• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2017 Rugby Europe Championship

There isn't much wrong with their attacking play to my mind, nice and patient near the try line and not getting "white line fever", but yes, those defensive lapses will be worrying if they don't erase them this half. Romania good enough to win this by 20-30 points in my opinion. I'd imagine you'll have superior fitness.

Embarassing German defensive mistakes for the last Dumitru try. I guess they are out of gas already.

Yes, I hope for their sake it doesn't become a slaughter, particularly with them picking up injuries. They are clearly outclassed in every facet of play, but have been playing hard and showing ambition. As Italy will tell you, it is hard to play with ambition when you risk being humiliated!

Indeed, the most positive aspect is that Romania had patience and didn't abandon the initial gameplan, despite the rustiness and high error count. The improvement in the backs gives us a lot more options than we had in the past.

I don't think there will be a slaughter, the bonus point was already secured so we should conserve our energy.

Yikes, I can't keep up with all the action. Surprisingly poor maul defence from Romania and the last thing they need to be doing is give Germany hope for the final quarter.

Embarassing defensive mistakes by Oaks as well

At least Romania have become more alert about the German maul now. It was obviously a mental rather than a physical issue them being so badly beaten for that try.

Alert? :huh: second Germany try by maul :)

Spoke too soon! Romania need to wake up. This is what we call "squeaky bum time" for Romanian fans!

I'm the one always talking up Germany but this would be a far bigger sensation even than them beating Uruguay. Romania must pull this out of the fire or it must rank as one of their worst results ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Vlaicu not taking the guaranteed draw!

I am speechless. This is the most embarassing result in the history of Romanian rugby and RWC qualification is in jeopardy. We did this to ourselves by taking the match for granted and allowing them twice to come back.

Congratulations Germany.

Oh... my... word...

Romania so complacent as soon as they got their first couple of tries, right up until the end refusing to take easy penalty kicks on goal because they assumed they'd beat Germnay in the maul.

This has blown RWC qualification wide open. Incredible.

I watched the second half and firstly well done Germany that's a massive result for rugby. Romania must be hugely embarrassed at that, didn't Romania beat Germany a year or two ago by 60 points or so? Well that gap has closed a bit it seems

This is embarassing indeed and was well deserved by Germany, they showed heart and guts

Oaks were complacent, disregarded the opponent and deserved to lose this match.

Watched the last part.

Was wonderful to see how happy the germans got after the win.

Unfortunately not such nice conditions in Belgium, but it looks like a near sellout of a stadium and very noisy support. Maybe around 6000?

Latest posts