• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] South Africa v New Zealand in Johannesburg (25/07/2015)

Interesting game to say the least.

Lack of control from AB's a bit confounding.

Newfound attacking ability from SA impressive.

I wouldn't call AB clinical. They were pretty ordinary, but can perform under pressure much better than RSA.

I'd agree they were ordinary in a lot of senses and I'd agree they looked better under pressure.

For me, the reason I'm calling the All Blacks clinical, is that while they couldn't carve out too many chances, they took most of them. They didn't execute their game well but in the 22 they got it.

If the South Africans had been that sharp in the danger zone they'd have been close to 40.

I thought RSA were lucky to not be penalised more for offside and within 10m though.

Amazing how we are terrible for our standards for the majority of the game, scoring some great tries to keep in touch, then in the last 10 minutes go up a gear. It's hard on the heart.

Hope this games spell the end for Dagg and also Crockett should be starting ahead of Tony.

It's great having TJ perenara coming on as well, he's nearly as good as Smith, A.Smith didn't have his best game today though.

Fekitoa has to go to the RWC..

Outside starting backs has to be 11.Savea 14. Piutau 15. B.Smith

The lineout maneuver caught the Boks completely unaware. I actually thought we'd see a lot more of the rolling maul from lineout play, but that didn't happen (bar a couple of times). All Blacks put themselves under pressure in the first half. Especially that pass from Dagg which lead to the try. It's never easy in South Africa though, and for some of the ABs it was their first match of the year at that level.

Sopoaga can be proud. Thought he did really well. Broadhurst didn't do too badly either. Piutau the best player on the park today for me.

Golden oldies scrum thing was a load of cock.

Not the best game in my opinion lots of bad passes and general sluggishness on the All Blacks but hell we pulled off the win so that's all that matters in the end.

Would SA guys be happy for Senatla to come in for Hendricks?

Wouldn't really gain anything in terms of control, but you would get some outrageous pace.

Amazing how we are terrible for our standards for the majority of the game, scoring some great tries to keep in touch, then in the last 10 minutes go up a gear. It's hard on the heart.

Hope this games spell the end for Dagg and also Crockett should be starting ahead of Tony.

It's great having TJ perenara coming on as well, he's nearly as good as Smith, A.Smith didn't have his best game today though.

Fekitoa has to go to the RWC..

Outside starting backs has to be 11.Savea 14. Piutau 15. B.Smith

Couldn't agree more, Fekitoa was an absolute dynamite and looked way more solid, reliable and dangerous than Conrad.

TJ had a good game as well and Piutau should definitely start at wing. I guess that Smith should also start at 15.

Lima had a great running game and his kicking game was also good. Would be an asset for the RWC for sure, but I love Slade's goal kicking ability as well.

Look at this fullback quality around the world..

Falou
Le Roux
B.Smith
Halfpenny

Dagg...

Not in the same level.

Phew. Another close one in Joburg. Not an easy place to win. If my stats are correct, then since the RWC 2011 kicked off, that is now 48 wins 2 draws 2 losses in 52 games. Not bad.

Piutau was genuinely outstanding, surely has locked in his starting spot. So powerful every time he had the ball. Broadhurst got found wanting, definitely didn't front as he would have liked. I also think Vito was very good off the bench, stole a key line out.

Mccaw as usual was outstanding. For me he was Man of the match but I can see they selected Piutau he saved our bacon on a couple of occasions.

Sounds like a disappointing day for the boks, I heard lambie was a donkey, I swear he had one good season when morne steyn left and that was it, I've never rated him.. Good win for the AB, and sounds like there are a few areas of concern, which is good to deal with now before the RWC and they have many players waiting in the wings.. I really wants see NMS next week, because by the sounds of it Dagg was back again.. When you get highlights please please post link!!

Piutau was genuinely outstanding, surely has locked in his starting spot. So powerful every time he had the ball. Broadhurst got found wanting, definitely didn't front as he would have liked. I also think Vito was very good off the bench, stole a key line out.

Broadhurst was bloody average for me. The time he got held up down in SA half was really bad. That just should not happen in that position of the field. Whitelock was way better when he came on until the yellow.

I thought Jimmy was hot and cold. He ran some great support, and did a few subtle things well. Would have been cool if he got involved a bit more. But I also realize he got held up and a few other things didn't go his way. He actually might get another start vs the Wallabies as I saw Brodie limping at the end.

Really enjoyed the first 60 minutes of this game. Was really impressed with the SA centres too.
De Allende was strong and attracted a lot of AB attention that was needed to keep him under control.
Kriel is a youngster who plays with no fear, and that paid off.

Latest posts