• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 2: New Zealand vs. France (17/10/2015)

Maybe they've finally realised he should be at prop instead of center?

He'd be a great flank; Bastareaud does a very good Stefon Armitage impersonation.
I would really try it, nothing to lose at this point.
He couldn't jump in the lineout though.

I have no real concerns with that starting team. A fair few people are being negative on various social media outlets, but that's always the way right? If I'm being really picky and looking for something to mention beyond just a "yes, that's the team I expected" type comment, then it'd be that I hope a couple of our bench players really step up if any of the main 15 go down. Specifically I'm looking at Kerr Barlow and Faumuina. TKB might be suited to this match if it gets tight or we need a bit of extra muscle in the trenches close to the line - but I just hope he takes the right decisions if he's required when it comes to passing. Obviously Faumuina isn't our best scrummaging prop, and Moody will be there, but Charlie will need to be at the top of his game if called upon. Will cross my fingers Crockett doesn't get pinged much in the scrums. I've been angling for him to start for ages now, so I hope he does well. As pedantic as Nigel Owens may be, we do seem to interpret him pretty well and get on with his personality.

What France seems likely to look like on Saturday:
Ben Arous - Guirado - Slimani
Papé - Maestri
Dusautoir (c) - Picamoles - Le Roux
Parra - Michalak
Dumoulin - Fofana
Dulin - Spedding - Nakaitaci

Kockott to also replace Tillous-Borde on the bench, who doesn't make the match sheet.
Nyanga instead of Chouly on the bench

Bravo Chistera, you guessed right like 99% of us. Are they predictable or wot :eek:

This selection is an indictment of the staff's choices. They've gone back over their decision of the last 2 yrs for SH, centre & 7.
Parra's make-up and play-making have been screaming for him to start every game. Yet he has been systematically benched since he returned from injury even though he did recapture his form with his club. No one knows why. If our backs could side step and bamboozle the opposition like PSA-Lagisquet have with their anal selections & coaching, we'd be World Champs by now.
Morgan has made 2 finals last season with his club. What else is he supposed to do? Change sex? How come seasoned test players like Parra & Fofana play with such confidence for their club but go AWol in selection? If this isn't a coaching issue, must be the weather.
Parra's confidence is down to his socks when he is naturally a confident player. Benching a petit general is the worst thing they could have done to him. The staff only needed to look at Clermont to get only a vague clue. Now they are forced to start him because STB's limitations have been exposed as we knew they would v a tier 1 side. STB, PSA's all-time favourite lick, doesn't even make the bench when the staff have tried for 3 yrs to turn him into the No1 SH he never was.
STB was always a 3rd choice SH. At test level he is a tractor IMO. We must be the only tier 1 nation that have picked 2 HB pairs fit to play tier 2 nations. STB Tales Dumoulin are good league players but at test level they're tractors. I don't know how Kockott who makes the bench fits in this mess.
Dumoulin's inclusion in the group must be a bad joke. Does anyone realise that he's never scored a try at test level? This is what we pick in a QF to face the ABs. Weheee.
I keep saying we're our worst enemy. If they had tried to deliberately scupper the team, they couldn't have done a better job. What do they see in Dumoulin? His coach at Racing Laurent Labit said he couldn't figure out what he was doing in the RWC squad. He has done nohting all season (partly thru injury).
Let's leave out leaders. They don't want a repeat of 2011 with an embarrassing display of player power. This staff is no Marc Bunny Lievremont. They're the FFr Muppet Show Triumvirate.Let's bring in Don Blancorleone to rein in the boys. Feed them rugby 80s BS pep talks that sure as hell have fallen on deaf ears.
let's bench that little ****head of Parra. He can boss the game for us, kick the goals, boss the pack but let's not admit we're wrong.
Fact is they have brought on Parra everytime STB has got exposed for the average SH we know he is.They have consistently used key players who could make a difference as fill-gaps to shore up their own coaching and selection blunders. Yet they deny them the confidence to start games. Atrocious coaching.

Never seen Louis Picamoles play solo like he does now. He didn't learn that in Toulouse. He needs a proper 7 and he got Chouly's ghost instead in the last game. He needs a 7 like Nyanga at Toulouse. They've only won 3 european Cups and 2 league ***les together!! Another successful club combo ignored. What do I know?!I almost forgot Nyanga is actually in the squad, so did he probably. No doubt Yannick who makes the bench and may get a 10 min cameo (if lucky) can't wait to go home to his club...to PLAY.

