• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] New Zealand v Australia in Auckland (23/08/2014)

obviously a lot went the AB's way. But they were dominant anyways, so there isn't a point in debating this. Wallabies better prepare and prepare well for the Springboks, that's all that actually matters right now.

* Awaits austingtir response with glee ... *

It isnt even really worth my time but any moron on here knows the AB's smashed them so no the "coathanger" wouldnt of made a split **** worth of difference. It was a penalty at worst.

Just a reminder on the score it was 50 or so points to the AB's if I recall..... TBH I was enjoying turning the knife into you ***** more than watching the second half so not entirely sure on what the score ended up at..... ; )

I thought the officiating was spot on for this game - play flowed well, calls all seemed fair (calls will always be debated, but there were no glaring mistakes) and there wasn't much back talk from the players. Wish more games were like this.

das

The Rugby Championship: The most predictable tournament in the world.

All Blacks played 14 games

Won games: 13

Drawn games: 1

Lost games: 0

Boooooooooooooooring

Predictable yes but if you love rugby then it is not boring.....have seen far more boring 6N than Rugby Championship or its many predecessors!

I thought the officiating was spot on for this game - play flowed well, calls all seemed fair (calls will always be debated, but there were no glaring mistakes) and there wasn't much back talk from the players. Wish more games were like this.

das

Bootifully put!!

The offence was committed early on during the contest. It changed the mindset of the Wallabies. If they scored off the play, the score would've substantially closer going into the break.

And were you not watching lol? The coat hanger did make 'a split ***** worth of difference', seeing as Savea scored 30 seconds afterwards.

Wasn't there a late charge on Jane just before that? I missed the tackle/charge on Jane so not sure how bad it was.

And no it wouldn't have made any difference imo.

Predictable yes but if you love rugby then it is not boring.....have seen far more boring 6N than Rugby Championship or its many predecessors!
Entertainment vs quality innit?! 6n usually has a good deal of excitement and unpredictability while a higher quality of rugby is played in the RC. Today isn't the best example but last week or pretty much any NZ vs SA match is equal to or higher in quality than Ireland vs England in this years 6n.

The offence was committed early on during the contest. It changed the mindset of the Wallabies. If they scored off the play, the score would've substantially closer going into the break.

And were you not watching lol? The coat hanger did make 'a split ***** worth of difference', seeing as Savea scored 30 seconds afterwards.

In fairness, Aus had another phase of play where the ball was stripped and NZ countered superbly. Obviously if a penalty had been given it wouldn't have happened, but Aus still had the possession in NZ's 22 and didn't convert. That, plus a truckload of errors, is why they lost.

I was watching and what I saw was a wallaby side that was totally outclassed in nearly ever facet of play. It was a 3 point penalty at worst no way it was a yellow or anything game changing like that.

Is this the first rugby match you ever watched or something?

The thing that really grinds my gears about the last two weeks is I didnt think the Wallabies were that great last week. NZ was very poor + the Ref bullcrap that went on.

If you add the Ref's call into the end Waratahs match THAT WAS FAR MORE DUBIOUS THAN THIS. And both Refs have admitted that. So IMO NZ fans have more reason to be aggrieved than you do.

far out what a dismal performance by the Wallabies. Well done to the All blacks once again.

Simmons bin was the turning point in the game, our scrum went to jelly then the ABs capitalised on the turn over after Izzy made that long break. 14 points up and it was game over. While McCaw was sitting down, it was the Wallabies that had to put 14 points on them, but we couldn't - even playing against 14. We were poor in all aspects of the game, the subs made a bit of an impact but it was more of the same. Skelton was invisible.

The Beale experiment has to be over. ran sideways all night and after Izzy made that break, beale got it and threw a long pass to I think McCabe who was isolated, then Savea scored up the other end. it was just low percentage stuff especially with a man in the bin. Stuff it, I hope Beale signs with the NRL!

I thought Crotty would get exposed but he had a great 40 minutes before going off injured.

