• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 2: Argentina v South Africa (26/08/2017)

I think he will be backup for centre, but come off the bench in Jantjes' place.

I totally fine with playing Pollard at centre, he's physical enough to to the core of the job, and it will be interesting to see us play a distributor at 12 for once. I'm OK with moving Kriel to the wing (although I doubt they will because it makes the transformation objectives harde) for me his two biggest weaknesses are positional defending and eating up space on attack both of which are nullified on the wing.
Don't get me wrong I do like Kriel. I do think his best position (at least at the moment) is still fullback. It's a pity Gelant and him have to compete for the position at the bulls, and probably also a pity for him that we need 13s more desperately than 15 where a number of players could do a job Gelant/Leyds/Marais/Le Roux/Steyn.

Could you tell me the pitch size of Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena, in which this game was played?

105*70 but out of that 105. They always refer to it as short in length so im guessing 85 (field) + 10(ingoal) + 10(ingoal). Which is kind of retarded to play in against SA. They should pick the bigger field they could find.

105*70 but out of that 105. They always refer to it as short in length so im guessing 85 (field) + 10(ingoal) + 10(ingoal). Which is kind of retarded to play in against SA. They should pick the bigger field they could find.
85m field of play? Too short! Even Welford Road had 91m field of play? (What is the minimum length in Laws?)
And why is 10m ingoal depth necessary? 6m is enough, isn't it?

Well, we're two years far from WC, time to start contemplating that fact.

Hernández today. Jesus.

The next person to tell me we need Lavanini over Petti because of scrum, weight and stuff.

Landajo works well as a replacement, not as a starter.

Lezana is a player who can do two things, and holding to the ball is not one of 'em.

Even Matera looked bad today, and he's our guy.

You can see Hourcade desperatingly trying to get better, and failing. Six changes this week, undo some of them, trying to put Kremer in as a 3rd rower (wow, wow, wow, must be a TRF lurker)

Anyway, let's crash: we need it.

Pascal Gauziere is dreadful, but only to match our performance.

jje que cabeza de termo lavanini por dios!! that said i sitll think we need him. think he´ll finally learn discipline. although he is a dum ass. he has to get it right it is not that difficult. i wonder why he continues to do those low armless takles, he got away with them many times! he needs some time off and (unas cuantas patadas en el ojete) but as i said petti will not grow another 10 cm.
what a shitty game by hernadez he had good 20 min the first test. so i was expecting much more from him. i guess you guys are right about him beeing over. i missed the match so i watched it yesterday. besidedes this game i agree with hourcade that kramer is 3rd rower (actually he palyed as flanker in the u20 wc. ) u are right about landajo.

Latest posts