• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Super Rugby] Crusaders vs. Rebels (Round 1) 13/02/2015

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year they started off slow and really struggled to find their pace. They did a bit better in '13. My concern is that they're on a downward trend and this year will end up being worse than last. Of course nothing can be determined on just one game, but I'm going to be keeping a close eye (perhaps a more critical eye than in the past) on them the next few weeks.

das

I honestly think last year is about as good as this team can do under Blackadder and with not making any outstanding signings in the backs for this year. Im sure they will likely make the semis but no further for me. To me they are basically making the exact same mistake as last year. Their best number 10 is at fullback AGAIN and they will continue to loose until they rectify that at a minimum.

I also dont believe their forward pack will be AS dominant as last year. Seriously last year they just mowed clean over the top of the opposition in many cases.

Crusaders just played shuffleball... shuffle the ball to the left, shuffle the ball to the right. No penetration in the backs, no commitment at the tackle zone. They made themselves easy to pick off for the Rebels, who duly obliged.

This is how they have played at the beginning of every season since Blackadder became coach, and it is these dropped games that have so often come back to bite them on the arse when, but for a couple of points, they could have ended up with home games at the sharp end of the season.

Broekskoot-rugby

Latest posts