• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Congrats to the AB's.Best team in the world by far. Standout moments for me:
1)THAT drop goal. Pure class, and I said he's getting old.
2)Stephen Moore's interview. He will go a long way as captain. Respect.
3)Nonu's try. What a great finish to his WC career.
4)SBW's influence, creating 3)
5)The AB's competing in the line outs....

Overall I'm a little bit disappointed, I really thought the Aussies would press them harder. Close at one stage but the AB's never looked like losing the game. great entertainment!!

Congrats to the AB's.Best team in the world by far. Standout moments for me:
1)THAT drop goal. Pure class, and I said he's getting old.
2)Stephen Moore's interview. He will go a long way as captain. Respect.
3)Nonu's try. What a great finish to his WC career.
4)SBW's influence, creating 3)
5)The AB's competing in the line outs....

Overall I'm a little bit disappointed, I really thought the Aussies would press them harder. Close at one stage but the AB's never looked like losing the game. great entertainment!!

Yeah, it was quite one-sided, but the All Blacks still did what had to be done.

i'm just glad i resisted the temptation to fly to london and see the game live. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a fair contest but honestly that was just what we have come to expect - nz play on the fringes of the laws and are applauded for doing so. A little less sycophantic commentary wouldn't go astray. Admittedly it is difficult to bring nz back into line when they have been allowed to get away with such little things for so long.

sorry buddy -you lost big time-no excuses

- - - Updated - - -

We cant lose.

We are expected to get beaten so if we do its ok.
If we win well that will be something

Unfortunately YOU DID LOSE....

Yep lost the game as expected.
Still proud

same here, gutted beyond belief but still proud.

I've avoided the kiwi gloating thread, they're entitled to say what they want, I just don't want to hear it. It's not the way I would have reacted to the Wallabies winning though.

I've avoided the kiwi gloating thread, they're entitled to say what they want, I just don't want to hear it. It's not the way I would have reacted to the Wallabies winning though.

Lol, the thread ain't that bad, compared to some of the **** that was spouted elsewhere around the other WC threads.

Well The All Blacks might have won, but I think it perhaps wasn't as easy as the score might indicate.

Sure, we could argue that the Wallabies only scored their two tries when the All Blacks were down to 14 players, but in reality, they probably would have scored the first try regardless of whether Ben Smith had been carded or not. The second try, however, was a direct result of his absence from the backfield. With Smith there, Kuridrani doesn't get near the goal-line.

However, I have to acknowledge that Michael Cheika has worked near miracles with this team. At 21-3 down early in the second half, having cracked and conceded tries a couple of minutes either side of half time, the Wallabies were staring straight down the barrell at a hiding. IMO, twelve months ago, this match would have been another fifty pointer, and although the carding of Ben Smith helped to swing the momentum their way, it wasnt the only reason that happened.

If this RWC is any indication, the 2016 Wallabies are going to be scarily good. They will, it seems, be retaining most of their talent and key players for that season at least, while we will have been hindered by the departure of the super six.

I think 2016 will see the Wallabies' their best opportunity in years to take back the Bledisloe, and go back to back in the Rugby Championship.

Oh and congrats to NZ for taking it out, they lived up to their expectation as the number 1 team in the world.

Yeah, I think most of us can empathise with you; we've all experienced RWC disappointment a one time or another ... I'm happy the ABs won, but I don't feel the need to gloat

So those pesky West Islanders steal Kiwiana such as Pavlova, Split Enz, Phar Lap, Lamingtons, Crowded House, Dragon, Sir Edmund Hilary and Russel Crowe (errr...actually, on reflection, they can have that last one)

Now the West Island wants OUR World Cup.. well they can just fack off thank you very much

NOTE: The website's; byline says it all "(Un)truth and nothing but the (un)truth"

HAHAHAHAHA I can't see this going down well. Someone from NZ is not going to understand satire and completely blow up

Kind of like some of the comments on articles from Sportbox.co.nz

LOL ... Well ... if you got rid of Genia and Pocock, you'd the Wallabies would just about be an Australasian team anyway ... just saying ;)

LOL ... Well ... if you got rid of Genia and Pocock, you'd the Wallabies would just about be an Australasian team anyway ... just saying ;)

Well, not so much Australiasian, but definitely Oceania lol. Although to be fair most of our PI boys were either born here or grew up here and are just as Aussie as anyone else here.

Latest posts