Fofana's been crying out for a distributor in the centre. The staff have fielded the same centre pairs for 2 shagging yrs with the same useless outcome. Philippe is this why we're no longer unpredictable what dya reckon.

There's not one club in T14 today that operates along those lines :huh:

In the last game we ignored 4 clear overlap situations in the 1st half alone incl. a 6 on 3, without even trying to play one of them. Let's bish bash our way back trhu the middle go to ground again with a bit of luck we might succeed in burying the ball altogether.

All the competitive club combos have been ignored:
Parra-Lopez at Clermont
FTD-Pelissié at Montpellier in 2013-14
Bastareau-Mermoz at Toulon - they've only won 3 CCups together and 1 league ***le!!
Rougerie-Fofana at Clermont
Toulouse backrow
etc
Machenaud was the best SH last season and best back for Racing. And he can goal kick too. Ignored.we have a backs division with over a 100 caps at home, inccl. players with more experience but actually younger as well!! Michalak is 34. Tales is 31 with a mere 7 or8 caps.

I bet Hansen gave his video analyst the week off. I would. There's more important games coming.

In 2007 we had a great man motivator in Laporte and real leaders. We had leaders in 2011 again. None of that today. No leadership. No grunt. No interest. No game plan other than bish bash kick Repeat ad nauseam - don't pass- save your hands for your next p****.

Home George!

Last edited:
@FrenchFan......cannot disagree with anything you say there yet the Kiwis are quaking in their boots!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo Chistera, you guessed right like 99% of us. Are they predictable or wot :eek:

This selection is an indictment of the staff's choices. They've gone back over their decision of the last 2 yrs for SH, centre & 7.
Parra's make-up and play-making have been screaming for him to start every game. Yet he has been systematically benched since he returned from injury even though he did recapture his form with his club. No one knows why. If our backs could side step and bamboozle the opposition like PSA-Lagisquet have with their anal selections & coaching, we'd be World Champs by now.
Morgan has made 2 finals last season with his club. What else is he supposed to do? Change sex? How come seasoned test players like Parra & Fofana play with such confidence for their club but go AWol in selection? If this isn't a coaching issue, must be the weather.
Parra's confidence is down to his socks when he is naturally a confident player. Benching a petit general is the worst thing they could have done to him. The staff only needed to look at Clermont to get only a vague clue. Now they are forced to start him because STB's limitations have been exposed as we knew they would v a tier 1 side. STB, PSA's all-time favourite lick, doesn't even make the bench when the staff have tried for 3 yrs to turn him into the No1 SH he never was.
STB was always a 3rd choice SH. At test level he is a tractor IMO. We must be the only tier 1 nation that have picked 2 HB pairs fit to play tier 2 nations. STB Tales Dumoulin are good league players but at test level they're tractors. I don't know how Kockott who makes the bench fits in this mess.
Dumoulin's inclusion in the group must be a bad joke. Does anyone realise that he's never scored a try at test level? This is what we pick in a QF to face the ABs. Weheee.
I keep saying we're our worst enemy. If they had tried to deliberately scupper the team, they couldn't have done a better job. What do they see in Dumoulin? His coach at Racing Laurent Labit said he couldn't figure out what he was doing in the RWC squad. He has done nohting all season (partly thru injury).
Let's leave out leaders. They don't want a repeat of 2011 with an embarrassing display of player power. This staff is no Marc Bunny Lievremont. They're the FFr Muppet Show Triumvirate.Let's bring in Don Blancorleone to rein in the boys. Feed them rugby 80s BS pep talks that sure as hell have fallen on deaf ears.
let's bench that little ****head of Parra. He can boss the game for us, kick the goals, boss the pack but let's not admit we're wrong.
Fact is they have brought on Parra everytime STB has got exposed for the average SH we know he is.They have consistently used key players who could make a difference as fill-gaps to shore up their own coaching and selection blunders. Yet they deny them the confidence to start games. Atrocious coaching.

Never seen Louis Picamoles play solo like he does now. He didn't learn that in Toulouse. He needs a proper 7 and he got Chouly's ghost instead in the last game. He needs a 7 like Nyanga at Toulouse. They've only won 3 european Cups and 2 league ***les together!! Another successful club combo ignored. What do I know?!I almost forgot Nyanga is actually in the squad, so did he probably. No doubt Yannick who makes the bench and may get a 10 min cameo (if lucky) can't wait to go home to his club...to PLAY.

