• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

Just a thought, can Scotland change their named team?

Interesting that the NRL has similar problems - I'd hoped the inconsistencies in union were an amateur hangover!

Quite literally almost the exact same scenario occurred in the lead up to the finals actually. The findings on concussion have had huge ramifications for high tackles and shoulder charges here, and the NRL sent out an edict that they had to wipe them out. The result was the review committees of matches giving massive bans for even innocuous seeming shoulder tackles. One player copped a week for a player RUNNING INTO his shoulder... a couple weeks later a few more players copped similarly ridiculous bans and as it was in the lead up to finals they figured the risk of a challenge was worth it. The result? ALL the players that challenged that weekend got their entire bans reversed.

As you say, common sense prevailed, but not before some seriously ridiculous over reactions.

Dont forget Super-Mario, the scrum coach of Australia...wallabies are a new animal in that department.

Eh? You mean theyd have been better off without their two best forwards?

No, I think what was meant was more the disruption this farce has brought to Scotland's preparation for today's game.

That said, I'm sure both players would have been very much involved this week in case this was the outcome.

Last edited:
No, I think what was meant was more the disruption this farce has brought to Scotland's preparation for today's game.

That said, I'm sure both players would have been very much involved this week in case this was the outcome.

Yeah, I can't imagine they wouldn't have been... You don't plan an appeal for players and not prepare for the possibility of success.

Yeah, I can't imagine they wouldn't have been... You don't plan an appeal for players and not prepare for the possibility of success.
How often is an appeal successful though? Most teams do it if they feel the committee was wrong but few think it will amount to anything.

How often is an appeal successful though? Most teams do it if they feel the committee was wrong but few think it will amount to anything.

Well to be fair this year there have been a few cases that have been reversed. Hooper in the RC comes to mind. The judiciary has just been so all over the place this year that it's very much pot luck.

What I do find odd is how they entirely reversed this decision, but only saw fit to bring down Tuilagi's ban to 2 weeks from 5... Given that the Scottish players offense was undoubtedly worse than simply running into someone, you have to wonder what is going on at World Rugby.

The message seems clear though, if you're from the Islands there's a very different set of rules to the old powers

The message seems clear though, if you're from the Islands there's a very different set of rules to the old powers

I believe the committe who overturned the decision included gentlemen from NZ, SA and Canada. I don't think it's based on country of origin but rather an incredible amount of poor judgement and inconsistency.

SANZAR has aways been gutless though. Especially standing up to the northern hemisphere

God here we go Scotland the only hope of the NH

Ben Kay moment from Aus!

I presume the slowness of the forum and the difficulty of getting on is what is holding back comments on this match?

Note - This has taken 10 minutes of trying if it goes through this time!!!!

What was that from Australia? Worst defence I've seen from us all year

Scotland in the lead......if the worst of the NH beats the best of SH....

I have said I will shave my head if Scotland win before the match started.

I really wasn't expecting this when I said that.

Scotland in the lead......if the worst of the NH beats the best of SH....

Can we blame injuries too? :p .

Seriously though, the Wallabies really don't handle favouritism well... The Scots playing very well too. Though I feel like we're getting a pretty raw deal in the scrums.

Damn it was hoping the hubris of kicking to the corner would appear....

Latest posts