked :eek:

I know you're only commenting in jest, but funnily enough it's traditional for them to do so come the end of the year, actually.

In 2012 and 2013 there were no changes from the SF team to the final team, and only minimal ones going from the last regular season match to the semi finals.

Massive game for the Chiefs. The knock-out matches start a couple of weeks earlier than they have for them in recent seasons!

The Chiefs looked a much better side last week, mainly thanks to Cruden finding form. I'm picking them to win and secure a playoff spot, as the likes of Retallick, Messam, and Cruden seem to thrive on these pressure games.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tevita Li starting for the Blues again.

and still they play Nanai-Williams at centre.

I'm so disappointed we didn't see Horrell and Fruean as the midfield combo at all during the season - that was the one I picked right from the first week. We've seen basically everything else.

At this point in time the only two players I don't really want to see in the midfield are Aki and Nanai-Williams, purely down to the fact that I think we'd be better served with any of Marshall, Ngatai, Horrell or Fruean there.

I'm so disappointed we didn't see Horrell and Fruean as the midfield combo at all during the season - that was the one I picked right from the first week. We've seen basically everything else.

At this point in time the only two players I don't really want to see in the midfield are Aki and Nanai-Williams, purely down to the fact that I think we'd be better served with any of Marshall, Ngatai, Horrell or Fruean there.

You never know - we may see a Horrell/Fruean midfield next week if the Chiefs make the playoffs ;)

Horrell has been pretty disappointing this season (though he has been mainly played out of position at 13), while I'm yet to be convinced Fruean should even be back playing rugby yet. Aki has been disappointing too - the only thing he offers at the moment is the ability to turnover opposition ball (though not always legally). Personally I think Ngatai has been the pick of the Chiefs midfield options this season, it is a pity he has been injured so often....

Looks like the Blues forwards are going to pretty good. Honestly still dont think the Chiefs have the forward pack to go anywhere near winning this comp.

I actually really like the Blues so far in this game. Just a droppsie from kaino stopped a try.

The Blues just can't seem to get the ball down over the line....

The Chiefs are perhaps lucky to still have 15 men on the field, but their desperation on defense is very impressive...

Cmon Blues! (Just don't win with the bonus point)

That was a nothing. The Blues have been robbed here.

Where is Glenn Jackson from!? He must be from Hamilton!!

Nonu is still a complete moron at times. Adds another yellow card to his record. Idiot.

Kerr Barlow: still the best defensive halfback in the world by miles!

Kaino: Still a BEAST.

Kerr-Barlow is the ideal player for this sort of match - he's been superb so far.

Not sure why the Chiefs aren't taking shots at goal??

Last edited:

Latest posts