• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Ruan Pienaar confirmed to Montpellier.... Picamoles, Pienaar & Cruden nice little shopping spree.

Personally see him going to Bath, TB making noise's about 6-7 new face's and I reckon he'll be the 'big name'.
We're one of the rumours, but I hope it's not true, we don't need a fullback, don't need a kicker, and generally prefer a different type of fullback (though Todd at disagree with the last). He'd be a waste of an awful lot of money, when we really need to spend it on 3, and maybe 5, 9 and 12

6-7 new faces is what Bath need. Why are they leaving it so late though? All SH players?

Big name or otherwise, Halfpenny isn't what they need at all. As Which said, they'd be a lot better investing that cash elsewhere in the squad.

We're one of the rumours, but I hope it's not true, we don't need a fullback, don't need a kicker, and generally prefer a different type of fullback (though Todd at disagree with the last). He'd be a waste of an awful lot of money, when we really need to spend it on 3, and maybe 5, 9 and 12
Totally agree with every word, half a million a year is crazy for Halfpenny but I wouldn't put it past your owner to stump up the cash, I thought Frans Malherbe was the tight head on his way.

Really?
Cause you've got Tom Homer getting a lot of game time and Halfpenny is like Homer but better at everything.
Before he came to Bath, I'd have agreed about Homer. But to my eyes, Homer has become (a poor version of) the player Leigh was 4 years ago; whilst the opposite also applies. Leigh has become slower, defence minded kicker; whilst Homer now looks natural enough on the wing, and favours running the ball over booting it.
Besides, Watson is our FB whenever he's fit (we've played Homer 14, Watson 15 more than the other way around IIRC).

Mind you, if I believe what's written on this board, I'd believe that Watson playing FB for the lions was his debut in that position.

Where's the confirmation of JPP leaving?

What a massive come-down for James O'Connor though. Must be on a serious wedge.

Latest posts