• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Just shows there's still a big gap between New Zealand rugby and the rest of the world. However, Australia and South Africa come close to it.

Pocock incident was an accident

Kepu was a nasty swinging arm. It should have been picked up by the TMO and ruled yellow card

I've been waiting what, 12 years to say this, but...

4... MORE... YEARS, George Gregan!!!

Haha, yeah mate I love this aye!

For years that sledge both haunted and hurt us kiwis but now we can embrace it anf flip it back onto our OZ brothers!! Love it - Thanks for the hard work George!!

I've said this on another forum; does anyone else find the poor reffing in this game to be somewhat poetic justice? I mean, the Wallaby fans were happy to turn a blind eye to the ref calls that favoured them in previous RWC matches, but in this game (where obvious calls weren't made) it's like 'the thing' that cost them the win (for some).

Pocock incident was an accident

Kepu was a nasty swinging arm. It should have been picked up by the TMO and ruled yellow card

Nah, it wasn't cheating, mate. It was just incompetent refereeing. Surely you've heard of it?

- - - Updated - - -

I've said this on another forum; does anyone else find the poor reffing in this game to be somewhat poetic justice? I mean, the Wallaby fans were happy to turn a blind eye to the ref calls that favoured them in previous RWC matches, but in this game (where obvious calls weren't made) it's like 'the thing' that cost them the win (for some).

No.

The best team in the last 4 years won . Stephen Moore was gracious in defeat . The ref cannot be blamed . AB's dropped their intensity briefly in the second half and paid the price . But otherwise they controlled the game & really should have won comfortably. Congrats to Steve Hansen on relying on experience . Carter was majestic & Magnificent. Nonu energy and strength defies his years . His decision making was excellent .Kaino , Richie & read .....
Steve Hansen has taught this team to relish a challenge . The quality of rugby on display from the quarterfinals to the final was truly outstanding . In fact some of it was magical!! The boks & wallabies should marvel and learn . When a team with the style of the AB's wins. Rugby as a sport wins!

4 more years frenchy 4 more years. LOL.

But I suspect with the french it could be alot longer than that...:rolleyes:

Of course not 4 years ! Will be much longer than that guy !!!!

About 40 I think. The referee "french Joubert" exclusively made for us is only 2 years old, we have to wait a little bit more him to be more blind, yep.

Just shows there's still a big gap between New Zealand rugby and the rest of the world. However, Australia and South Africa come close to it.

John Mitchell summed it up. All Blacks mental condition is far superior to anyone else. The rest need to work on their mental strength.

Watching again, at 21 mins we are hot on attack, Nonu is on the receiving end of a clear tip tackle, Pocock then gets a turnover and Wallabies out on jail. Should've been at least 3 plus a yellow potentially. Screw you Owens you snaked us!

- - - Updated - - -

Watching again, at 21 mins we are hot on attack, Nonu is on the receiving end of a clear tip tackle, Pocock then gets a turnover and Wallabies out on jail. Should've been at least 3 plus a yellow potentially. Screw you Owens you snaked us!

Haha and agin, 22:11 we are back on attack, Fardy goes elbows on the ground and kills our ruck ball.. Wallabies penalty. Should have been the other way. Seriously you can do this bull **** all day finding ref errors.

Sounding like a yes!

Well, what big and selective ears you must have, but, still, seriously, 'No.', despite your exclamation mark, cos I thought the refereeing was generally good, and I don't need a punctuation crutch to help me make the point. This general criticism of, and the negative commentaries on, the refereeing of this World Cup have been, in my view, pretty damn childish and largely partisan. I've been so disappointed in England's general performances but, apart from one or two incidents or decisions, as if the refereeing of their games has had any major impact on our overall play, anymore than that of any other team, for that matter. We all knew the All Blacks were the overwhelming favourites, and full credit to South Africa and Australia for how they tackled them, but, seriously, is there even one crucial refereeing decision that ensured New Zealand won?

