Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Hurricanes.png
Versus%20Super.png
Highlanders.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

going to be close, both rested after the bye, think i heard canes should be back to full strength

i'd like to see squire back, think he adds something on offense that whitelock doesnt, we need the win to keep in touch with the saders

Game of the round this week I think, although all the games involving NZ teams this week are pretty important and should be awesome.

Hard to pick a winner, Canes at home may have the advantage.

Best outcome for the Chiefs is the Canes win without a bonus point for any team, so looks like I backing the home team.

Game of the round this week I think, although all the games involving NZ teams this week are pretty important and should be awesome.

Hard to pick a winner, Canes at home may have the advantage.

Best outcome for the Chiefs is the Canes win without a bonus point for any team, so looks like I backing the home team.

Best outcome for the Chiefs is for them to beat the Tahs ;)

I dunno, home advantage doesn't really mean much to the Canes. We're going to have to play the Landers well here. Sure we only lost to them by 1 point in round 2 when we were still off the notch but I'm not certain we'll win this. It honestly could go either way.

15 James Marshall
14 Cory Jane
13 Matt Proctor
12 Vince Aso
11 Julian Savea
10 Beauden Barrett
9 TJ Perenara (vc)
8 Victor Vito
7 Ardie Savea
6 Brad Shields
5 Michael Fatialofa
4 Blade Thomson
3 Jeffery Toomaga-Allen
2 Dane Coles (c)
1 Reggie Goodes

Reserves:

16 Motu Matu'u, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Loni Uhila, 19 Mark Vaea Fifita, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 Jamison Gibson-Park, 22 Ngani Laumape, 23 Jason Woodward.

Last edited:
With Eaddes now making his mark, that backline looks outstanding. As a unit, it's the best in the comp, I reckon.

Nah Faddes isn't that great. Sure he's good on attack but his defence is terrible. Should be interesting how Proctor goes. I reckon we needed Haloholo on the bench to bring some agility in the last 20 or so....

Just looked at the stats, he's tackling at 66% That's awful.

Last edited:
Nah Faddes isn't that great. Sure he's good on attack but his defence is terrible. Should be interesting how Proctor goes. I reckon we needed Haloholo on the bench to bring some agility in the last 20 or so....

Just looked at the stats, he's tackling at 66% That's awful.

He's miles better than the garbage you have at centre aka Vince Aso. Stupid out off context stat, most of those missed tackles were from when he was playing in the outside backs, wing and fullback when he was the last man defending vs run away tries or having to deal with Kerevi, I'm sure half his missed tackles alone were in the first half of that Reds onslaught, largely thanks to the midfield failing - Thompson.

Faddes will tear you a new one anyway, Proctor and Aso barely have a combined total on offense close to Faddes, not too mention having to face Fekitoa, good luck anyhow :lol:

It was Faddes I meant. Yet another of those players who seem to grow another leg when they come into the Highlanders culture.

Good to see the Canes finally playing some decent rugby.... pity its against the Highlanders though....

Is Fekitoa playing his way out of an AB jersey this season?... If I was the AB coach id be looking at others he's been really really average for me this year. He's literally done nothing imo.

this ref is really lenient on the offside rule, tackles (some without arms, some late, one without ball), and forward passes. It's good though because the game is flowing. I reckon it will come down to the benches of both teams.

Every time Aso touches the ball I swear the commentator is saying Asshole:).

Hurricanes clearly wanted this one just that bit more. Ardie Savea was the difference. Some pretty crazy runs in this game by him.

Marty Banks was horrible when he came on its same as last year he doesnt get enough game time.

Hansen has some pretty big decisions ahead of him. Cane for me is just not that great. Ardie has the potential to be ridiculously good. Certainly for the next couple years I wouldnt play him as anything more than an impact player and he could fill that role in the AB's to perfection imo.

We need to see if Ardie can play like this match in a big international. Wales would certainly be a nice build up to something like that.

Ahhh **** Ardie's explosiveness was too much for my team today, I think with maybe Shane Christie and if we still had Nasi Manu playing for us we would've won that. Got to stop that man. Highlanders need to play better in the rain! :p

Latest posts