• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Or, conversely, he's hoping to make as much cash as possible because he knows he's only a tap away from retirement.

I'd imagine Racing would have better judgement than that given how widely publicised Lambie's issues have been. But then Top 14 clubs seem willing to be quite extravagant.

Well in another exile targeted move we've brought back three boi James McCarthy of Dragons' academy into our academy in an IRFU brokered deal. He was apparently approached after impressing against Ireland at under 18 level and wanted to go to college which was all sorted for him over here.
Not a huge signing or anything but a pretty interesting move and the IRFU clearly trying to identify exile talent early and making pretty big moves to move them over. He also scored two tries against Wales for Ireland in the under 18 7s tournament last week lol.

Eroni Vasiteri to Connacht for a year.

The centre playing for the Fijian Drua? If so that is 2 games played for them in the NRC and transferred. Looking at the highlights I posted in the Fiji thread I'm not surprised if they start getting poached. The skill level and athleticism of some of those players looked through the roof for the level they were playing at.

Connacht do seem lacking at centre (and I don't think Aki can avoid all blame).

The centre playing for the Fijian Drua? If so that is 2 games played for them in the NRC and transferred. Looking at the highlights I posted in the Fiji thread I'm not surprised if they start getting poached. The skill level and athleticism of some of those players looked through the roof for the level they were playing at.

Connacht do seem lacking at centre (and I don't think Aki can avoid all blame).
Well yeah they do lack firepower in some respects. They have three Leinster rejects (including Ronaldson who I do rate as a good distributor and link man), Griffin (who has never not struggled with injury) and Aki. Not exactly stacked there, but a bigger problem I've always thought was Carty. He's done his best, but he's really not more than All Ireland League standard and must be the most one dimensional out half around. I expect Crosbie or the Ozzy youngster to oust him if Connacht have a shot at a good season.

Jono Kitto to Worcester Warriors on short term loan.

Behind Youngs, Harrison, White and Simmons at Tigers so makes sense to head down to Sixways for a bit.

Hm didn't hear anything about that. Could do with a bit of cover if god forbid Kleyn gets crocked. We'll hopefully have a much more stable SR situation next year.

Tigers sign former Ulster current Bristol Irish lock Dan Tuohy on a short term loan till end of December.
Workhorse player who never really made it as a top player in Ireland. Yep that's a Leicester signing ladies and gentleman

Rhys Webb to Toulon confirmed. Ouch.
Further proof that Gatland's law doesn't work, Wales talent pool nowhere near big enough to empose such a rule and highly unfair and naive of Welsh management to expect Welsh players to stay whilst the regions (except Scarlets) struggle...

How can I put this...

I hope he gets a lesson over there. His mouth is disgusting at times and his constant chat to the ref does my tree in.

Further proof that Gatland's law doesn't work, Wales talent pool nowhere near big enough to empose such a rule and highly unfair and naive of Welsh management to expect Welsh players to stay whilst the regions (except Scarlets) struggle...

I agree. It's Gatland's law that may eventually hurt Wales not Webb signing to Toulon or elsewhere.

With the massive increase in wages of Farrell and now probably Jamie George where on earth are Sarries finding this cap space? Or is asking this question regarding Saracens just pointless?

With the massive increase in wages of Farrell and now probably Jamie George where on earth are Sarries finding this cap space? Or is asking this question regarding Saracens just pointless?

Maro Itoje has discovered a loophole in the laws of mathematics.

Latest posts