• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

Australia are a hot-cold team. Wales by 10.

I definitely agree with you that they can be hot cold, but I really think it would take quite something for Wales to win with all their injuries against a full strength Australia. Not saying it isn't possible though.

Australia by 12.

I definitely agree with you that they can be hot cold, but I really think it would take quite something for Wales to win with all their injuries against a full strength Australia. Not saying it isn't possible though.

Australia by 12.

Not quite full strength... Folau now likely to be out and Hooper will probably cop a suspension for his clean out (apparently Sam Burgess's forearm to Hooper's head was cool though)

I'm not going to even try and predict what will happen, because logic would tell you to look at the last 10 encounters. At the end of the day Wales have a line in front of them that they haven't managed to cross in quite some time. I believe we can do it, but it just depends on too many factors. Either way I hope the result isn't decided by a yellow card on either side, just looking for a good game against two very impressive sides. And maybe, just maybe...a pretty damn significant win for Wales.

I'd go with :

James
Owens
Lee
Charteris
Wyn Jones
Warburton
Toby
Tipuric

Davies
Biggar
North
Roberts
Hook
Williams
Morgan

Hook and Morgan are game changers and I think they have to be in and Lydiate needs to rest that eye and having two 7's might be the way to go against the Aussies

Wales have this in the bag. Just one week ago, at training, the Wallabies phoned the police after discovering a strange white substance on the field. After some investigation it was found to be the Try line. Seriously, Wales have this by 10 (at least).

Wales have this in the bag. Just one week ago, at training, the Wallabies phoned the police after discovering a strange white substance on the field. After some investigation it was found to be the Try line. Seriously, Wales have this by 10 (at least).
That would be funny if we hadn't of scored the most trys in the competition so far.......

I'd go with :

James
Owens
Lee
Charteris
Wyn Jones
Warburton
Toby
Tipuric

Davies
Biggar
North
Roberts
Hook
Williams
Morgan

Hook and Morgan are game changers and I think they have to be in and Lydiate needs to rest that eye and having two 7's might be the way to go against the Aussies

Agreed on just about everything there but disagree about Hook I'm afraid, not seen anything to suggest he's a game changer in recent times. I'd sooner keep Tyler Morgan in and let him get some more game time.

Tricky with Matthew Morgan though...thought he looked very good against Fiji whereas Cuthbert once again looked totally lost. So either Morgan or Liam Williams on the wing but I'd maybe switch it around form the way you have it.

Also - Hooper just confirmed as being banned for one week, so out of the Wales game.

Would love to see Wales win this.It'll give the competition a real SH vs NH vibe to from the quarter finals onwards, swapping Argentina and the winner of pool D excluded.

Can't see it happening though, the Aussies will have it in the front row and more importantly the backrow if Wales aren't at their very, very best. It's a game for Tipuric and Warburton in my opinion but I don't see Gats going for that. Australia by <10, 3 tries to 1.

Hooper is banned for one game, and will miss the Wales game.

That's discounting those ruled out of the tournament I take it.

Yea of course, so basically all our recently wounded such as Liam Williams, Dan lydiate, Bradley Davies and Paul James are available for selection

Haha might not be strong enough for the win but with all our current squad fit should at least be a little closer......I hope

It'll definitely not be a romping win, even if we manage one. No Hooper and no Folau are big blows and Wales are a better run side than England. Not sure why anyone would be dismissive of either sides chances.

It'll definitely not be a romping win, even if we manage one. No Hooper and no Folau are big blows and Wales are a better run side than England. Not sure why anyone would be dismissive of either sides chances.

Who do you think will slot into full back for you guys? And how do you rate him.

Who do you think will slot into full back for you guys? And how do you rate him.

Almost certainly Beale - he slots in there for Folau for the Tahs and has a solid combination with Foley. They'll then bring Mitchell in for Horne on the wing, or maybe give Speight another crack

Unlike England who, before Saturday, had beaten Australia the last three occasions they met in RWCs, Wales have not beaten Australia in their last ten matches against them, going back to 2008.

I'll also point out again that it strikes me as a little fishy, and rather unfair, that Wales are playing many of their matches at the Millennium Stadium and therefore having home advantage in ENGLAND'S World Cup. This should not have been allowed and you can only imagine the outcry from Welsh fans had Wales been the host nation instead but England get to play many of their matches at Twickenham. It's all very fishy, as well as the fact that England, Wales and Australia were all drawn together in the same group, when they shouldn't have been.

I just wonder if Wales would have qualified for the Quarter Finals had they not been given an unfair home advantage and made to play all their games in England.

Somebody else that struggles with WC history, 1999 Wales were hosts and agreed to give home games to England, Scotland, Ireland and France in return for future fixtures for us at home, France reciprocated by allowing Wales to host 4 games in 2007 (We gave them 8 in 1999) England have given us some this time round (We gave them 9 in 1999)
Incidentally All of Englands group games were allowed to take place in England in 1999 as were the other home nations and France.
So now you have the facts, we have not had unfair home advantage, our hardest 2 matches at Twickenham, stop looking for excuses as to why England are out, its these type of uninformed comments that serve to wind people up.

- - - Updated - - -

So realistically, what Wales is hoping to achieve is to beat Australia, then Scotland, then New Zealand, or if they lose to Australia, then beat South Africa, then New Zealand, to get to a final...

I wish them the best of luck!

Thanks, best of luck to your boys as well.

Hooper will most likely be banned for the wales game as he has been cited.

[video]https://youtu.be/0Aeq2lJlu64[/video]

And who was the ref standing in clear view of the incident in question!!!!!
Get rid of this incompetent buffoon.

Latest posts