• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

Anyone else notice that during the 3rd quarter of matches, The Wallaby defense tires for a while? That should really work well for them, given the All Blacks step it up a gear at the 60th minute.
They kicked an awful lot of ball away today not sure they'll do the same vs ABs

They kicked an awful lot of ball away today not sure they'll do the same vs ABs

Well I bloody hope not, but I've seen us do that against the ABs before, and it doesn't end well

Well, what's the alternate? Defend from the Wallaby 22 for 80mins? They'll have to kick it away :lol:

Well I bloody hope not, but I've seen us do that against the ABs before, and it doesn't end well
Likewise, i've watched the ABs persist with kicking ball back to the wallibies. That didn't end well either. Pretty hard to control a game and score tries with out any possession, especially against quality opponents

Oh dear! It just shows you, how internet messages can give the wrong impression. You have no idea who I am, so you have jumped to the wrong conclusion. I am a seventy-one year old grandmother, who has watched husband, son and now grandsons, playing rugby for over fifty years!

Yep and your anti-All Black resentment is clearly evident if you're referring to any All Black game as "boring". Amazing the bubble of denial and delusion some of you live in.

Australia played pretty well so credit to them. Pocock was a machine at the breakdown again. But the thing that stood out to me the most was that Argentina jsut werent ready for this level of contest. They were like deers in headlights in that first half. I dont know if the coaching was poor, or if they just didnt execute the strategy that the coach had asked for. Either way that first half was pretty bad from them and they had effectively lost the game by half time. It will be good experience for them, but it is perhaps one that got away. If they had played with a bit more control, more filed position, and committed more players to the breakdown then I think they could have been in with a shot to win that one.

Also I need to watch it again, but there were a heck of a lot of loopy passes from the base of the ruck going back about 5 meters to flat footed forwards. It was very strange to watch. I presume it wasnt the half back throwing them, but either way it was really average.

With all that said we have definately got the final that has the best two teams. It will be really interesting to see that strategy that comes into play. Unilke the ABs v SA where both teams knew exactly what the other was going to bring, in this game I think there is far less certainty. Under Cheika these teams have I think only met twice with OZ fielding very different teams on each occassion. I think the ABs will have a fair idea of what OZ will bring, but I dont think anyone is very sure how the ABs will counter it. In particular the breakdown will be interesting. I assume the ABs will committ more players than they did the first game when the Ozzies won. Either way I am looking forward to how it will unfold but certainly the most deserving teams are there!!

Well done to Australia for making it to the Big dance. But boy that game could have been much closer if the Argies didn't have that shocking start. I mean it was all their fault, cardinal sin attacking from their own 22 right from the beginning. That led to the intercept try and error giving Australia scrum for AAC try.

Argentina played smarter in the 2nd half but couldn't crack the D.
Australian defence looks really tough to crack, even if you do break the line there is a high risk of turnover as their Backrow are fantastic.

But this shapes up to be the perfect final (possibly RWC history?), the two best teams in the RWC, number 1 vs number 2 according to rankings. Both teams sweep pass the pretenders and battled against the contenders.

Argentina played with a whole lot of passion but they were never in it. It seemed like they just didn't know how to win a massive knockout game making so many bad decisions.

Pocock was massive. I have no idea how we are meant to stop him next week. If we somehow figure that out, I reckon our chance of winning is pretty high.

Here we go Advance Australia Fair, yeah I hate the Wallabies and I hate Australian sport and hope you lose at everything because I hate your sportsmen because they're a pack of sh*ts, from your cricket to tennis players and you've had the rub of the green the whole tournament and don't deserve to be in the Semi-Final.

What a stupid rant from a completely stupid fool!

lol oh right, I forgot about Cooper. But no, Cooper cannot play against the All Blacks. His meltdowns are especially awful against them and that's not what we need in a WC final.

Go on play Quade, I dare yah, lol.

Yes, Cooper could be the magic touch the Wallabies need. I too think Wallabies should play Cooper. Absolutely.

*wishful thinking*

To be fair I actually like Quade, but he does have massive brainfarts especially vs the abs.

We'll see on the weekend. Everyone is going to say Pocock but I think you'll find Mccaw's smarter than Pocock on the weekend when it really matters.

Pocock, is far better at this stage of McCaw's career. McCaw is far better over his total career for the time been as Pocock has quite a few years to go. Plus McCaw has had the captaincy to deal with and as a team leader has proved his worth over a mountain of years.

In my opinion Pocock is better than McCaw at jackling the ball, McCaw is better at spoiling/slowing opposition ruck ball. Both are great players.

Latest posts