• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Blues v Sharks (Round 15)

Blatant knock-on by Steyn to start it too... poor work by the ref!

EDIT: Steyn gets a deserved yellow then whines like a little prat :lol:

Last edited:
Yellow for Steyn. Blues have to go for it now and score a converted try.

Why did they pass that out wide when they were 30cm short?

Blatant knock-on by Steyn to start it too... poor work by the ref!

EDIT: Steyn gets a deserved yellow then whines like a little prat :lol:
Hhaha, yeah. I hope someone gave him a tissue when he got to the bench because he was crying like a little baby.

Try Li. Controversial perhaps.....

Great kick by West too! Blues not dead yet....

Why did they pass that out wide when they were 30cm short?

Exactly what the commentators were saying. Too soon to pass it to the backs and they were sitting ducks for the on rushing Sharks' defence.

In the meantime, try awarded to the Blues. Great conversion.

Prattley. What a stupid prat.

And again. I can't believe someone could be that thick. He has really cost the Blues any chance of winning this match. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Prattley by name, prat by nature. One man didn't loose the game, but he didn't damn help! Wasn't even subtle, just straight up dumb, hope he gets a ripping. Urgh, just urgh. Well played Sharks, stifled us and won the game. Blues ... so damn frustrating! No consistency, poor discipline and so much damn potential...

Argh, so frustrating. We should have scored another try with all that pressure we had in the last quarter or so. Sharks defending incredibly but we really helped them by loosing our composure when the try line was in reach.

Kaino is a beast and Gibson got through a load of work. Hickey and West are really exciting talents but they're raw and their decision making at times shows it.

Well that's the Blues' season pretty much over.

Yep ,they are bascially gone. The Sharks have a pretty good lead at the top now too.

I felt the Blues were far too lethargic and lateral on attack for the first 60 minutes. They seemed to wake-up a bit in the last 20 mins or so, and actually looked pretty dangerous! Kaino was impressive all match both in attack and defense, and both Luke Braid and Tuipolotu impressed with ball in hand. Luatua made a massive impact when he came on - his time in the AB's camp looks to have done him wonders.

I've been impressed by Hall this season, but I thought his lethargic passing really hindered the Blues backline tonight. Hickey was quiet, but West looked very sharp when he came on (and nailed two pressure kicks). Nonu was a bit lateral but looked more dangerous near the end, while Ahki looked handy at 13. Visinia, Li, and Halai did a few good things, but really didn't get much space to show their talents....

Two tries to either team that were a bit grey but TBH I think the Nonu pass was 50/50 and you have to give the benefit to the attacking team while a relook at the Sharks try by Reinach Steyn went for the ball but on a 2nd look it was the Blues player on the ground that pushed it back under Steyn's feet which was smart but there were just not any support there.

Great committed defense by the Sharks at the end of the day and one of those games where a tussle ended up being highly entertaining. Blues struck gold in Nonu and Kaino coming in for the seaon but the IMO lack the structure of a side like the Chiefs/Crusaders and/or just not clinical enough in broken play or on the counter ala Hurricanes but it could just be the Sharks' dominant set piece and keeping good shape in defense.

Last edited:
Yep ,they are bascially gone. The Sharks have a pretty good lead at the top now too.

I felt the Blues were far too lethargic and lateral on attack for the first 60 minutes. They seemed to wake-up a bit in the last 20 mins or so, and actually looked pretty dangerous! Kaino was impressive all match both in attack and defense, and both Luke Braid and Tuipolotu impressed with ball in hand. Luatua made a massive impact when he came on - his time in the AB's camp looks to have done him wonders.

I've been impressed by Hall this season, but I thought his lethargic passing really hindered the Blues backline tonight. Hickey was quiet, but West looked very sharp when he came on (and nailed two pressure kicks). Nonu was a bit lateral but looked more dangerous near the end, while Ahki looked handy at 13. Visinia, Li, and Halai did a few good things, but really didn't get much space to show their talents....

Yeah was reading that Hansen told him the reason why he's not been as good this season was down to not being fit enough. He was bent over double after the recent AB training session.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11259182

Never had any doubt about this one, even with the Blues home track record.
At this stage of the season class starts showing

10397832_319212198226314_4517320728087246595_n.jpg

Sharks can't win away from home, they will fall once they go overseas.

Solid performances, Botes still has it! Jordaan working well at IC, Oosthuizen getting more comfortable at lock, Reinach being Reinach!

Have been pleasantly surprised with the Sharks form on the road, big ups to them, looking like champions this year.

Latest posts