• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v South Africa (27/08/2016)

The combinations haven't clicked and there hasn't been any flow to the game. I'm a bit surprised by the saffers defending what we've seen so far under AC, it's been seriously bad. Scraping past an under-strength irish side, scraping past an average Argentina side composed of super rugby players from a team that barely won a game after April.

Lets be honest, it's hard to see South Africa troubling NZ in NZ or in Durban. They'll lose in Australia too. The swing games will be Argentina on Saturday and Australia at home in Pretoria which they should win. I look forward to England finally crushing them at Twickenham in November!

@TRF_heineken

1. Tetaz 2. Creecy 3. Herrera 4. Alemanno 5. Lavanini 6. Matera 7. Leguizamon 8. Isa 9. Landajo 10. Sanchez 11. Montero 12. Hernandez 13. Orlando 14. Cordero 15. Tuculet

Subs: Montoya, Arregui, Pieretto, Petti, Ortega, Cubelli, Gonzalez Iglesias, Gonzalez Amorosino

As last time, strong first XV but weak bench.
If we got a chance last time, was due to the poor performance of the Boks between minutes 20 and 60. We will win only if we make a really big difference in the scoreboard by minute 50/60, or if SA plays worse than 1 week ago.

Boks by 5+

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. SA to lose. SA scrum to be jittery. Backline struggling. Boks to muddle around with either no gameplan or one from a previous era. Argentina to tackle hard, win turnovers and scrore some tries.

Argentina at home should edge it but it'll be close. The argies scored some good tries in 1st test. Will be watching as a neutral. Hoping for a tight game with real suspense.

This is why i don't like this ref. He disrupts the game to such a degree that neither team could score anything in first 20. Penalty after penalty. Not good rugby to watch.

How Hernandez manages to still make it to the team is beyond me. He's been rubbish for two or three years now. Totally cost us the game last week.

That bump from Etzebeth was quite risky. The Argentine could have regained his balance and scored.

"One for the purists" this game. Beginning to simmer up a bit when Argentina attack

Penalty kick by Sanchez

Argentina 6 - South Africa 3

Latest posts