• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Force v Chiefs (Round 6)

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Super%20Rugby.png

Round 6 - Perth
nib Stadium
Saturday 22/03/14 at 7:00PM

Force.png
Versus%20Super.png
Chiefs.png

Referee: Lourens van der Merwe

Chiefs: Gareth Anscombe, Mils Muliaina, Tim Nanai-Williams, Tom Marshall, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Aaron Cruden, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Liam Squire, Sam Cane, Liam Messam, Brodie Retallick, Mike Fitzgerald, Ben Tameifuna, Mahonri Schwalger, Jamie Mackintosh. Reserves: Rhys Marshall, Pauliasi Manu, Josh Hohneck, Kane Thompson, Tanerau Latimer, Augustine Pulu, Andrew Horrell, Anton Linert-Brown.

Force:
Jayden Hayward, Luke Morahan, Junior Rasolea, Kyle Godwin, Nick Cummins, Sias Ebersohn, Alby Mathewson, Angus Cottrell, Matthew Hodgson, Hugh McMeniman, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Sam Wykes, Kieran Longbottom, Nathan Charles, Pekahou Cowan. Reserves: Heath Tessmann, Tetera Faulkner, Oli Hoskins, Adam Coleman, Brynard Stander, Ian Prior, Zack Holmes, Marcel Brache.

Last edited:
The Chiefs squad for their trip to Perth and South Africa has been announced:

Ben Afeaki
Gareth Anscombe
Sam Cane
Aaron Cruden
Michael Fitzgerald
Josh Hohneck
Andrew Horrell
Tawera Kerr-Barlow
Tanerau Latimer
Anton Lienert-Brown
Jamie Mackintosh
Pauliasi Manu
Rhys Marshall
Tom Marshall
Liam Messam
Mils Muliaina
Tim Nanai-Williams
Jordan Payne
Augustine Pulu
Brodie Retallick
Mahonri Schwalger
Liam Squire
Matt Symons
Ben Tameifuna
Kane Thompson
Asaeli Tikoirotuma
Brad Webber

Ngatai, Lowe and Fruean are all casualties from the latest match. Fruean is having some heart proceudure which will keep him off the field for 4-8 weeks (a similar length of time to the other two newly injured players). Afeaki and Horrell are fit to play, as are Pulu, Thompson and Cane. Payne, Webber and Lienert-Brown are all WTS members.

Bundee Aki is still out for another four weeks or so. Ross Filipo isn't yet ready to play either.

Picking the Chiefs this week, we just look to good for the Force.

Please let us get no injuries in the backline this week.

Probably looking at a 23 of: Anscombe, Nanai-Williams, Horrell, Marshall, Tikoirotuma, Cruden, Kerr-Barlow, Thompson, Cane, Messam, Retallick, Fitzgerald, Tameifuna, Schwalger, Manu. Reserves: Mackintosh, Marshall, Afeaki, Symons, Latimer, Pulu, Lienert-Brown, Muliaina.

Chiefs lineup announced: Gareth Anscombe, Mils Muliaina, Tim Nanai-Williams, Tom Marshall, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Aaron Cruden, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Liam Squire, Sam Cane, Liam Messam, Brodie Retallick, Mike Fitzgerald, Ben Tameifuna, Mahonri Schwalger, Jamie Mackintosh. Reserves: Rhys Marshall, Pauliasi Manu, Josh Hohneck, Kane Thompson, Tanerau Latimer, Augustine Pulu, Andrew Horrell, Anton Linert-Brown.

I don't like having Mils on the wing and TNW at centre, I'd certainly swap those two around. Obviously Rennie and co. don't think Muliaina has played enough there lately to be able to cope well enough. Still no sign of Afeaki, it sounds like he hasn't trained much until the last few days, so that's understandable. Lienert-Brown in the reserves is set to get his first cap, he's only 18 and is definitely one for the future!

Why do I get the feeling I'll be the only one watching this match? ;)

Last edited:

i'll be watching it as i eat my breakfast. Not so sure the Chiefs will have the run of the field to eb honest, did you see what the force did to the Rebels? Still odds on to win the SXV but travelling can do strange things to a good team.

I don't like having Mils on the wing and TNW at centre, I'd certainly swap those two around. Obviously Rennie and co. don't think Muliaina has played enough there lately to be able to cope well enough. Still no sign of Afeaki, it sounds like he hasn't trained much until the last few days, so that's understandable. Lienert-Brown in the reserves is set to get his first cap, he's only 18 and is definitely one for the future!

Yeah I would put Mils at centre and TNW on the wing, TNW is the finisher we want. Although I trust Rennie.

Will have to watch this one on Sun arvo as will be out, can't think of a better thing to watch on a Sun arvo though.

The Force have been all over the Chiefs so far...

EDIT: Well deserved try to Hodgson.

Chiefs have a case of the dropsies tonight... Very average so far.

Jesus the Force are getting away with murder at the breakdown. I don't think Ive seen one player on his feet contesting possession, they're lying everywhere.

Jesus the Force are getting away with murder at the breakdown. I don't think Ive seen one player on his feet contesting possession, they're lying everywhere.

Agreed - the Force players are just diving off their feet at the breakdown and the ref is letting them do it....

MackIntosh in the bin now... Force opting for another maul....

Last edited:
Agreed - the Force players are just diving off their feet at the breakdown and the ref is letting them do it....

MackIntosh in the bin now... Force opting for another maul....

Absolutely chiefs captain needs to be more vocal .They also need to start playing a territory game because they will continue to lose the ball at the breakdown.

Penalty in front, Chiefs have the opportunity to go into the break ahead now, which is pretty unusual given how poorly they've played so far.

HT: 9-8. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Been so busy at work, I just managed to sit at my desk to get an update. Chiefs need to start kicking a$$

Cummins stuffs up a try for the 2nd week in a row....

Chiefs mess up the lineout (again) to give the Force another chance though.....

I can't believe!!! C'mon Force!!! Just 2 minutes

Latest posts