Fofana's been crying out for a distributor in the centre. The staff have fielded the same centre pairs for 2 shagging yrs with the same useless outcome. Philippe is this why we're no longer unpredictable what dya reckon.

There's not one club in T14 today that operates along those lines :huh:

In the last game we ignored 4 clear overlap situations in the 1st half alone incl. a 6 on 3, without even trying to play one of them. Let's bish bash our way back trhu the middle go to ground again with a bit of luck we might succeed in burying the ball altogether.

All the competitive club combos have been ignored:
Parra-Lopez at Clermont
FTD-Pelissié at Montpellier in 2013-14
Bastareau-Mermoz at Toulon - they've only won 3 CCups together and 1 league ***le!!
Rougerie-Fofana at Clermont
Toulouse backrow
etc
Machenaud was the best SH last season and best back for Racing. And he can goal kick too. Ignored.we have a backs division with over a 100 caps at home, inccl. players with more experience but actually younger as well!! Michalak is 34. Tales is 31 with a mere 7 or8 caps.

I bet Hansen gave his video analyst the week off. I would. There's more important games coming.

In 2007 we had a great man motivator in Laporte and real leaders. We had leaders in 2011 again. None of that today. No leadership. No grunt. No interest. No game plan other than bish bash kick Repeat ad nauseam - don't pass- save your hands for your next p****.

Home George!

You perfectly summed up what's wrong with our rugby institutions, PSA and his staff and French rugby as a whole, barely anything to add.
PSA has tried to use the top 14 as an excuse for his repeated failures while I'm convinced that France has the best reservoir of players in Europe. Our staff has refused, for the last 4 years, to select our best performers but has rather tried to call up players to stick like machines to a simplistic and ineffective playing style instead of letting their creativity and talent free.
You're right, they've been reluctant to select numerous succesful club partnerships, the latter being Stade Français's mostly French side (10+ of their starters) which was greatly overlooked. Burban and Danty were both in the Top 14's team of the season but didn't even make the extended squad.
Also, and what I think is most outrageous on PSA's part, our best performing scrum-half, fly-half and centers were not picked for the World Cup: Machenaud (Bézy being the second best), Trinh-Duc, Mermoz and Danty. They're as well younger than the players selected in their stead, all of them being at their peak on their way to it.

Anyway, for 4 years every French fan lamented over Saint-André's selection and he never gave a ****, viciously calling up Trinh-Duc in the end only to drop him the objectively inferior Talès, so good riddance and let's hope that he doesn't find another role in French rugby anytime soon.

The French might be a poor team but I'm still worried. If there's 10 minutes left of play and the game is within 1 try-conversion, I don't think I'll have any finger nails left.

If the French are going to go out they may as well go down fighting. Looking forward to this game even more now.

@FrenchFan......cannot disagree with anything you say there yet the Kiwis are quaking in their boots!!!!

Not quite quaking in our boots, Tony. Just cautious based on prior outcomes. If we were as dismissive as you guys we'd get labelled arrogant.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the French are going to go out they may as well go down fighting. Looking forward to this game even more now.

I'm starting to think more and more that the French will not be blown away as I previously thought. NZ's front row is just not that good from a scrummaging perspective, their back row is horribly off form, and Conrad Smith is being carried (in attack anyway). If France's back row can impose itself on the without-confidence Read and Kaino then it will be a close game.

France by deux pts!

French reports that the players would have taken over, annoyed by PSA's "lack of charisma" and Blanco's "omnipresence in team matters".
Parra back into the starting line-up being the sign that the reigns have been handed back to the players.

edit: glad that my 200th post serves to announce these uplifting news!

Last edited:
French reports that the players would have taken over, annoyed by PSA's "lack of charisma" and Blanco's "omnipresence in team matters".
Parra back into the starting line-up being the sign that the reigns have been handed back to the players.

edit: glad that my 200th post serves to announce these uplifting news!

It's over for the All Blacks! Pack your bags boys!

Ah yes, nothing like firing your coach at the last minute to inspire a team to victory...

The All Blacks will show their muscle at this test for sure. I expect the final score to read 82-3 NZ.

I get that PSA is crap. But what is it with French players? 2010 soccer world cup, 2011 RWC, 2015 RWC. Dusatoir has now been French captain for his second mutiny..

I don't expect this to alter France's competitiveness tbh. Same as 2011.

Last edited:
I reckon its nothing but mind games aswell. Why wait until a WC has started every 4 years to start acting up like this? Its nothing but mind games imo.

But if its true questions need to be asked of Dusatoir's leadership.

Latest posts