• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: Namibia vs. Georgia (07/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Namibia.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Georgia.png

Sandy Park, Exeter (07/10/2015, 20:00)
Pool C, Round 4

Referee: George Clancy
23px-IRFU_flag.svg.png

Georgia :
CQj98ZaUcAExLz7.png

16-Shalva Mamukashvili, 17-Karlen Asieshvili, 18-Anton Peikrishvili, 19-Levan Datunashvili, 20-Lasha Lomidze,
21-Giorgi Begadze, 22-Giorgi Aptsiauri, 23-Beka Tsiklauri

Namibia :
CQkLsfLWIAAKPic.png

16-Louis van der Westhuizen, 17-Jaco Engels, 18-Johan Coetzee, 19-Wian Conradie, 20-Rohan Kitshoff
21-Johan Tromp, 22-Damian Stevens, 23-Heinrich Smit

Last edited:
Looking forwards to this game and hoping Georgia can seal their most succesful world cup to date.

I would expect the Georgians to dominate the scrum but the backrow battle is going to be brutal with all 6 players across the two teams being battering rams. Having read a bit about how the Georgian backs are supposed to be a bit more useful these days with Sharikadze and Malaguradze in the mix I'm interested to see whether they let them play a bit too.

As for Namibia does anyone know why they dropped their 12 from the New Zealand game (Deysel?)? He looked useful both with the try and a couple of big hits he put in.

Definitely a battle of the heavy weights. Who ever wins this, wins the championship.

Definitely a battle of the heavy weights. Who ever wins this, wins the championship.
very polite...

I think we are gonna showcase more skills today... or at least I hope so.

Can't wait to the collision between Gorgodze and Burger

This could be a fun game. They way Burger was warming up was rated-R. :D

Georgia should really be winning this but are 6-0 down and just got a yellow with the penalty to come.

A long way to go still but is the upset on the cards? I'd be ecstatic if our neighbors managed their first ever RWC win. They got a lot of stick before the tournament with most saying they shouldn't be here but they've been part of the 'minnows' showing improvement.

I just can't understand why their better players in the CC don't turn out for them. Probably the money is better playing for the Cheetahs, Sharks etc than for Namibia. The closest any of them are to making a Bok squad is Anton Bresler who though a very handy lock won't get a look in ahead of Etzebeth, De Jager, Du Toit, 4 Van der Merwes, Kruger, Matfield, Lewies, Mostert, Botha, Bekker and a whole host of other players.

EDIT: I see all of Bothma, Van Jaarsveld and Kitshoff are there so though its not a full house I see some of the CC players have turned out for Namibia which is great! It'd be awesome to see one of Madagascar, Kenya or Zimbabwe get a look in as well in the future (maybe an expanded tournament?) but Namibia needs to stake a claim here!

Last edited:
God i love rugby wolrd cups.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: got my answer

Last edited:
We have officially entered football extra time :D

- - - Updated - - -

This is one weird first half

This is the weirdest first half i've ever seen. It has everything. Even the first Namibian card time is running off in extra time. Hilarious !!

surly he should of awarded a penalty try by now?

Namibia (and this game) needs uncontested scrums.

Are Georgia trying to tire Namibia (the less professional outfit) out?

Latest posts