This way of looking at is soppy.

Last edited:
The final try by Barrett just summed up the last 4 years of All Black rugby. They defend, multiple phases of attack until the opposition turns the ball over and then they pounce to score a length of the field try. ABs have scored A LOT of tries in the past 4 years in similar fashion. Fitting way to seal the deal in the world cup and also the final score was a reflection of ABs dominance in the game.

The final try by Barrett just summed up the last 4 years of All Black rugby. They defend, multiple phases of attack until the opposition turns the ball over and then they pounce to score a length of the field try. ABs have scored A LOT of tries in the past 4 years in similar fashion. Fitting way to seal the deal in the world cup and also the final score was a reflection of ABs dominance in the game.

Yes, also their last minute 1st half Try. They always seem to do it.

How Kepu escaped a yellow in the first half is anyone's guess. The high shot was his second bit of foul play in about a 4 min span, then after McCaw passed to NMS for the try he pulls a crazy big swinging arm to the back of his head. Revoke your NZ passport Kepu you muppet. 3 bits of foul play and no yellow.. And we got the rub of the green? Yeah right.

Did anyone else think, When Ben Smith was Yellow'd, that Nigel was about to present a Red? The camera angle here showed a red card in Nigel's hand as he pulled the cards out his pocket.

I'm coming across like a dick and I realise it but hear me out. 41:32 SBW offloads to NMS, our man Kepu makes yet another high tackle. Refs miss it and we score anyway but seriously, Kepu has pulled off 4 bits of foul play and escaped with only 2 penalties.

Yeah man he pulled 3 high shots off and a late tackle. He's a born and raised NZer hence my comment about his passport. Went to Wesley College.

Yeah, he made a few. I haven't seen all of them, but I know he targeted Carter and I guess they (correctly) felt they needed to take him out of the game at any cost.

I'm coming across like a dick and I realise it but hear me out. 41:32 SBW offloads to NMS, our man Kepu makes yet another high tackle. Refs miss it and we score anyway but seriously, Kepu has pulled off 4 bits of foul play and escaped with only 2 penalties.
Hmm, yeah. And notice what he does when NMS hits the ground - looks like he very deliberately scratches his nails across the face. I think there is enough evidence now to suggest that Kepu went out there in some kind of enforcer role.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, that was fine. It was Kuridrani but he never has a hand under a leg, seems to have both hands on butt cheeks and does lift Nonu off the ground but doesn't get past the horizontal. Plus McCaw is right there offering some protection to Nonu.

Haha and agin, 22:11 we are back on attack, Fardy goes elbows on the ground and kills our ruck ball.. Wallabies penalty. Should have been the other way. Seriously you can do this bull **** all day finding ref errors.
Nah again. Fair turnover to Fardy there. Excellent work in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it interesting that the only people who thought the ref was fantastic are all blacks supporters

I'm not saying the best team didn't win ; what I'm saying is that it gets a bit tiresome watching them play on the fringes of the rules and being allowed to get away with it. Note the difference in refereeing between this match and the drawn test. Nz were very tightly controlled by the ref and the game was an extremely good spectacle. This one was pathetic.

My concern is that having watched the ab s for 30 years there is a "whatever it takes " attitude that makes one want to go and watch lawn bowls. I was more impressed with the performances of Japan , Canada and Argentina than with the first line nations. The minows games were full of entertainment and spectacle. This final was more like being fed strichnine while being hit with a hammer. The poison makes you go numb from the extremities inward and the hammer just finishes the job. I enjoy a good game of rugby but this was pretty ordinary.
Ok, so your claim is that the All Blacks played on the fringes of the rules and were allowed to get away with it. The video of this match is easily available so would you care to backup your claim? I've already noted all of what I consider the "questionable" decisions throughout the match. Can you point to maybe 2 or 3 instances that backup what you are saying? Or are we expected to just take your assertion as fact? Yeah, good luck with that.