• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Force v Chiefs (Round 6)

Chiefs deserved that. They were terrible. The Force have been pretty good the last two weeks so credit to them.

What a poor performance from the Chiefs - tactically they had it all wrong.

That aside, what an absolutely astonishing refereeing performance. So completely inconsistent - he disregarded everything he said about feeding into the scrum straight near the end of the game, the Chiefs should have had a free kick on the Force line, instead they were penalised at the scrum. Mackintosh was yellow carded for nothing, he was attached to the maul and the player he was opposing fell off - and it happened about three times! Then to not card one of the Force players, not even dish out a warning, when they spent probably 90% of the rucks diving off their feet trying to illegally steal the ball.

Why is it we can't get some good referees in this competition? Surely, surely, we should have enough floating around to be able to manage 7 games per week. Instead we have guys in charge who have seemingly no comprehension about how to referee the game.

Bloody disgraceful.

That was ****ing TENSE! Go FORCE!! Seriously didn't see that coming though... Force have built a real tradition of knocking off big NZ teams, but this Chiefs outfit are a tough and creative lot, and I didn't think the Force would get within 20 points to be honest.

Ref's performance highly questionable!! Rennie should have changed tactics at half time . The chiefs were not contesting the break down when the western force had possession.Chiefs were not vocal enough about the repeated infringements. The force were allowed to come from offside positions at the beginning of the ruck to either steal the ball or make it difficult for the chiefs to have quality possession. Why on earth would you continue to play high risk rugby when the ref is clearly giving momentum to the other side ! Shameful on the part of the ref.

What a poor performance from the Chiefs - tactically they had it all wrong.

That aside, what an absolutely astonishing refereeing performance. So completely inconsistent - he disregarded everything he said about feeding into the scrum straight near the end of the game, the Chiefs should have had a free kick on the Force line, instead they were penalised at the scrum. Mackintosh was yellow carded for nothing, he was attached to the maul and the player he was opposing fell off - and it happened about three times! Then to not card one of the Force players, not even dish out a warning, when they spent probably 90% of the rucks diving off their feet trying to illegally steal the ball.

Why is it we can't get some good referees in this competition? Surely, surely, we should have enough floating around to be able to manage 7 games per week. Instead we have guys in charge who have seemingly no comprehension about how to referee the game.

Bloody disgraceful.

To be fair, the ref really didn't decide this - the Chiefs poor line outs, 18 errors and inability to break the Force defence or properly manage the Force's rolling mauls were all much bigger factors than a couple inconsistencies about straight feeding in the scrum.

Definitely, this isn't the year of NZ franchises...

Definitely, this isn't the year of NZ franchises...

I'd like to say it's gonna be our year (the Tahs or at least an Aussie team), but I've been watching Super Rugby long enough to know that you just don't make predictions this early out. The season always evens out and the kiwis generally always come good (while the bloody Tahs usually fade)

I'd like to say it's gonna be our year (the Tahs or at least an Aussie team), but I've been watching Super Rugby long enough to know that you just don't make predictions this early out. The season always evens out and the kiwis generally always come good (while the bloody Tahs usually fade)

Yeah, but for example. In previous seasons Crusaders were always a tough team, always was afraid to face them. Now is a normal team, they don't scare me.

Cheers

True - still plenty of time left in the season though and I've seen them win comps with similar starts. But I agree that they haven't been the same since Deans left.

Alby Mathewson has been cited. Apparently his insane rucking should have earned him a red card.

Alby Mathewson has been cited. Apparently his insane rucking should have earned him a red card.

Rugby's gone soft. That used to be expected if you were found in the wrong place in the ruck!

Latest posts