• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Six Nations] - Scotland

Only thing is that Ringrose is coming hot off his European form and playing great, while Jones plays in the Southern Hemisphere and hasn't played since the AIs. Scot's should look to bring him home to have him 6 Nations ready. Must be an eventuality.

I think discussions with his club are already under way but not sure how it's progressing. Edinburgh could probably do with him more than Glasgow but then again the same applies to Dave Rennie.

And Sean Cronin is 5'11.5 inches :rolleyes:, I've learned from experience that Irish player stats are complete nonsense. If you really think Gary Ringrose is 92 kg I can't really say much else.

I've seen Ringrose in person a few times, he's 6 ft 2. Filled out this season too so I'd say he started it at 92kg, probably down one or two at this point in the season which will likely be put back on in the two weeks between the Friday and the Scotland game. He definitely looks bigger than Bennett anyway!

I've seen Ringrose in person a few times, he's 6 ft 2. Filled out this season too so I'd say he started it at 92kg, probably down one or two at this point in the season which will likely be put back on in the two weeks between the Friday and the Scotland game. He definitely looks bigger than Bennett anyway!

So Ringrose is only 3 kg lighter than Henshaw is he? He's 83/85 kg soaking wet. He looks taller than Bennett not bigger. By your logic Ringrose is bigger than Pocock.

So Ringrose is only 3 kg lighter than Henshaw is he? He's 83/85 kg soaking wet. He looks taller than Bennett not bigger. By your logic Ringrose is bigger than Pocock.

85kg? At over 6 foot, in international rugby! At 5 foot 10 and 80 kg I can guarantee you that he's 90kg at least, Henshaw's weight seems low there if anything I'd guess he's closer to 100 kg than 90. Pocock is listed everywhere at over 100kg, him being over 10kg heavier is very believable...

Anyway, original point, I think Ringrose is certainly bigger than Bennett. Agree to disagree because, although I'll never admit these places exist, this isn't the place to discuss Ringrose!

I think the team for the 6N should be

1- Dell
2- Brown
3- Fagerson
4- R Gray
5- J Gray
6- Wilson
7- Watson
8- Strauss
9- Price
10- Russell
11- Seymour
12- Dunbar
13- Jones
14- Maitland
15- Hogg

16- Ford
17- Reid
18- Welsh
19- Swinson
20- Du Preez/Barclay
21- Laidlaw
22- Bennett
23- Taylor

And in the 15 I would say 6 of the players are better than their Irish counterparts.

Swinson has to start with J Gray after back to back MOTM performances. He was immense against Leicester yesterday

I think the team for the 6N should be

1- Dell
2- Brown
3- Fagerson
4- R Gray
5- J Gray
6- Wilson
7- Watson
8- Strauss
9- Price
10- Russell
11- Seymour
12- Dunbar
13- Jones
14- Maitland
15- Hogg

16- Ford
17- Reid
18- Welsh
19- Swinson
20- Du Preez/Barclay
21- Laidlaw
22- Bennett
23- Taylor

And in the 15 I would say 6 of the players are better than their Irish counterparts.
I just about agree 100%with your squad but i would personally change brown with McInally ,Ritchie Gray with Gilchrist and I would have Barclay at 6 with Wilson at 8 with Strauss on the bench

You'd change Brown with McInally!? Your crack pipe must be hot to the touch.

Edit - Actually, I think with Nel and Dickenson out of the squad I can see Ford starting ahead of Brown for the simple reason of 'experience'. That and his sheer size. I consider Brown the better footballer though I think Cotter will be a little more conservative with the team selection given the front row players who are available.

Last edited:
O

With such inexperience in the front row there isn't any way Fordwon't start with Brown backing him up off the bench. Considering how tight some of our games tend to be, that will.also work against Ali Price getting game time as Cotter will depend on Laidlaw for his kicking stats and experience at international level.

As much as I want to see Jones start, his match fitness surely can't be there so I'd fully expect Vern to go with the Glasgow axis of Dunbar and Bennett. A lot of continuity in team selections on this thread though which shows how settled a squad Vern now has with depth starting to develop from the bench when it hits the 60 minute mark in games

As much as I want to see Jones start, his match fitness surely can't be there so I'd fully expect Vern to go with the Glasgow axis of Dunbar and Bennett.

I don't see Bennett starting, not ahead of Scott for example. Bennett has only just come back into form for Glasgow in the last couple of games he's played, but other than that he's had a disappointing season by his standards. It seems to have taken him a while to get back to top form after his summer at the Olympics. Perhaps that truly awful tattoo he got himself has something to do with it.

With you here, losing to Scotland means you're bad.

The team Tigs posted is ok. I'd have three of them as better than their opposite number in the Irish XV so anything other than a win in Murrayfield is unacceptable, is not expecting to hammer a team a sign of their progress? Probably but nothing too significant.

Ireland bad.:moqueur:

So Laidlaw and Strauss are confirmed out of the rest off the six nations.

People seem to be very worried here about Laidlaw's absence when I believe we will be just fine, Im sure Barclay (who i think will become captain) with all his experience will be a good captain and despite Russell's big miss infront off goal, he was kicking well before then and for Glasgow so we'll be fine for the boot with Russell or even Hogg if Russell is under par with his kicking. But who will replace Laidlaw at scrum half ?, For experience i reckon Pyrgos will start but i really hope we can use Laidlaws absence to give Price experience where i believe he will be a very good scrum half for Scotland.

While with Strauss fortunately thanks to our depth in the backrow we have a few options, Wilson i think its the lost likely replacement or do we call Denton back as he is back playing or do we give du Preez a turn in the backrow ?. I think calling Denton back is the best pick for me, i feel is very similar to Strauss as a strong ball carrier and a good tackler.

Price did fine replacing Laidlaw once he calmed down. I don't know why Pyrgos would leapfrog him in the pecking order.

How's Stuart Hogg's form! Playing awesome at the moment, a shoe-in for the Lions 15 jersey?

Italy have done Scotland no favours at all.
I can see a lot of English frustration mounting and the brunt of it is going to be an all out burst of energy against Scotland.

I dunno. Third underwhelming performance from England in a row increases the chances of a fourth. If England had clicked and looked great I don't think that would have been good for Scotland. Italy messing up and giving a bonus point away has screwed Ireland and Scotland though.

Are any Scotland supporters on here members of any other rugby forums, specifically related to Scottish rugby?

I've participated in numerous sports forums over the years and I'm sorry to say that this one just feels like a big clique with certain members only willing to engage in conversation or have 'banter' with their cronies.

Last edited:
cant wait for gregor to take over, congrats Scotland on being the most entertaining team to watch in the northern hemisphere !

Did anyone see what happened to Hogg in England game?
I've re-watched the first 20 minutes and don't see any point where he gets a knock, nevermind to the head. The play immediately before he goes off is even shown close up as a replay because Launchbury rips the ball off Russell, and Hogg is in shot for pretty much all of it with no sign of anything happening to him. After the play he just appears to crouch down and call the physio, then the next shot he is running up the tunnel.

Latest posts