• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

I'm up for that, because I'm not sure my heart is up for another close game this weekend. Assuming it does turn out to be close.

I think Aus have the form right now, and will win. But of course, anything can happen in a final.

If Ned Kelly...er, I mean Pocock...is successfully neutralised at the breakdown then we'll probably dominate possession. The Blacks are good enough to convert possession to points, so I'll back is if we can deal with Pocock.

Maybe that's too shallow a view of the current Aussie team, but it does seem that when he is playing you win, and when he's not you struggle against the likes of Scotland.

Supposed AB fan saying the Aussies will win? Fk off and go write for the herald mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because this forum has been replete with trash talking Aussies, and no Kiwi has ever shown a hint of arrogance or disrespect to anyone... oh wait.

You ought to go have a look over at Green & Gold Rugby's forum - hardly the cesspit of smart ass children and most are doing anything but talking up our chances. Meanwhile over here, we have proud and humble Kiwis like KW who routinely claim the Wallabies aren't capable of beating anyone and when they do win refuses to give them even the tiniest bit of credit.

Glass houses and all that...

I'm not talking about this forum, it was reference to your sportsmen. I can remember Foley and Hooper sledging in the England game, typical Australian sportsmen mate and Foley twitches around like he's on a sugar high, pretty accurate description and Hooper looks like he has an extra chromosome.

Supposed AB fan saying the Aussies will win? Fk off and go write for the herald mate.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not talking about this forum, it was reference to your sportsmen. I can remember Foley and Hooper sledging in the England game, typical Australian sportsmen mate and Foley twitches around like he's on a sugar high, pretty accurate description and Hooper looks like he has an extra chromosome.

Man - you were more fun three weeks ago, when the ABs were destined to fail.

Don't tell others to ***** off. As a general warning to all posters for this thread if I see anymore name calling or insulting others - they can sit out the next week.

Man - you were more fun three weeks ago, when the ABs were destined to fail.

Don't tell others to ***** off. As a general warning to all posters for this thread if I see anymore name calling or insulting others - they can sit out the next week.

I never said we'd lose!!! MAN!!! I said we had issues, but always backed us to win because everyone else is worse!! Which is true. Aussie are 1 player away from being a tier 2 side!!! STOP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTHS

- - - Updated - - -

B#ll****. The only thing in terms of sledging that had come out of that game was Cipriani coming out and saying no Aussie would make the England side.

Provide some links of this so called "trash talking" - it can't have been much because not even the British media have picked it up.

Seriously mate, it's sport anyway and I know you think the sun shines out of everyone's arse over at the ABs, but they're not actually perfect and for the record that Steve Hansen can come across like an arrogant and humorless right prick at the best of times.

PROVIDE LINKS? lol, like that's the be all end all, gee, did you not see Foley make that kick down to the English corner in the first few minutes and he was screaming at the English? Even the commentator said something.

Cips actually justified what he said because he didn't want to drop any of his compatriots before a big game, he actually had a skype session with James O'Connor before the match and explains this as well.

For you go to 3.15 Foley goes out of his way to go up to Mike Brown and give him stick.

The usual Aussie attitude and tactics, stop denying it mate.

And here is the version where the commentator points it out at 20.20

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow a player gets a little pumped and yells something and he's suddenly the epitome of bad sportsmanship. I saw Savae yell something after he scored that try against the French - guess he's a c#nt too is he?

Seriously mate, you have the biggest chip on your shoulder and you need to get over it, because frankly it's pathetic and you're embarrassing your fellow kiwis.

Wow a player gets a little pumped and yells something and he's suddenly the epitome of bad sportsmanship. I saw Savae yell something after he scored that try against the French - guess he's a c#nt too is he?

Seriously mate, you have the biggest chip on your shoulder and you need to get over it, because frankly it's pathetic and you're embarrassing your fellow kiwis.

Did he go out off his way to run over and abuse the opposition?

Typical you brushing it off, even when I provide a great example!! TYPICAL!

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny you call me one eyed, but you lot could walk over take a dump on our try line and flip us off and they'd be still a bunch of great blokes in your eyes haha!

Mate it's a crap example. A bit of shtick between players on the pitch is just par for the course and, I'm not sure if you noticed, but WE WERE PLAYING ENGLAND, a fair bit of sh#t had been talked up by their players and commentators leading up to the match.

Mate it's a crap example. A bit of shtick between players on the pitch is just par for the course and, I'm not sure if you noticed, but WE WERE PLAYING ENGLAND, a fair bit of sh#t had been talked up by their players and commentators leading up to the match.

I expect the same rubbish from you guys in the final as well, should we place a bet on it? :D

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, how it is a crap example when you asked me to provide links of your players sledging and I did they you brush it off as a bad example when it's clearly NOT a bad example?

I expect the same rubbish from you guys in the final as well, should we place a bet on it? :D

I'll place a bet that your skin will only get thinner. Question: have you ever actually played the game? Because you sure sound like you haven't if you're making a big deal out of a bit of ****le on the field. Oh and don't try to tell me you're all honorable in NZ, I've played with plenty of kiwis and you lot talk **** with the best of them.

Ok, update - I just went and actually watched what you're talking about and WOW... Yeah, I'm pretty sure you've never played rugby before in your life if you think that's honestly something worth getting all judgy and upset about. Not even the posh private school boys are as sensitive as that.

Ok, update - I just went and actually watched what you're talking about and WOW... Yeah, I'm pretty sure you've never played rugby before in your life if you think that's honestly something worth getting all judgy and upset about. Not even the posh private school boys are as sensitive as that.

You asked me to provide links of sledging and I did, you really think Richie McCaw, Carter, Conrad Smith, Ben Smith Read and Kaino carry on like that? Yeah right!

You asked me to provide links of sledging and I did, you really think Richie McCaw, Carter, Conrad Smith, Ben Smith Read and Kaino carry on like that? Yeah right!

I agree. Or, if they do, they do it more subtly.

Based on what I've seen this WC, I would actually make Australia favorites for the game. I love the AB game, but I'm not sure they will have answers for the Aus loosies.

Mate, I'm sure if I were a hypersensitive and instantly offended posh and sheltered private school kid who'd never played the game, I'd be picking out incidents like that from the All Blacks all day. But I'm not.

Out of interest - is the Bledisloe Cup on the line in this match?

Looking at the teams- Scrum will be close, parity would be the word. Never will look to target.
Lineout - same I would say.
Breakdown-Hooper and Pocock will need the game of their lives. Fardy has been brilliant. I seriously underrated the guy, said he was only there for the lineout but he's proved me wrong. NZ are the masters though, they know what to do and pocock will be targeted.
In the backs both are the best, NZ don't let you slip though. Big games and NZ turn up, I'm going for a NZ win.
NZ 23 AUS 16

Mate, I'm sure if I were a hypersensitive and instantly offended posh and sheltered private school kid who'd never played the game, I'd be picking out incidents like that from the All Bl The acks all day. But I'm not.

Could we have a little less of the 'posh and sheltered private school kid' thing!

I have two grandsons, ages 8 and 9, both playing full contact rugby at school. The 8yr old also trains at the weekend, while the 9yr old plays cricket, with the hard ball during the summer and trains in winter.

Latest posts