• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 12: Rebels vs. Reds (13/05/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Y55uszV.png
V
LXj02aa.png

Venue: AAMI Park
Time: 11:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Not surprised there have been no posts about this game!

The Reds have leap frogged the Waratahs on the table with almost 40 more points scored against them.
The Rebels should be expelled immediately, they disgust me.... well.... almost.

Why should the Rebels be expelled? because they almost didn't lose?

Why do the Rebels and Force get blamed because the Waratahs, Reds and Brumbies are crap?

How did the Reds almost lose to the Rebels, when the Reds have Moore, Smith, Higginbotham, Kerevi, Cooper and the Rebels were playing a club player at 7

Also, not surprised there were no posts about the game, who am I supposed to discuss it with? those who wish to slag off the Rebels, get lost!

I watched the game, and we played well despite a few mistakes, Koriobete should never kick again - it's a shame we didn't win because it would have shut a few people up.

The Reds have leap frogged the Waratahs on the table with almost 40 more points scored against them.
The Rebels should be expelled immediately, they disgust me.... well.... almost.

The Rebels have had a few bad results year, but they're certainly not disgusting. They have had a few wins as well one against the top Australian side the Brumbies. I thought they put in a good season last year as well.

Do you honestly think the ARU would allow the Waratahs to be expelled when they finish on the bottom? It's not as simple as you put it.

If it was NZ in the same predicament, do you think the Blues could be expelled that easily?

we aren't losing a team, simple as that. The ARU are going down in court before we lose a team, I can assure you of that

If it was NZ in the same predicament, do you think the Blues could be expelled that easily?
why would nz have to lose a team? our infrastructure can support have 5 viable teams.
aus not so much. keep the five teams and aus rugby will just die slowly. simple as

why would nz have to lose a team? our infrastructure can support have 5 viable teams.
aus not so much. keep the five teams and aus rugby will just die slowly. simple as

The NZ analogy was simply to show the stupidity of axing a team based on this season's performance alone. You couldn't axe the blues because they finished last this year, they represent NZ's biggest city, have won ***les etc. The situation with Aus rugby isn't black and white.

That's your opinion mate. Aus rugby is doing a good job at committing suicide, but that's not because we have 5 teams, losing a team will not make the Waratahs, Reds or Brumbies any better, they are playing poorly because they are poor teams. There are bigger issues in the ARU which need to be resolved before anything will actually change.

The NZ analogy was simply to show the stupidity of axing a team based on this season's performance alone.
yeah i'm not one to ask. my simplistic view is to get rid of a team (tho i reckon 2 should go) and redistribute the players in a fairer spread to make all teams better.
next i would build a grass roots thru the schools and have a 1st XV national comp. have some serious prize money on offer to encourage buy in. use aus exPlayer greats to help promote it and try and get an army of volunteers to help. equipment those volunteers with promo gears (get corps to pay for these) they can give away , mouth guards, water bottles anything that kids may need and/or want...within reason.
once the grassroots is established then it'll bear fruit in 4-5 years . then if the level of aus rugby has increased then you can have your teams back.
someone in the ARU needs to map out some decent pathways for kids rugby. personally i'd raid the NRL for their admin as they have awesome pathways for kids that reach NZ shores.
but thats simplistic and i dont know if it would work in aus and i dont live there.

Thanks mania, you have the general idea right, but I don't think we should lose any teams, certainly not the Rebels or Force. The reason why is because as soon as we do that, we surrender to AFL, League and soccer.
There will be no pathway for players in Victoria/WA and only the exception talent will have to move state as teenagers like Ioane and Leali'ifano did, how much talent was missed because it's was too hard for a family to move interstate? The Rebels have already debuted 5 kids who grew up in Melbourne, almost 1 per year - that's not bad considering how people keep saying that no one cares about rugby in Melbourne.

That's one way we differ from NZ, the other is that not all schools have rugby teams, it's a private school thing. Here in Melbourne, our private schools are the only ones who have rugby teams, some public schools have league teams and almost all have AFL and soccer. I believe it's the same in NSW. That's what makes your grass roots plan hard to put into practice, although it's a good idea and would work easily in NZ.

I reckon this thread will get locked by admin soon because we are a bit off topic. I just want people to stop slagging off the Rebels and saying they should be axed because no one cares, there's a lot more at stake than that. if your team was at risk of being axed you wouldn't be happy. Been watching super Rugby since 1996 and waited a long time to see it live in my home city after going through the agony of losing the bid to WA in 2005, I will lose the plot if the Rebels are axed.

It really annoys me, when the pretty much everyone except Rebels fans want to see the Rebels go, especially when they've beaten the Brumbies and come really close to beating the Waratahs and Reds this season, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

it's a private school thing. Here in Melbourne, our private schools are the only ones who have rugby teams,
thats why u put up a cold $mil as first prize to the school that wins it. money talks. if that doesnt get every school , public and private, wanting some then nothing will
then you have another mil to be paid out , the amount decreasing as you finish further down the ladder.
another 3 mil to run the comp.
5 mil all up. simple.i know outrageous. but u think of the money that the ARU squandered on leagees and the millions they pay themselves and this is small change.

thats why u put up a cold $mil as first prize to the school that wins it. money talks. if that doesnt get every school , public and private, wanting some then nothing will
then you have another mil to be paid out , the amount decreasing as you finish further down the ladder.
another 3 mil to run the comp.
5 mil all up. simple.i know outrageous. but u think of the money that the ARU squandered on leagees and the millions they pay themselves and this is small change.

The ARU does not have $5mil to spend. They are a quickly sinking ship, as is.

I did watch the match, I just didn't get to write anything on here.

If there's anything that's certainly not helping rugby in Australia, then it's the neverending drama around which teams will get to stay. Why would anyone want to become interested in that mess?

The ARU does not have $5mil to spend. They are a quickly sinking ship, as is.
they could pay themselves less or stop trying to buy leagees all time. ARU cant afford not to have a grassroots

Latest posts