• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Heaslip like Zebo is a definite in the squad when fit, but definitely not indispensable with the raft of backrow talent coming through. Even fit he'd have a dogfight on his hands to start for Leinster these days. I don't think many people view Heaslip in as high a regard as Alpha, but letting your captain leave the country isn't a good look for the IRFU either. He shouldn't and won't get another one I'd say, and I don't know how much he's on, but a CC at the least is understandable.
These long central contracts do seem to be shortsighted in the cases of Bowe and Robnoxious (honestly you wouldn't give Healy one on this form, but hindsight and all that), but the nature of central contracts is they offer security to guys on the fence worried about injury destroying their earning potential. That means a relatively long contract to make passing up on France worth it.
Cian Healy? I reckon he's won his start back!

Fair enough, I'd just say that Heaslip was given that contract off the back of last season's EOYT where it could easily be argued that he was Ireland's best player and presumably on recommendation of medical professionals and they're yet to be proven wrong. I reckon we'll see Heaslip in Japan, a long rehab will hopefully rejuvenate him. He's in a competitive area but at his best I'd say he's as good a rugby player as Murray or Sexton are in their positions.
But that's where we disagree. I don't think Heaslip is as good as he's you're making out. Like if he wasn't a Leinster player I don't think you'd say same things. At his age 3 years was madness and the amount is madness.

On Healy it'll be very interesting come his renewal. Technically 2 Irish 1s shouldn't have CC never mind 2 Leinster guys. So will he take a huge cut

Yarde confirmed

So dumb

giphy.gif

Why does Diamond keep denying these things? Why not just say no comment or something.

Like when he denied FdK and JOC Rugby Paper rumours why didn't sale just not comment on it like most clubs do.

giphy.gif

Why does Diamond keep denying these things? Why not just say no comment or something.

Like when he denied FdK and JOC Rugby Paper rumours why didn't sale just not comment on it like most clubs do.

Well the explanation, for me, is relatively simple. He's a Prat.

Laurence Pearce has today made a step up to Stade Montois from Sale.

Aye, I don't get why he can't just say no comment.
The Faf and Yarde situations he couldn't confirm because he technically wasn't allowed to have been talking to them before (Yarde before January, and Lions hadn't given Faf permission to speak to foreign clubs) - think JOC just got chucked in with Faf (he was asked about both and just denied the lot rather than saying "Well JOC's coming but Faf? Nah.")

Sale have never been particularly savvy with the old media duties though - like announcing players before they've actually signed (Kris Chesney, for example).

Laurence Pearce has today made a step up to Stade Montois from Sale.

This could be a good move for Pearce as Stade Montois (Mont de Marsan) are currently 3rd in ProD2 and could be in contention for promotion to the Top14 next season.
He's in their team for this evening's ProD2 match at Colomiers.

This could be a good move for Pearce as Stade Montois (Mont de Marsan) are currently 3rd in ProD2 and could be in contention for promotion to the Top14 next season.
He's in their team for this evening's ProD2 match at Colomiers.

Fair play to him. Probably earning more too.

Tigers re-sign
Greg Bateman
Mike Williams
Teulsa Veainu
Matt Toomua (2020)
More to come.

Reckon Dan Cole and Ben Youngs.

One must wonder if Australia will bend their selections rules again for the World Cup though. On form he's up there with the best 12's in the world.

@TRF_Olyy Rohan Janse van Rensburg to sale for 3 months.

Not a bad bit of business although shame it's only for 3 months. Can't see him leaving SA till RWC squad is announced.

Not a bad bit of business although shame it's only for 3 months. Can't see him leaving SA till RWC squad is announced.
Pre-match speeches are going to lit

Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!
MadShockedCockroach.gif

I wonder if this is somehow a factor in his frankly bizarre omission from the Boks (behind two white 12s I should add lest anyone jump in with some nonsense). I am just grasping for explanations for those omissions.

Someone at Sale is smart. Ridiculous for RJvR and Faf to have been overlooked by clubs with more resources.

Latest posts