• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 12: Blues vs. Cheetahs (12/05/2017)

Great result for the Blues.
DEfence still an issue but the winning run continues and the pressure is now on the Highlanders to beat the Bulls or the gap will close right up.

Just goes to show how important bonus points can be. The Highlanders will have lost an entire game less, but still be only 1 point ahead if they lose to the Bulls by more than 7 points.

good game, cheetahs always make for an interesting game. They love to attack like NZ teams but just lack organization and commitment to match that on defense.
Ioane Brothers are starting to look good at the right time of year. Akira has been shading Luatua lately.

good game, cheetahs always make for an interesting game. They love to attack like NZ teams but just lack organization and commitment to match that on defense.
Ioane Brothers are starting to look good at the right time of year. Akira has been shading Luatua lately.

Akira is developing nicely, I'm glad Kaino is there as mentor. You don't get anyone any better than that.

Akira is making a very strong late case for the ABs number 8 jersey, given that Read and Squire are in doubt. There's no real standout replacement to those 2, so if he keeps this up then he may well play himself in there.
I honestly don't know who I'd have starting if Read and Squire don't make it.... I reckon the best options are Whitelock, Savea, Luatua, Ioane and maybe Shields, but who I'd pick 'm really not sure.

Whitelock and Ioane I think. Both have a future in the side. Whitelock is the next best thing to Read and Ioane adds a complete different dynamic and is a great utility. Loving all the forward depth we have.

Got Reiko Ioane in my fantasy team this week mate and Naholo captain. What about you? Next season we should get a pool going, none of my mates ever take it seirously and give up after 4-5 game weeks. :(
How'd you go? Bit unlucky about Naholo, a few people got screwed over by that..... I managed 190 which seems modest but actually somehow got me the yellow cap in a few pools, seems it was a low scoring round.... Kerevi was the big scorer for me but I had Mounga and Higginbotham on the bench who both scored 20+, should've started them >_<
Still a good round on the whole though, I've managed to jump another 500 odd places and have now cracked the top 1000. :)

How'd you go? Bit unlucky about Naholo, a few people got screwed over by that..... I managed 190 which seems modest but actually somehow got me the yellow cap in a few pools, seems it was a low scoring round.... Kerevi was the big scorer for me but I had Mounga and Higginbotham on the bench who both scored 20+, should've started them >_<
Still a good round on the whole though, I've managed to jump another 500 odd places and have now cracked the top 1000. :)

Nice mate!

Argh, not great, but OK considering my captain got a red card LOL, ended up with140. Down 200 places to the 600. The Naholo red really killed me and I traded in Skosan who did nothing vs the Brumbies either.

Laumape looks good for captain this weekend!

Nice mate!

Argh, not great, but OK considering my captain got a red card LOL, ended up with140. Down 200 places to the 600. The Naholo red really killed me and I traded in Skosan who did nothing vs the Brumbies either.

Laumape looks good for captain this weekend!
Definitely looks like Laumape will be a good shout for cap this week, think that's the way I'll go too. I had Skosan as well, and Cordero who was equally quiet, so the back 3 wasn't my strong point either lol.
I've gotta bring in 2 new back 3 this week with Cordero not playing and Nanai likely to be on the bench... I've already got my 4 Canes so not too sure who I'll go with. I'm thinking Bender (expected to start this week) is probs a safe bet, and would go with Naholo too but I don't think he'll be available... so maybe Osborne, or maybe Van Wyk from the Sharks? Really not sure...

Definitely looks like Laumape will be a good shout for cap this week, think that's the way I'll go too. I had Skosan as well, and Cordero who was equally quiet, so the back 3 wasn't my strong point either lol.
I've gotta bring in 2 new back 3 this week with Cordero not playing and Nanai likely to be on the bench... I've already got my 4 Canes so not too sure who I'll go with. I'm thinking Bender (expected to start this week) is probs a safe bet, and would go with Naholo too but I don't think he'll be available... so maybe Osborne, or maybe Van Wyk from the Sharks? Really not sure...

Yeah, I need to replace Naholo since he's banned for the week. I was looking at Bender as well. But I've got Ioane, Bosch and Skosan, so I might just run them. I like playing Beauden Barrett at 10 and Bosch/Jordie as kicker, Bosch has been great value. Basically scored 20+ points every match he's played in. You should consider getting him in as your kicker. My team actually looks pretty decent for the upcoming game week, just need to make sure I nail my captain choice. My best haul last season was when (C) Ruan Combrinck scored 4 tries!

Yeah, I need to replace Naholo since he's banned for the week. I was looking at Bender as well. But I've got Ioane, Bosch and Skosan, so I might just run them. I like playing Beauden Barrett at 10 and Bosch/Jordie as kicker, Bosch has been great value. Basically scored 20+ points every match he's played in. You should consider getting him in as your kicker. My team actually looks pretty decent for the upcoming game week, just need to make sure I nail my captain choice. My best haul last season was when (C) Ruan Combrinck scored 4 tries!
Yup I've been running that formula too, but with Jordie as the kicker and Beaudy at 10 (which should work wonders this week), then using the back 3 as pure meter-makers and try scorers. Mckenzie has been my mainstay back there and has been very productive, but the Chiefs have a tough run in so he might become less effective. At this point my back 3 this week will probs be Bender, Skosan and Dmac, though there's a good chance I'll bring in someone else to start ahead of DMac or Skosan, because I pretty much have a free range with transfers this week.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Bosch was off with the U20s now and won't be available for a month or so?
My best cap call so far was when I gave it to Mataele vs the Sunwolves in his debut start. I remembered watching him in the NPC and thinking he's really got the goods, so figured he was worth the punt. The kid bagged a firsthalf hatrick and basically single-handedly got me the top score in a few pools for that round, so I was pretty stoked lol.

Latest posts