• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v South Africa (17/09/2016)

Well I will be a bit more conservative...

All Blacks 24ish - South Africa 15ish.

So about a 10 point spread.

One thing you can always count on is that no matter how great the imbalance may appear both Australia and South Africa do get up for games with New Zealand, sure there is the odd blowout but when was the last one New Zealand had against South Africa.

According to White, Coetzee job is unique compared to other coaches in world rugby.
“The (Springbok coaching) job wasn’t opened up for applications. They gave the job to Allister. Then they gave him his coaching staff without asking him to pick who he wanted. There’s no other job he’s competing against that is the same. When (Wallabies coach) Michael Cheika wants (assistant coach Stephen) Larkham, he gets him. When the All Blacks want Ian Foster, they get him, or if they want to bring in a kicking consultant that they want, they bring the guy in. You’re talking about professional sport here... Everyone is asking what is wrong in South African rugby, but you have to look at how the whole thing started...†continued White. http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/jake-i-feel-sorry-for-allister-20160913

Is White hinting that the assistant coaches where political appointments? We know it was but i always thought AC had a say in it.

I think his backline coach is the LAST person he, or any other rugby person in SA would choose.

All Blacks are not going to blow South Africa off the park, they are our greatest rivals and will raise their games substantially

I think we are looking at a 27 - 15 victory to the ABS, 35 - 15 at worst. There is no way they will put 50pts on a proud SA team.

The Boks are tough and proud, they will lift themselves against the Auld Enemy.
No walkover, no easy win I expect a tough old grind as per usual when these two ***ans meet.
If the All Black kicking is rubbish again they may struggle because if the Boks defence remains strong and their kicking is on song they can tick the scoreboard over without having to worry about troubling the try line.
This is the most fragile Bokke defensive team I have possibly ever seen but they have the players to pull it together.

Justin Marshall says NZ 'B' team would beat Boks

http://m.sport24.co.za/sport24/Rugb...rshall-all-blacks-have-amazing-depth-20160912

Cape Town - Former All Black scrumhalf Justin Marshall says New Zealand's B-team would be good enough to beat the top four nations in the world.

Marshall made the statement in his column for the New Zealand Herald on Monday.

Referring to New Zealand's 57-22 win over Argentina, Marshall said the home side didn't lose their rhythm when coach Steve Hansen sent TJ Perenara and Charlie Faumuina on the 49th minute of the Test.

"Those subs were made earlier than usual," Marshall said.

"You must be brave to replace Aaron Smith, someone British and Irish Lions coach Warren Gatland recently described as New Zealand's best and most influential player. It just shows how much trust and belief the coaches have in their players. Those decisions changed the game."

Marshall was also full of praise for impact the All Blacks' bench made.

"Everyone talks about the impact of the bench. I think it was a combination between the bench and the players in the starting XV like Ryan Crotty, Brodie Retallick, Ben Smith, Julian Savea, Israel Dagg and Same Cane, who were all outstanding. Jerome Kaino was also excellent.

"It just underlines the depth in the team. New Zealand's B-team would probably be able to beat the top four teams in the world."

This weekend, the world champions host the Springboks in Christchurch. The Boks slipped to No 4 on world rugby's official rankings following their 23-17 loss to Australia in Brisbane at the weekend.

Last edited:
All Blacks are not going to blow South Africa off the park, they are our greatest rivals and will raise their games substantially

I think we are looking at a 27 - 15 victory to the ABS, 35 - 15 at worst. There is no way they will put 50pts on a proud SA team.

They did it before. Remember 52-16 in 2002 ?

Sometimes fear (of a hiding) is a powerful motivator to raise one's game. Could be much closer.

Justin Marshall says NZ 'B' team would beat Boks

Cape Town - Former All Black scrumhalf Justin Marshall says New Zealand's B-team would be good enough to beat the top four nations in the world.
I'm not convinced, I'm sure ABs B will be competetive, have the potential to win possibly even favourites. But slam dunk they'll beat anyone? Nope

But then reading the quote he does say good enough to beat anyone. Mind you I think you could probably build an England B team who have potential the to beat anyone. Right coach and stars aligning would have to occur.

So unless he is bring boombastic I don't think he's saying much. All the top 4 side could make a pretty good B side. If he does think they'd win every game I think that's a little overconfident even for the A side.

God I wish we were playing NZ this year so we'd have some kind of marker of the difference between the two teams.

I'm not convinced, I'm sure ABs B will be competetive, have the potential to win possibly even favourites. But slam dunk they'll beat anyone? Nope

But then reading the quote he does say good enough to beat anyone. Mind you I think you could probably build an England B team who have potential the to beat anyone. Right coach and stars aligning would have to occur.

So unless he is bring boombastic I don't think he's saying much. All the top 4 side could make a pretty good B side. If he does think they'd win every game I think that's a little overconfident even for the A side.

God I wish we were playing NZ this year so we'd have some kind of marker of the difference between the two teams.

Oh great! you know what you just did? you invited Stormer2010 to create a Springbok XV. He's now goign to create one of players not in SA, and how many teams we can fill up.

Thanx for that one.

Oh great! you know what you just did? you invited Stormer2010 to create a Springbok XV. He's now goign to create one of players not in SA, and how many teams we can fill up.

Thanx for that one.
Don't forget to include guys who don't get picked because of quotas ;)

Seriously on quotas why are they not being legally challenged? I mean we are 'currently' protected by the European Covent ion of Human Rights from stupid governments but you guys must be able to pursue it some way.

Seriously on quotas why are they not being legally challenged? I mean we are 'currently' protected by the European Covent ion of Human Rights from stupid governments but you guys must be able to pursue it some way.

Because it's racist to challenge it.

(SA Logic)

We are actually currently challenging the Quota system. http://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/South-Africa/afriforum-solidarity-to-fight-sport-quotas-in-court-20160601

They appeared before the UN Committee where some UN members were very unhappy about what was going on in SA sport. But we haven't since then heard of what is going to happen next as they gave our government 45 days to respond to the allegations made by Afriforum, so I guess our Government is using every single day to their advantage in dragging this thing out.

Justin Marshall; not a good pundit and shooting his mouth off in the paper , not my cup of tea.
I have no time for that chap.

Latest posts