• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Fuuuuu I hate this site sometimes just wrote a long post exp,aining my views on incidents and lost it as switched pages to get a video....

Pocock-McCaw nothing really mountain out of molehill.

Not seen Kepu-McCaw

Smith clear YC even though Nige tried to not give it.

Kepu late hit YC in my opinion due to the clear acceleration after Carter passes the ball therefore he wasn't committed and went for a huge hit. A committed player looks like this.[video]https://youtu.be/S3QDOWk1qIo[/video]

Kepu high tackle on Carter, just a penalty those kind of high tackles need to be punished more (as players are routinely not pinged for them) but it was hardly clothesline style tackle with intent.

Don't you think 'fantastic' is hyperbole? He was good and, I thought, generally fair. This constant criticism of the refereeing, even of Barnes, is childish, soppy and invalid. The All Blacks did, rightly, have a man sin-binned, and Australia were bloody lucky that they didn't lose Kepu for ten minutes. The only player who might have real grounds for feeling disgruntled is Warburton, having been red-carded in the last world cup for something very similar to what the All Black got just ten minutes for in this final.

Well done to the All Blacks and congrats to all the fans. Despite supporting Australia there is no denying the better team won, Aus were soundly beaten at just about every aspect of the game. This team is a class above the rest, and as it turns out no-one else really stood a chance.

Hopefully the rest of the world can put up more of a fight in 2019 ;).

Fuuuuu I hate this site sometimes just wrote a long post exp,aining my views on incidents and lost it as switched pages to get a video....

Pocock-McCaw nothing really mountain out of molehill.

Not seen Kepu-McCaw

Smith clear YC even though Nige tried to not give it.

Kepu late hit YC in my opinion due to the clear acceleration after Carter passes the ball therefore he wasn't committed and went for a huge hit. A committed player looks like this.[video]https://youtu.be/S3QDOWk1qIo[/video]

Kepu high tackle on Carter, just a penalty those kind of high tackles need to be punished more (as players are routinely not pinged for them) but it was hardly clothesline style tackle with intent.

Yeah, this sounds about right.

I felt Nige didn't want to ruin the spectacle and overreact and send players off, I can't help but feel a certain Wayne Barnes wouldn't have done the same, thinking back to the Argentina game.. How he gave that yellow still baffles me.

Ben Smiths yellow was fair enough, it's crazy to see Ben do something like that, definitely not in his nature and it cost us dearly and we obviously hadn't prepared for losing him, with our cover at the back non existent at times, especially during Kirindrani's try. It allowed them back into the game. But that's all academic now.

Lol let him talk to himself mate. He's clearly just a parasite. World Cups always bring out a few of those. So happy for our guys, and pure admiration for the way Australia fought back. So typical of the Aussies in any sport really, they never lay down and die.

Not exactly Dude.
For example, Joubert and MC COW were parasites.
I just interfere with their parasite impunity. Yeah, finally, you're right, that's a way to be a parasite. I'm am, and proud of it this time.

But really, this time, congrats to NZ for this deserved victory, without blind referees help. That's wonderfull.
Great victory !

Hmm, yeah. And notice what he does when NMS hits the ground - looks like he very deliberately scratches his nails across the face. I think there is enough evidence now to suggest that Kepu went out there in some kind of enforcer role.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, that was fine. It was Kuridrani but he never has a hand under a leg, seems to have both hands on butt cheeks and does lift Nonu off the ground but doesn't get past the horizontal. Plus McCaw is right there offering some protection to Nonu.

Nah again. Fair turnover to Fardy there. Excellent work in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so your claim is that the All Blacks played on the fringes of the rules and were allowed to get away with it. The video of this match is easily available so would you care to backup your claim? I've already noted all of what I consider the "questionable" decisions throughout the match. Can you point to maybe 2 or 3 instances that backup what you are saying? Or are we expected to just take your assertion as fact? Yeah, good luck with that.

