• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] New Zealand v Argentina in Napier (06/09/2014)

Very poor reffing there I am afraid but where were the linesmen and the TMO.............

Actual score 18-13. Poor referee. Use the big screen to help New Zealand but not Argentina. Poor

Actual score 18-13. Poor referee. Use the big screen to help New Zealand but not Argentina. Poor

Used it to decide a kick was inside the 22 not outside yet not check or even glance up, for a call of that magnitude

Referee has been dire, missed so much this game.

Oh no. Why did we hold that up? Now we have to scrum again!

EDIT: Ok, so that call went our way :)

Seriously under WC rules I think even the AB's are going to really struggle in the pool game against these guys. The refs will be watching alot closer and will probably favour the dominant scrumaging side. Argentina is not getting what they deserve out of this totally dominant scrum. The rules of rugby are wrong imo.

Lineout not straight but leads to a penalty for NZ. Really disappointed with the referees today.

Seriously under WC rules I think even the AB's are going to really struggle in the pool game against these guys. The refs will be watching alot closer and will probably favour the dominant scrumaging side. Argentina is not getting what they deserve out of this totally dominant scrum. The rules of rugby are wrong imo.

Can you explain a bit about "under RWC rules"?

Surely there is only one set of rules for the game or do you mean they are interpreted differently? Certainly French refs tend to let the scum and break down infringements go more than most in the interest of getting the game moving and particularly as there are always more than one infringement at every occurrence by both sides!!

For instance....the AB hooker was up and out of the scrum there before they scored!

Last edited:
Fkg post !!! These guys can't be sooooooo lucky

Easy. Bonus point try. Scrum has been better since B Franks and Moody have been on...

Thats the problem with the 8 man arg scrum in defence their loosies dont detach as quick.

Or Cane had a hold of him for long enough to stop him detaching ... again dire officiating.

Latest posts