• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 3: Ireland vs. Argentina (18/10/2015)

Looks Euro-slow rugby is coming to a close in it's entirety. Strictly on coincidence the Southern Hemisphere will win another World Cup. Not enough exciting penalty kicks out there to bail out Europe.

I like the Irish, but there's no doubt that the Pumas have played a much more positive game tonight... by contrast, the Irish have played like the Pumas circa 2007 - a lot of percentage high balls and not enough confidence or enterprise with the ball in hand.

To think Ireland are the 6N champions and the Pumas have been no where near an RC championship yet. Goes to show the conditioning the RC provides

Try carajo!!!!!!!!

En realidad estoy seguro que dice "You may award the try".

On a side note, suck on that Ireland!

- - - Updated - - -

En realidad estoy seguro que dice "You may award the try".

On a side note, suck on that Ireland!

Chupame la pija!!!!! Mira si voy a escribir bien con estos nervios!!!

Disfruta el partido carajo!

Does tuculet just massively up his level when he pulls on a pumas jersey?

Fair play to the Pumas. Excellent to watch, really incisive when it was on.

For our part, I don't think we could have expected to win with the injuries we'd suffered. I know it sounds somewhat cheap, but it'd have been hard to pick 5 guys we could have lost who'd have been more important than who we were without today.

In any case, good game, best of luck to the Pumas.

Well played Pumas................good for you Conrad!! Enjoy!

Well, I was wrong. Well done Argentina. I was very wrong. I'll comment later when I'm less emotional.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I was wrong. Well done Argentina. I was very wrong. I'll comment later when I'm less emotional.

I like the Irish, but there's no doubt that the Pumas have played a much more positive game tonight... by contrast, the Irish have played like the Pumas circa 2007 - a lot of percentage high balls and not enough confidence or enterprise with the ball in hand.

To think Ireland are the 6N champions and the Pumas have been no where near an RC championship yet. Goes to show the conditioning the RC provides

Ireland are also missing some of their strongest players, it's a sad day to see Paul O'Connell watching his team lose from a seat in the stands when he knows would have made all the difference on that pitch. The impact of losing O'Mahony, Sexton, O'Connell and O'Brien all at once has been felt, as well as Payne. So for whoever says that as Ireland are the 6N champions, and it shows how much worse NH rugby is, I would argue this Ireland team is different to the 6N team as we were missing so many of our really influential players. The Argentinians played a good game, and when it came down to it on the day, we just couldn't keep up.

I still question that call from the ref on the second shoulder charge, especially as the player had already been yellow carded and Hooper was banned for doing something similar.

Heaslip looks absolutely devastated.

Southern Hemisphere is trending on twitter

"4th best in the Southern Hemisphere.

Has just taken the best in the Northern Hemisphere, and torn them a new one"

"Japan is the only country at #RWC2015 to have beaten a Southern Hemisphere country."."

Predictable results, wich shows how much france is weak. Argentina can upset everybody this year. 2 years of work after their revolution and argentina is already that good. That should push nh to do the same changes.

What a game by the Pumas. No words to describe it.
Its unfair to mention some individual players when MOM was the team, but a massive performance by some youngsters, especially Matera, Moroni, (replacing Bosch), Lavanini, Cordero and the ones coming from the bench, Montoya (replacing our great captain and probably the best hooker around) and Isa.
And also massive game by Fernández Lobbe, Imhoff and Tuculet.

And....this is for you TONY MANX... maybe next WC dude!!!!!
NH, this is the best you have? Sad, really sad...

It's great having England out off the tournament, the Rugby quality as been excellent, not boring slogs with horrible media!

Feel for the Irish with their injuries.. just got to have depth for those exact reasons. Bad luck boys.

Maybe, but it doesn't account for SA v Wales/Japan. Still, the 6N is exposed as an inferior product, yet it keeps bringing in the bucks. Arg v Ire + NZ v France have been two of the best RWC grudge matches over the years - but that's all over now.

Pumas were fantastic, their first twenty minutes as dominant as anything in the tournament, their final ten a romp home against crushed opposition. Great mix of beauty and grunt. Only weakness is a bit of confused defending.

Assuming Scotland go down the plughole, the semis are going to be thunder and lightning.

ps. was wee Maradona at the stadium today?

omg omg omg omg

This is a three week competition, everyone loses players and the less you lose the most chances you get.

In favor of the irish I must say that most of them were humble and reasonable guys who saw this coming, I'm sad that such a good team had to go by a difference of +20.

The truth is this team from Argentina has many young people and they are stupid and behave like stupid ones. Those penalties, that part of the game they were almost giving the match to Ireland. Other teams will not forgive that.

I am rooting for Scotland, they are the most convenient team for us to face. Australia plays the same rugby as us, they just do it better. Scotland suits us better.

Cheers

Latest posts