If you add the Ref's call into the end Waratahs match THAT WAS FAR MORE DUBIOUS THAN THIS. And both Refs have admitted that. So IMO NZ fans have more reason to be aggrieved than you do.

Dude get over it. All that did was balance the result - the ref gifted you 7 points for Nadolo's try in that game - even Kaplan said as much. Why can't you admit that?

You're a sh*t winner and loser.

far out what a dismal performance by the Wallabies. Well done to the All blacks once again.

Simmons bin was the turning point in the game, our scrum went to jelly then the ABs capitalised on the turn over after Izzy made that long break. 14 points up and it was game over. While McCaw was sitting down, it was the Wallabies that had to put 14 points on them, but we couldn't - even playing against 14. We were poor in all aspects of the game, the subs made a bit of an impact but it was more of the same. Skelton was invisible.

The Beale experiment has to be over. ran sideways all night and after Izzy made that break, beale got it and threw a long pass to I think McCabe who was isolated, then Savea scored up the other end. it was just low percentage stuff especially with a man in the bin. Stuff it, I hope Beale signs with the NRL!

I thought Crotty would get exposed but he had a great 40 minutes before going off injured.

I thought the sin-binning was unfortunate, but ultimately it shouldn't have mattered if our team was up to it in defence - NZ showed that this week and last.

I think Link ought to get the boys to spend a bit of time with the Blues in Origin camp next year. Those boys were willing to die out there this year defending the Qld onslaught. We had guys playing on like Morris with a dislocated shoulder FFS. That's guts! That's what the Wallabies need.

well, there are a few things that went NZ's way...let's wait for the game to be upped on YT shortly and post it here and point out those plays. FACT over debate every day every week.
Posters who feel like some big plays went against NZ will be able to point those out also, based on TAPE, FACT, not discussion and memory-based posts. But I've seen 2 or 3 major bad calls go against AUS, and will point those out shortly as stated.

Yes, scoring a try off a turnover makes a huge difference, it's a 14-point turnaround, and a huge momentum switch psychologically. But regardless, the AB did win convincingly and were definitely superior on the whole, so I don't think there's real controversy to be discussed, although it will be interesting to watch again the ref's mistakes nice and calmly without the excitement and precipitation of a live game's pace.

Really impressive display by NZ. One really has to admire King Richie. He is an awesome individual and a complete gentleman. When he scored his 2 tries he did not celebrate but congratulated the other players. A true great of the game.

Brodie is setting the bar high for second rows. He never seems to have a bad game. He is not flashy and produces on each showing.

For Australia I don't think there was much to cheer about. Beale was not great whilst the only impact was Hooper IMO who seems to carry the team (reminiscent of Pocock)

About Hooper, that big powerdrive off the lineout in the AB 22, taking on 3 AB defenders and putting it down like that for the score was definitely smt Pocock couldn't do. Shows his footspeed, carrying ability, and offensive prowess, a whole dimension Pocock never possessed from what I've seen.
Hooper +1.

About Hooper, that big powerdrive off the lineout in the AB 22, taking on 3 AB defenders and putting it down like that for the score was definitely smt Pocock couldn't do. Shows his footspeed, carrying ability, and offensive prowess, a whole dimension Pocock never possessed from what I've seen.
Hooper +1.

That's true, but Hooper is a different sort of player than Pocock, who is more combative and physical, rather than agile and zippy. And as much as I love Hoops, the boys could have used some Pocock's abrasiveness tonight.

Dude get over it. All that did was balance the result - the ref gifted you 7 points for Nadolo's try in that game - even Kaplan said as much. Why can't you admit that?

You're a sh*t winner and loser.

I stated in the waratahs thread that they fully deserved the win they were the better team on the day. THIS is a totally different thread. Take what I said in context and dont get your pantys in a bunch all the time which you seem to be quite adept at.

I stated in the waratahs thread that they fully deserved the win they were the better team on the day. THIS is a totally different thread. Take what I said in context and dont get your pantys in a bunch all the time which you seem to be quite adept at.

Bahahaha mate I'm over it! Hence why I'm not the one bringing it up anymore ;) .

Latest posts