• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

If thats the case then Burgess shouldve gone for 10 to for the late high shot.
Yes he should of done (I've even said so) but the game was over then and butterfly effect of a Hooper yellow or red is dramatically different.

i know plenty of wales fans who support Ireland 2nd, myself included. though this was a general thing

Good to know, I was somewhat disappointed browsing threads here and seeing the contempt Welsh users had for Ireland! Despite Wales knocking us out last WC, guess who I was rooting for in the semis... I love a good Wales Ireland match too, definitely a bit of rivalry there which is fun to have, our 6N matches are always so tense!

That said I would absolutely love for Wales to win. But I really dont see that happening. No disrespect to the Welsh team but the injuries are too much and Australia are better. Huge respect for Wales so far in this tournament though, their never give in attitude is what I admire

But yeah, I dont see Wales winning this, so an all out attack from Australia seizing the opportunity would be great as a spectacle, personally... :p However it could be closer than I think, Wales are always full of surprises, the England match a no better example

Yes he should of done (I've even said so) but the game was over then and butterfly effect of a Hooper yellow or red is dramatically different.
Possible. But going on the English games so far you guys would of just fluffed it. Either way one decision does not make up for 20 points you lost by.

not sure this will make much of a difference to the outcome this saturday as they still have pocock

Possible. But going on the English games so far you guys would of just fluffed it. Either way one decision does not make up for 20 points you lost by.
Except at one point we were only 7 points behind in the second half (or did you just look at the end score?), you would of been down one of the players giving us the most trouble and had a defensive gap permently. If he gets banned that means he should of seen red.

Nobody knows what the result would of been had he gone off there are way too many variable's involved.

Anyway I don't particularly want to debate this (as it just comes off as sour grapes), I just wanted to point it out.

both teams should field their B teams. Neither need the practice with their A team as they are gelling already. therefore, give them a rest after what has been a tough few weeks. Ludicrous not to. It doesn't matter if tehy finish first or second in their pool; they have to beat the best to win the WC anyway.

I have a feeling Alun Wyn Jones is going to have a great match

Except at one point we were only 7 points behind in the second half (or did you just look at the end score?), you would of been down one of the players giving us the most trouble and had a defensive gap permently. If he gets banned that means he should of seen red.

Nobody knows what the result would of been had he gone off there are way too many variable's involved.

Anyway I don't particularly want to debate this (as it just comes off as sour grapes), I just wanted to point it out.
No i thoroughly enjoyed minute 1 to minute 80.

You right it does sound like sour grapes.
Would of made no difference and if burgess went off as well maybe it would of been a bigger bonus point win to us.
Dont want off topic then dont drop a off topic whinge in here

No i thoroughly enjoyed minute 1 to minute 80.

You right it does sound like sour grapes.
Would of made no difference and if burgess went off as well maybe it would of been a bigger bonus point win to us.
Dont want off topic then dont drop a off topic whinge in here

bro, don't be a sore winner. the man is hurting.

bro, don't be a sore winner.
All im doing is replying to an off topic comment.
I enjoyed the win. I think the Wallabies completely outplayed the english.
I dont like people who look for an excuse, drop it off topic in another thread, then back away from it saying its off topic. Its weak.
Besides the English have never been kind when beating us.

Will be interesting to see how Foley plays, assuming they will go with him. Is his superb performance able to be sustained, or was it a one off (at least at that level.)

If Hooper does get banned then I'd like to see more of McMahon. Definitely a promising young player, and is probably unlucky most other times that he's in a team which boasts names like Hooper and Pocock, thus limiting any time he deserves. Probably not the running game of Hooper quite yet, but not far off it. His stats are fairly comparable with Matt Todd in Super Rugby, who is an excellent attacking 7. (admittedly Todd has way more tries, but McMahon definitley creates opportunities for his team through the graft he puts in.)

I'd keep Quade Cooper well away from my starting 15 if I was Chekia. It's not a game you want to lose. Either road will be difficult, but if you lose - Springboks (who will be dangerous) in the QF, and if you get through that beast of a challenge then you get the honor of facing the All Blacks (on the assumption that the ABs make it through obviously).