Pretty ordinary ! C'mon mate. Regarding infringing the rules , the wallabies were continuously pushing it at the breakdown . Who ever referred the game the outcome would have been the same !

Well done to the All Blacks and congrats to all the fans. Despite supporting Australia there is no denying the better team won, Aus were soundly beaten at just about every aspect of the game. This team is a class above the rest, and as it turns out no-one else really stood a chance.

Hopefully the rest of the world can put up more of a fight in 2019 ;).

The AB's would have Carter , Richie , Kaino,NOnu , Smith,Woodcock. Those are difficult men to replace . Boks are on the up. That is if they don't replace Meyer . Cheika has done an outstanding job for the wallabies . If both coaches Retain their jobs I see the gap being narrowed.

Not exactly Dude.
For example, Joubert and MC COW were parasites.
I just interfere with their parasite impunity. Yeah, finally, you're right, that's a way to be a parasite. I'm am, and proud of it this time.

But really, this time, congrats to NZ for this deserved victory, without blind referees help. That's wonderfull.
Great victory !

You sound like an angry little parasite. "without blind referees help"? You should try spec savers, surely they'd have a pair of specs to fit parasites like yourself champ/chump?

I find it interesting that the only people who thought the ref was fantastic are all blacks supporters

I'm not saying the best team didn't win ; what I'm saying is that it gets a bit tiresome watching them play on the fringes of the rules and being allowed to get away with it. Note the difference in refereeing between this match and the drawn test. Nz were very tightly controlled by the ref and the game was an extremely good spectacle. This one was pathetic.

My concern is that having watched the ab s for 30 years there is a "whatever it takes " attitude that makes one want to go and watch lawn bowls. I was more impressed with the performances of Japan , Canada and Argentina than with the first line nations. The minows games were full of entertainment and spectacle. This final was more like being fed strichnine while being hit with a hammer. The poison makes you go numb from the extremities inward and the hammer just finishes the job. I enjoy a good game of rugby but this was pretty ordinary.

Hahaha. You can really feel the hurt in this post.

Well done to NZ.

Usually I like to see the best team lose but if any team deserved to win the world cup it was this one. The Aussies put up a good fight but NZ are in a different class to any team.

So question for Kiwis: which RWC win is the more satisfying? 2011 or 2015? I think I know what the majority on here will say.

So question for Kiwis: which RWC win is the more satisfying? 2011 or 2015? I think I know what the majority on here will say.

2011, it was a huge monkey off the shoulders, a lot of us hadn't even been born when the AB's had last won the RWC, it's close though.. this year is extremely satisfying also.

Yeah, this sounds about right.

I felt Nige didn't want to ruin the spectacle and overreact and send players off, I can't help but feel a certain Wayne Barnes wouldn't have done the same, thinking back to the Argentina game.. How he gave that yellow still baffles me.

Ben Smiths yellow was fair enough, it's crazy to see Ben do something like that, definitely not in his nature and it cost us dearly and we obviously hadn't prepared for losing him, with our cover at the back non existent at times, especially during Kirindrani's try. It allowed them back into the game. But that's all academic now.
in the much longer post I lost I think Smith is the victim of poor technique rather than malicious intent. Still you can tell from his reaction he knows he was wrong and the simple fact is lifting a player over the horizontal will require fair bit for it to just be a penalty.

Just want to say congratulations to New Zealand ! Well done / awesome rugby (Though some dodgy tackles) :)

Congratulations to the All Blacks!. Well deserved winners, played really well throughout the world cup

Well done NZ, back to back world cup's is a great achievement, you will be forcing the rest of us to improve .... again. your about to kick off with England in the autumn internationals so I hope you both have a good game.

Well done NZ, back to back world cup's is a great achievement, you will be forcing the rest of us to improve .... again. your about to kick off with England in the autumn internationals so I hope you both have a good game.

No we don't, we have a 3 test series with Wales in NZ, then we play the RC.

Australia play England, as well as Argentina and South Africa all at Twickers this time next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can someone please explain why we have no away games next year? All our RC games are in NZ.

Latest posts