• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Chiefs v Waratahs (Round 16)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
140527081321429825.png

1. Jamie Mackintosh
2. Nathan Harris
3. Ben Tameifuna
4. Matt Symons
5. Brodie Retallick
6. Liam Messam
7. Sam Cane
8. Liam Squire
9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
10. Aaron Cruden (c)
11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
12. Andrew Horrell
13. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Dwayne Sweeney
15. Tom Marshall

140527081318293208.png

140527081312460277.png

1. Benn Robinson
2. Tatafu Polota Nau
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Jacques Potgieter
5. Kane Douglas
6. Dave Dennis (c)
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Rob Horne
12. Kurtley Beale
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Alofa Alofa
15. Israel Folau

Last edited:
Chiefs:

1. Jamie Mackintosh,2. Nathan Harris ,3. Ben Tameifuna ,4. Matt Symons ,5. Brodie Retallick ,6. Liam Messam ,7. Sam Cane ,8. Liam Squire ,9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow ,10. Aaron Cruden (c),11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma,12. Andrew Horrell ,13. Tim Nanai-Williams,14. Dwayne Sweeney ,15. Tom Marshall

Replacements : 16. Mahonri Schwalger ,17. Pauliasi Manu,18. Josh Hohneck ,19. Michael Fitzgerald ,20. Tanerau Latimer ,21. Brad Weber ,22. Gareth Anscombe,23. Bundee Aki

Waratahs:

1. Benn Robinson , 2.Tatafu Polota Nau , 3.Paddy Ryan , 4. Jacques Potgieter , 5. Kane Douglas , 6. Dave Dennis (c), 7. Michael Hooper , 8. Wycliff Palu , 9. Nick Phipps , 10. Bernard Foley , 11. Rob Horne , 12. Kurtley Beale , 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper , 14. Alofa Alofa , 15. Israel Folau

Replacements : 16. Hugh Roach , 17. Jeremy Tilse , 18. Sekope Kepu , 19. Will Skelton , 20. Stephen Hoiles , 21. Brendan McKibbin , 22. Jono Lance , 23. Matt Carraro

Chiefs change half their side again. Can't say I really understand (or approve) of this tactic, but time will tell whether it proves to he successful (again).

MackIntosh is still a rubbish scrummager, but his opponent Paddy Ryan isn't any better. I don't mind Symons starting as he has looked handy in his chances this season. It is good to see Squire starting at 8 too. Hopefully they stick with him as he has a pile of potential, and Messam always seems to play better at 6.

Cruden is back starting, but the Chiefs shouldn't expect miracles from him. No idea where Ngatai is gone - barring one missed tackle he was the pick of the Chiefs backs last week IMO. Horrell has been poor this year but gets to start in his preferred position, and I'm unconviced with Nanai-Williams at 13. No idea why Sweeney continues to start on the wing - he was a mid season addition, and though solid is hardy a standout. Surely this 'dart board' approach to team selection can't be good for building combinations ......

This is a big game for both sides, but I feel the Waratahs are favourites. They have established combinations all over the park, and look to be in much better form. I'm picking them by 10.

Chiefs change half their side again. Can't say I really understand (or approve) of this tactic, but time will tell whether it proves to he successful (again).

MackIntosh is still a rubbish scrummager, but his opponent Paddy Ryan isn't any better. I don't mind Symons starting as he has looked handy in his chances this season. It is good to see Squire starting at 8 too. Hopefully they stick with him as he has a pile of potential, and Messam always seems to play better at 6.

Cruden is back starting, but the Chiefs shouldn't expect miracles from him. No idea where Ngatai is gone - barring one missed tackle he was the pick of the Chiefs backs last week IMO. Horrell has been poor this year but gets to start in his preferred position, and I'm unconviced with Nanai-Williams at 13. No idea why Sweeney continues to start on the wing - he was a mid season addition, and though solid is hardy a standout. Surely this 'dart board' approach to team selection can't be good for building combinations ......

This is a big game for both sides, but I feel the Waratahs are favourites. They have established combinations all over the park, and look to be in much better form. I'm picking them by 10.

Pretty much agree with everything here, Nanai-Williams has looked out of place at centre this year, let him loose on the wing instead of Sweeney, Ngatai has looked pretty solid at centre.

Least they have Anscombe and Aki on the bench, hopefully Crudens kicking book is on as I have a feeling we will need every point.

Good to see Messam at 6, he needs a huge game as does Retallick, Cane and TKB, we need our AB's to start firing this week and there's plenty of reward for them if they do stand-up.

Tikoirotuma needs to pull out a couple of his awesome finishes and Harris needs to prove to the AB selectors that he is the 3rd hooker.

So much on the line for both the Chiefs and some of the key players in this Chiefs side.

Anyone watching? Just started and I'm a bit behind - just at the 10 minute mark. Will be up for the entire match, so will try to catch up during the halftime break.

das

Waratahs completely dominating so far. Ashley-Cooper is on fire.....

Gotta agree with what Marshall said about calling the TMO in to check every little thing on the Folau try. The touch judge was right there, and there was no reason to go to the TMO. It does take a bit of the thrill out of the moment, and unnecessarily slows down the game.

das

Good and well-deserved win for the Tahs. I feel bad for the Chiefs, but they just haven't had the fire this year.

das

I'm not sure it has ever been on the rails.....

Agreed the way they performed against the totally misfiring Crusaders earlier in the season was very telling for me even though they won the game their forwards were being totally outplayed and just didnt look like the Cheifs of the last few years.

The Chiefs for me this year should maybe be even further down the table than they already are imo. Two or three games there they were lucky to get a draw or a win i reckon.

After Genia's match last night and Foley's performance today it looks the Wallabies have found their 9/10 combination. Foley was good today and seemed to control possesion well plus his goal kicking was very good. Geez the Waratahs backline is good when we get going. I'm starting to wonder how far we can go this year. Go the Tahs!!

Great performance from the Tahs, very dominant all round and very very good in defence. Loved the try near the end by Dennis and just the pressure they put all round. The team's handling all round has improved a heck of a lot since the early part of the season which is pleasing... I wonder if it's got anything to do with the email I sent Cheika telling him to get all the players to learn to juggle (I'm not kidding - I read how juggling builds neural networks and improves hand-eye capabilities all round, and Cheika the champ emailed me back saying he'd give it a shot).

After Genia's match last night and Foley's performance today it looks the Wallabies have found their 9/10 combination. Foley was good today and seemed to control possesion well plus his goal kicking was very good. Geez the Waratahs backline is good when we get going. I'm starting to wonder how far we can go this year. Go the Tahs!!

Agree with you, Genia (when on form) is one of the best 9's in the world and Foley keeps on getting better, a very stable player with an increasing amount of X-factor every game

Great performance from the Tahs, very dominant all round and very very good in defence. Loved the try near the end by Dennis and just the pressure they put all round. The team's handling all round has improved a heck of a lot since the early part of the season which is pleasing... I wonder if it's got anything to do with the email I sent Cheika telling him to get all the players to learn to juggle (I'm not kidding - I read how juggling builds neural networks and improves hand-eye capabilities all round, and Cheika the champ emailed me back saying he'd give it a shot).

Haha, if he did or not you can tell that to your grandchildren one day!

Latest posts