Last edited:
It's on topic as this was where Hooper's citing actually has relevance, where it was first brought up and I'd rather not split that conversation over two thread, I'm not backing out of it just a debate over if/why/buts won't change a thing only to make me more angry/depressed over the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

By whole thing I meant England dropping out not just the Hooper incident I accept England may have still lost the match.

Good to know, I was somewhat disappointed browsing threads here and seeing the contempt Welsh users had for Ireland! Despite Wales knocking us out last WC, guess who I was rooting for in the semis... I love a good Wales Ireland match too, definitely a bit of rivalry there which is fun to have, our 6N matches are always so tense!

That said I would absolutely love for Wales to win. But I really dont see that happening. No disrespect to the Welsh team but the injuries are too much and Australia are better. Huge respect for Wales so far in this tournament though, their never give in attitude is what I admire

But yeah, I dont see Wales winning this, so an all out attack from Australia seizing the opportunity would be great as a spectacle, personally... :p However it could be closer than I think, Wales are always full of surprises, the England match a no better example

I agree, as much as I'd love us to win this I can't see it happening. If we do lose and face the boks I fancy our chances in that game

I agree, as much as I'd love us to win this I can't see it happening. If we do lose and face the boks I fancy our chances in that game

I think it would be a mistake to rather face the Boks. Anyways, I rated Wales and Ireland before the WC. I just think injuries took away any chances Wales had of going past the quarters......

Unlike England who, before Saturday, had beaten Australia the last three occasions they met in RWCs, Wales have not beaten Australia in their last ten matches against them, going back to 2008.

I'll also point out again that it strikes me as a little fishy, and rather unfair, that Wales are playing many of their matches at the Millennium Stadium and therefore having home advantage in ENGLAND'S World Cup. This should not have been allowed and you can only imagine the outcry from Welsh fans had Wales been the host nation instead but England get to play many of their matches at Twickenham. It's all very fishy, as well as the fact that England, Wales and Australia were all drawn together in the same group, when they shouldn't have been.

I just wonder if Wales would have qualified for the Quarter Finals had they not been given an unfair home advantage and made to play all their games in England.

Hooper is a dirty ****ly player, I often see him doing dodgy stuff, looks like a pain in the ass to play against, seems like the sort of bloke to kick you when you're down and punch you when no ones looking. I don't condone or support that sort of behavior or player, wish he'd clean his act up.

Unlike England who, before Saturday, had beaten Australia the last three occasions they met in RWCs, Wales have not beaten Australia in their last ten matches against them, going back to 2008.

I'll also point out again that it strikes me as a little fishy, and rather unfair, that Wales are playing many of their matches at the Millennium Stadium and therefore having home advantage in ENGLAND'S World Cup. This should not have been allowed and you can only imagine the outcry from Welsh fans had Wales been the host nation instead but England get to play many of their matches at Twickenham. It's all very fishy, as well as the fact that England, Wales and Australia were all drawn together in the same group, when they shouldn't have been.

I just wonder if Wales would have qualified for the Quarter Finals had they not been given an unfair home advantage and made to play all their games in England.

Batsy, I have been reading this forum for a few months now but never posted but I feel obliged to make my first post in reply to your comment about Wales playing games in Cardiff.

In 1999 when Wales was the host nation various games went to other stadiums in the UK and Ireland. I don't know which games they were but I know that England played a few games in Twickenham. The deal was then that Wales would have a few games in Cardiff when England eventually hosted the tournament. The two games Wales have played at home were against Uraguay and Fiji, neither were the most significant of matches in this pool and having attended the Uraguay match I can say from personal experience that the atmosphere was not that of your average home game and at times will have been more of a disadvantage.

I am not the first person to say this to you but please listen on this occasion. It is not unfair nor does it give Wales an advantage it does, however, spread the much needed income across the British Isles and make for a more diverse and enjoyable tournament.

Cheers

Latest posts