• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Super Rugby] Blues vs. Lions (Round 4) 07/03/2015

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How guys like JK and Mark Hammett and Todd Blackadder get fast rtacked to head jobs while the likes of Schmidt and Cotter have never had a go is mind boggling.

Exactly this! What success did Blackadder have as a coach before being made Crusaders head coach? An assistant role with Scotland and a part as director of rugby for Tasman. Meanwhile we had Rod Penney win five ***les with Canterbury and still get overlooked. Dave Rennie had to wait year and years of not being the Hurricanes coach (despite improving Manawatu massively, winning the NPC with Wellington, winning everything with the U20s) for him finally to get a look in at the Chiefs with Ian Foster, who had eight years of not winning anything. Jamie Joseph was appointed as the Highlanders coach based off presumably his work with Wellington (who never won the NPC with him in charge), and some strong performances from the Maori All Blacks..

It's just not good enough. Super Rugby needs to be a natural progression for coaches who win the NPC/have a proven winning track record as head coach of an elite club. Being a coach of Italy and Japan in the case of Kirwan really doesn't mean much considering he never won anything with them - and I don't give a ***** what his mana is like in the Blues region.

Fast-tracking former players is really a worrying trend. If there is one thing I'm grateful for it is that there are some former players who now seem to be taking their time in progressing and not trying to make too bigger leaps to get a SR/overseas contract. Umaga, Kieran Kean/Leon MacDonald seem to be taking their time a bit more than we're used to seeing. One thing I can say is I'd certainly love to see Robbie Deans back coaching for the Crusaders!

Exactly this! What success did Blackadder have as a coach before being made Crusaders head coach? An assistant role with Scotland and a part as director of rugby for Tasman. Meanwhile we had Rod Penney win five ***les with Canterbury and still get overlooked. Dave Rennie had to wait year and years of not being the Hurricanes coach (despite improving Manawatu massively, winning the NPC with Wellington, winning everything with the U20s) for him finally to get a look in at the Chiefs with Ian Foster, who had eight years of not winning anything. Jamie Joseph was appointed as the H.ighlanders coach based off presumably his work with Wellington (who never won the NPC with him in charge), and some strong performances from the Maori All Blacks..

It's just not good enough. Super Rugby needs to be a natural progression for coaches who win the NPC/have a proven winning track record as head coach of an elite club. Being a coach of Italy and Japan in the case of Kirwan really doesn't mean much considering he never won anything with them - and I don't give a ***** what his mana is like in the Blues region.

Fast-tracking former players is really a worrying trend. If there is one thing I'm grateful for it is that there are some former players who now seem to be taking their time in progressing and not trying to make too bigger leaps to get a SR/overseas contract. Umaga, Kieran Kean/Leon MacDonald seem to be taking their time a bit more than we're used to seeing. One thing I can say is I'd certainly love to see Robbie Deans back coaching for the Crusaders!

Well, when you coached Italy and Japan, winning matches is a bonus. Losing is a norm:). Looks like he has forgotten he is coaching Blues now..

The blues are gonna beat the hurricanes.. i just know it... i know my team! they win the teams they should lose against and lose agaisnt teams they should beat...

think i need to make a R500 bet on this game... blues odd must be ****!

I see JK stating in the media he is the right man for the job, must say all opposing team do agree with him

Latest posts