• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Six Nations] - England

Does anyone think Youngs could be playing himself out of an England shirt? He has been good for us but his form for Tigers recently has been shocking. Nowell has the right wing firmly in his clutches, the question is who goes on the left and possibly who is FB.

How's Care's form been at Quins?
Realistically Robson should getting a shot but I can't see EJ looking past Youngs and Care unless they're injured.

Youngs is increasingly reminding me of Ben Morgan - only turning up for England

Does anyone think Youngs could be playing himself out of an England shirt? He has been good for us but his form for Tigers recently has been shocking. Nowell has the right wing firmly in his clutches, the question is who goes on the left and possibly who is FB.

Eddie won't drop Youngs from the 9 shirt until he starts performing badly for England. He doesn't seem to be that phased by premiership form.

Heard nothing good about Care's form at Quins.

In any case, I think Tobes is right and Eddie won't be *that* bothered.

Heard nothing good about Care's form at Quins.

In any case, I think Tobes is right and Eddie won't be *that* bothered.

Youngs' slow delivery has always been there and he has never attempted to fix it. Jones may not replace him immediately but I find it hard to believe he could watch Youngs screwing up repeatedly at club level and not be concerned.

He'd be far from the first guy to go into the England set up under Jones with poor club form - or no club form - and get his place anyway. I think Eddie trusts himself to give the players the confidence and direction needed to perform for England, and isn't too bothered if that's not happening for them at their clubs.

I like how they are not sure what 14 + 5 =.

'If England do manage to lift their win their second Grand Slam in two years, it's likely Eddie Jones' side will pass New Zealand's record for consecutive wins in the process. England's 37-21 win over Australia in the Autumn saw their winning run extend to 14 matches, four behind New Zealand's 18-match winning streak.'

Well let's see...winning the GS means winning all 5 games...so england currently on 14 wins, add another 5...hmm dunno if that will be more than NZ's 18, let's write likely in the article to cover ourselves in case it's not.

Tbh when your forwards are playing as badly as Leicester's Young's form is going to suffer. Hell they can't even shield him properly from a charge down week in week out. On the other hand who else do you pick? Wigglesworth is not the reason Sarries are so strong. Robson possibly in an in form Wasps team. Care is pretty much how he's always been.

As for the wing. Watson is back and fit isn't he? He's always played well for England, though not sure about his current form. I guess Yarde is preferred over Roko after the Autumn internationals. Wade won't get a look in tbh, I think he falls into the Ashton category of too weak defensively at international level.

As for full back, I hope Watson long term...Brown is generally consistent though not reached the pre-world cup peak. I don't like Goode for England, seems to play better for club. Otherwise who else is there?

Interesting side note, looking at Wasps squad, Kurtley Beale position is Universal Back, which is a pretty awesome position tbh.

I like how they are not sure what 14 + 5 =.

'If England do manage to lift their win their second Grand Slam in two years, it's likely Eddie Jones' side will pass New Zealand's record for consecutive wins in the process. England's 37-21 win over Australia in the Autumn saw their winning run extend to 14 matches, four behind New Zealand's 18-match winning streak.'

Well let's see...winning the GS means winning all 5 games...so england currently on 14 wins, add another 5...hmm dunno if that will be more than NZ's 18, let's write likely in the article to cover ourselves in case it's not.

The Irish are renowned for their counting ability :p

As for the wing. Watson is back and fit isn't he? He's always played well for England, though not sure about his current form. I guess Yarde is preferred over Roko after the Autumn internationals. Wade won't get a look in tbh, I think he falls into the Ashton category of too weak defensively at international level.

As for full back, I hope Watson long term...Brown is generally consistent though not reached the pre-world cup peak. I don't like Goode for England, seems to play better for club. Otherwise who else is there?

You don't think Eddie will go for Nowell and May on the wings with Watson at FB?
One thing is apparent through Eddie Jones tenure so far and that is his loyalty to the players he regards undroppable. Hartley really shouldn't be first choice with his lack of games but I bet he'll be picked, and captain.
Mike Brown is the one with his head on the chopping block should Watson be the one picked for FB duties. Again, I expect Brown will be at 15 again.

You don't think Eddie will go for Nowell and May on the wings with Watson at FB?
One thing is apparent through Eddie Jones tenure so far and that is his loyalty to the players he regards undroppable. Hartley really shouldn't be first choice with his lack of games but I bet he'll be picked, and captain.
Mike Brown is the one with his head on the chopping block should Watson be the one picked for FB duties. Again, I expect Brown will be at 15 again.

Mike Brown had been perfectly good imo same with Hartley whilst his playing capability may be lower the Jamie George he has the leadership to top it up . Personally I'd go with something like
1. Mullan
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Lawes/Launchbury
5. Launchbury/Kruis
6. Itoje
7. Haskell
8. Hughes
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Nowell
12. Farrell
13. Joseph
14. Watson
15. Brown
16. George
17. Genge
18. Sinkler
19. Ewels
20. Harrison ? Little unsure here
21. Robson
22. Te'o
23. Slade

I'd be fairly confident with that side against anyone in Europe . The only thing I might be tempted by is a 6-2 split on the bench with Morgan on there for 8 replacement instead of Te'o mainly because of Slade's flexibility

Mike Brown had been perfectly good imo same with Hartley whilst his playing capability may be lower the Jamie George he has the leadership to top it up . Personally I'd go with something like
1. Mullan
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Lawes/Launchbury
5. Launchbury/Kruis
6. Itoje
7. Haskell
8. Hughes
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Nowell
12. Farrell
13. Joseph
14. Watson
15. Brown
16. George
17. Genge
18. Sinkler
19. Ewels
20. Harrison ? Little unsure here
21. Robson
22. Te'o
23. Slade

I'd be fairly confident with that side against anyone in Europe . The only thing I might be tempted by is a 6-2 split on the bench with Morgan on there for 8 replacement instead of Te'o mainly because of Slade's flexibility

Can't really argue with that but I'd echo Tobes in wanting Daly on the bench. Hopefully Hughes has been berated into doing some work on the field. I see him walking to a ruck again and I want blood.

I'd go for him over Slade. He's in far better form and covers shirts 11-15.

Same here. He's also played pretty well in various different positions, rather than looking like a jack of all trades master of none à la Slade

He doesn't cover 12 though

Latest posts